Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 10-04-2009, 09:26 PM   #1  

Default Zumba

I was wondering if anyone has tried Zumba? I really love to dance and what I have seen on the internet this seems like it would be fun. Plus it burnes a ton of calories.
ldkell2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 12:21 PM   #2  
Go Blue!

S/C/G: 286.8/180.6/145

I haven't tried the videos but I really love the classes! They are easy to find around here, most of the gyms that offer classes and the park districts have some kind of zumba offering now. They are very high energy and fun, and the time seems to pass by sooo quickly for me. Some people in class that have worn heart rate monitors during the workout have had really high calorie burns. It can vary some though depending on the person and the instructor.
Somni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 12:52 PM   #3  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

I cannot wait to try Zumba! Unfortunately, my gym hasn't offered it before now and it was far too expensive to take anywhere else, so I am waiting until my gym starts it up next month. I'm so excited!

My girlfriend has taken it at our local Y and found she had really high calorie burns while having a great time. I've also heard really good things about it from other friends who've done it, and my gym staff had a ball during their demo. I'd say go for it!
beachgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 10:14 PM   #4  
Future Former Fat Girl

I go to a women's-only gym and we have two weekly Zumba classes. I have to do really small movements to get through the class because I'm still struggling to get back into shape. Still, really fun and great music!
mllek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 08:11 PM   #5  

never heard of this before... looking into dance classes. I've always loved salsa.
MommaV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 12:16 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 183.4/183.4/120

Height: 5' 3"

Red face

I have started Zumba at home with the dvd's because I am too conscious to do it in public until I learn it and lose some weight.
This is my first post. I just joined and was looking for a group doing Zumba that I could connect with.
salsa73 is offline   Reply With Quote