Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 10-12-2009, 09:16 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 220 (2007) 159 (now)/159/140

Height: 5 feet, 8.5 inches tall

Default Pedometer?

My brother is pre-diabetic, according to the doctor, and is working on losing weight. He's started the South Beach Diet on his doctor's advice. His job is somewhat active, as well, but he would probably benefit from a pedometer to show him his daily step totals, and maybe motivate him to take a few more. I know a heart rate monitor really helped motivate me to work out harder and longer to get my calorie burn totals higher, so maybe a pedometer will help him out to start HIS journey...

I'm thinking of this as a Christmas gift. Any recommendations on an affordable, quality pedometer??
MindiV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 09:48 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I have a pedometer , I purchased it online for less than $5 ( about 4 years ago) it is made by Oregon and is very reliable. I forgot to take it off my jeans, once and didn't notice it until I took my wet clothes out of the washing machine. It still works , once it dried out. Your brother will probably find he gets to 10,000 steps much quicker than he thinks.

bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 09:56 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 220 (2007) 159 (now)/159/140

Height: 5 feet, 8.5 inches tall

Cool....thanks!
MindiV is offline   Reply With Quote