Spin Bike Question

• I am having some money issues and the gym is pricey. I was wondering if I bought a spin bike would that be a good sub for the gym? Would I still burn enough and lose weight with it or what should I do? Any suggestions are welcome thanks.
  • As long as you use it you will be burning and therefore losing
  • I love spinning and you can do it on your own with a good playlist. I say go for it, if you can afford it.
  • You will definitely lose weight if you use it. All you have to be is disciplined. I'm not disciplined so I HAVE TO go to the gym to lose weight because if I go I feel pressured and end up doing it. But that's just me. If you are disciplined enough then go for it. I wish I was disciplined because I could be saving the gym money.
  • I love spinning and find it to be a fantastic workout. If you end up getting a bike google "spinning workouts" and you'll find some suggestions for workouts you can do on your bike (ie: peddling full speed for 30 seconds, recovering for a minute, repeat or increasing resistance at different times) those will help you get the most out of your workouts.

Another thing to consider: I looked into getting a spin bike but in the end opted to get a road bike and bike trainer. The trainer I bought on Craig's list for $25 (regular $300!) It allows me to put my outdoor bike onto the trainer in my living room and ride it like a spinning bike. Then when I feel like going for a bike ride I take my bike off and head outside.