Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2002, 10:55 PM   #1  

Question Total Gym Anyone?

Does any one use the total gym? I saw it on TV today, and was thinking of ordiering it. It costs an awful lot, so I'd like some feed back on it, before I make my decision.

Thanks a lot,

Angela
Old 07-12-2002, 06:39 PM   #2  

I got a Total Gym in May and really have enjoyed using it. Mine was the model 3000 which I got on Ebay for a very good price. It actually does come fully assembled in the box. (It is a lot heavier than the infomercial makes it look like and it does take up more floor space than I had planned on. ) I have used it almost every day and can really tell a difference in my overall muscle tone.

There are a lot of different models of the Total Gym out there, so you may want to shop around a little before you decide which one to buy.

Enjoy!
Old 07-12-2002, 10:40 PM   #3  

Thanks for your help. I will try looking on ebay. I have seen it on the infomercial, and QVC. Is the 3000 model the one with the weight bench? My jusband says resistance is not enough for him, he wants weights, so I would like to get one we can both use.

Thanks again!
Old 07-16-2002, 11:49 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 325 / see ticker / 150

Height: 5'4"

My husband bought a Total Gym(our is the 1000), and he really likes it. He also has some free weights as well, but no weight bench(and my husband is a big guy).
Old 07-22-2002, 04:29 PM   #5  

Height: 6'0"

Default Love my Total Gym

I love my Total Gym. Unfortunately, the wheels for the glideboard broke and I am waiting for some replacements. I must say that I miss using my Total Gym. I am stronger and firmer. It truly only takes 10 minutes a day.

The gym comes with a video by John Carlio. I've been doing his workout for over a year and I'm on level 5.

186/165/170 (WW)
Old 07-23-2002, 01:26 PM   #6  
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 241/237/160

My co-worker has the Total Gym 3000 and really likes it. She bought it for $400 plus shipping on SeenOnTVFitness.com.

Domina, her wheel broke too, they sent her a new revised one.
She then discovered that you can't use the old wheel and new wheel together and had to call them again. They sent her the other new wheel(s) for free.

Anyway, she is really happy with it and has me convinced to buy one (when I have a spare $500!)
Old 07-23-2002, 04:39 PM   #7  
it's always something

I love my Total Gym 2000. It works great.... when I use it
Old 07-26-2002, 03:14 PM   #8  

Smile total gym

Hi stopat2

My husband wanted to by it for himself and I didn't want him to at the time. Due to purchasing it with a credit card at the time. I finally gave in. We purchased the total gym 1000 and paid $200 for it. I started dieting and exercising in Nov. of 2001 and started using it myself. I now use it more than my husband . I alternate it with tae bo and enjoy it. Haven't had any problems with wheels breaking. Glad to know about that. I'm also glad we have it too!

198/162/140
Closed Thread