Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 08-23-2009, 11:19 PM   #1  
Go Blue Team!

S/C/G: 197.6/195.8/140

Height: 5'2"

Default Help with workouts for large chested gals

I am having a lot of trouble with my workouts becuse my boobs keep getting in the way. I'm a 38H, and the special sports bra I ordered was too small (even though I followed their sizing charts - grrrr). So I usually stack an old underwire sports bra and 2 other uniboob kind to hold me in.

I'm walking/jogging and doing 30DS and some Wii Active/Fit stuff too. I get winded easily unless I hold those puppies down with my hands/arms. I tried to do some pilates the other night because my shins are hurting, but I can't breathe! My boobs are literally choking me on some of the moves. And I tried a balance ball workout, and the same thing. I am getting choked by my boobs! My husband thought he was being funny when I was doing the pilates and held my boobs toward my belly some, but I could actually breathe right then and finish the move.

SO enough complaining, does anyone else have this problem? Or a better solution? I can't get a reduction yet. I'm waiting to have kids first so I can fix it all after more damage is done.
Nella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 11:44 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 229/220/170

Height: 6'0'

I'm not quite as blessed as you are (I'm only a 36 DD), but I sympathize. I wear a sports bra, tank with a built in shelf, and a regular tank top when I work out...And try not to hit myself in the eye with them, if you get my drift!
I'm not sure what to offer in the way of advice. Maybe a girdle type thing, or something?
Sorry to be so unhelpful. One of my friends is a 34H and I knwo how frustrating it can be...
chickybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 08:55 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 198/ticker/148?

Height: 5'3"

I can sympathize although I am not quite as "endowed" as you.

I was doing a workout and the two five year old girls that I babysit were doing it with me. I had to laugh at their jumping jacks, they think you are supposed to do them holding your chest.

I have always avoided aerobics for that reason, I can't tolerate the bouncing chest. One weird thing that did work, I literally wrapped ace bandages around my chest. I can't afford a new sports bra, and I sure can't afford one if I am going to have to keep buying them as the boobs shrink.

The ace bandage looks terrible , but I am at home so no biggie.
roundpeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 09:03 AM   #4  
Ilene the Bean

My recommendation is to go to a reputable exercise store... I know that Under Armour has a very good sports bra for women who are well endowed...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 10:26 PM   #5  
Go Blue Team!

I haven't tried UnderArmour yet, I'll try them next, thanks

And Round peg, I've thought about the ace bandage thing, but haven't done it yet. And jumping jacks are the worst!! I skipped to level 2 of 30DS to get away from them and the jump rope thing, lol.
Old 08-25-2009, 10:09 AM   #6  
Closed

S/C/G: 244/165/137

Height: 5' 7"

Ok, best bra EVER is from Enell. SERIOUSLY worth the money, cause it holds you in place and minimizes you so you don't choke on your boobs when doing sit-ups. Take it from me, I understand...starting at a Euro size 42G (!gawd almighty!), I feel your pain. I have 3 Enells and they are the most amazing sports bra ever for people with significant boobage -- no straps to slip, no cutting in at the shoulders, and movement is minimized. Do what you have to in order to get one of these...

http://www.enell.com/index.php

As you say that high impact activities are uncomfortable for you, you may think also about swimming (until your Enell comes in the mail!)...other than that, walking is about as good an exercise as you can get if boobage is a problem because you won't have as much motion to fight against. Anything involving crunching or moving your knees to your chest or bending over so gravity moves the boobage or raising your arms up lifting said boobage to your nose thus smothering you will be really uncomfortable at this point, so perhaps getting your body fat lower (and your boobage under control) with sustained walking for long periods of time might be of the most use right now...

Kira

Last edited by kiramira; 08-25-2009 at 10:13 AM.
kiramira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 10:11 AM   #7  
Inspired

S/C/G: 275 / 208 / 135

Height: 5'5"

I recommend going to a sports chalet, lane bryant, or another other sports shop, they have all sorts of sizes and bras with support where you need it.
Minya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 10:36 AM   #8  
Age 53

S/C/G: 265/ticker/165

Height: 5'7"

I'm the same bra size and even have an Enell bra, but I've found the best solution at this point is doing "non-bouncy" exercise. My exercise choices are hiking, swimming and recumbent bike.

However once I get under 200 I plan to start running and so I'm reading this thread carefully for all suggestions, cause so far in my life the boob size rarely drops, even as the band size on the bras decreases.
caryesings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 11:37 AM   #9  
Go Blue Team!

I haven't tried the Enell bras yet because their sizes don't go past DDD, which will be too small. The one I ordered was recommended on a thread here, but then the sizing was wrong, so I have to send it back to the UK for an exchange. So annoying, lol.

I have the same issue as Cary, no matter how much I lose, it's never a significant amount from my chest.

Maybe I can talk DH into putting in a pool
Old 08-25-2009, 11:42 AM   #10  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

I can totally sympathize with you as a big breasted one myself. I usually have to double these puppies up and I am okay. I won't say perfect, but I do feel like I am being a bit smoothered. I wear a reg bra and then a sports bra over the top and then my workout clothes. I REALLY hope they shrink...
Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 11:54 AM   #11  
Closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nella View Post
I haven't tried the Enell bras yet because their sizes don't go past DDD, which will be too small.
Hon, ignore the DDD and go with the measurements -- here's the sizing chart:

http://www.enell.com/size_and_measurement_chart.php

I'm pretty sure with your stats that you are less than a 60 inch chest, and your ribcage is less than 53 inches, no? Cause this is the largest size that they have! Go by the measurements and not the DDD size cause bras fit differently...right now, I am in their size 2 but in a 38E!

Seriously, just go by the measurements, not the bra size, and if you are doing high impact sports, get a size down to really hold the ladies in place.

You can order these in the US from:

http://www.sportsunlimitedinc.com/sportsbras.html or other such websites.

In Canada, you can get them here:

https://www.laurensilva.com/login.as...E+Thank+you%2E

Just a thought...but I DO love the pool idea!

Kira
Old 08-25-2009, 01:22 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 287/215/149

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiramira View Post
Hon, ignore the DDD and go with the measurements -- here's the sizing chart:
http://www.enell.com/size_and_measurement_chart.php
Kira
Soooooo ... what if your ribcage is 36 and your bust is 53? It is a conundrum.
CJZee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 01:31 PM   #13  
Closed

Well, you'll probably need custom made everything, cause I don't think those measurements are terribly usual. I suspect anyone with unusual measurements regardless of bust or height or leg length or whatever wind up with custom-made stuff. I mean, companies normally fabricate for the usual, no?

Kira

Last edited by kiramira; 08-25-2009 at 01:33 PM.
Old 08-26-2009, 09:04 AM   #14  
Go Blue Team!

Kira, I didn't look closely at the measurement charts, but you are right. I'll try that. Thanks so much!

And Diva, me too!!! I would love to go down a few sizes so I can find bras in normal stores that don't cost $80 a piece or more.
Old 09-01-2009, 04:50 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/154

Hello,

yeah I have this issue, I have 36 G, not as much fun as it sounds ;o) I tried everything, but the best thing I ever did was get a custom made sports bra, it cost only about 50 pounds approx $90, but I was a risk off getting a black eye.
I was put in touch with the person through my local GP as they were causing me back issues.

Good Luck,
KboP is offline   Reply With Quote