Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 03-02-2009, 05:13 AM   #1  
44lbs gone!

S/C/G: 154/112/105

Height: 4'10''

Default Progress and routine advice

Hi all, Sorry about the length of this message
About 3 years ago I decided to go on a weight loss and healthy eating spree, Which was in September I think, in December I decided to join the local gym.
At the Introduction that Took my measurements

21/12/2005
Age 20
Weight 66kg
Body fat 42.6%
I did get remeasured after a couple of months, and there was an improvement but Needless to say I didn't keep up with the gym, especially when my bicycle was stolen from there.

Well after just over a year I lost a bunch of weight from dieting and felt happier and healthier for it! but I've never been what I was describe as physically fit, or gain the body image I wanted to. The only exercise I did do was cycling to/from classes and to/from work.

Since then my weight has fluctuated, I don't understand it, I eat really well and the scales either do not move or increase. Or I eat not very well, but don't stress over it and the scales stay the same or go down,
I decided that I'm not going to stick with my muscle toneless body and what to become a fitter person, so I joined the gym again was measured again

23/02/2009
Tanita Body Composition Analyzer BC-418
Age 23
Height 148 cm
Weight47.9kg
BMI 21.9
Bodyfat 23%

This machine also records impedance and a break down of the fat percentage is in each of my limbs and trunk.

The guy introducing me to the gym was nice enough, just a part-timer who told me that BMI is the most important number which I should start my aim with reducing it by .9
Other than that and showing me how to use the machines again I didn't get any info on a routine.

I do prefer gym classes, I went to 2 last week, but Im already behind this week as unforeseeable circumstances stopped me from attending my Saturday morning class.
I am going to the gym this afternoon with 2 other girls.
Last Week I did 10mins on stepper, then 10 on the arm cycle thing then did some crunches.
I am unfit and if ya like the term 'lazy'.
But I'm looking for an efficient routine to get results, does any one have any constructive advice?

Also, my membership allows me entry 9am-4pm mon thru sat, Im at School Tues, Thurs afternoon, Friday Morning, I work Saturday afternoon, Sunday and Wednesday afternoons.

I like the 1hr30min class on Sat mornings 'AeroBiking &Sculpt' -it's at 9:30am
I attend Aerobics level1 on Wednesday mornings with a friend.

I find I have a constant battle with my weight
angeleyezx is offline   Reply With Quote