Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2002, 04:39 PM   #1  
Searching for Motivation

Exclamation Looking for a GREAT (or good) upper body workout video

Hello

I am currently looking for an at-home video that is really good for the upper body. It doesn't have to include abs, but if it does that's great too. Right now the only one I have is Kathy Smith's Secrets for a Great Body (I have upper and lower). I'm hesitant to go out and buy just anything, so I thought I'd ask you gals.

Btw, is it just me or does it seem like the majority of videos target mainly the lower body? The arms get worked a little but not as much as the rest of the body. I would hate to have strong legs and weak (and flabby ) arms. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!!
Old 08-16-2002, 01:41 AM   #2  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Hi Sassypie,
Check out www.videofitness.com - it's a website that gives lots of information on fitness videos. There's a REVIEWS section where real people rate them. It's categorized by exercise type - check out the strength training. There's also a FAVORITES section with ones that got high reviews and a forum like this site where you can post your question too. Happy hunting
Old 08-16-2002, 12:12 PM   #3  
Searching for Motivation

Thanks Happy - you always come through
Old 08-20-2002, 05:24 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 155/150/125

Height: 5'1

Hi I love exercise videos.
I have a DVD(I think it comes in VHS also) that is called Quick Fix Total Mix, which has a 10 min arms&legs, also 10 arms, and many more 10 min exercises. Check it out!
Jess
Old 08-21-2002, 05:03 PM   #5  
Searching for Motivation

Jess - thanks for the info! Is it available in stores or is it older? It doesn't sound like one I've heard of/seen before. I'd like to get more info on it and maybe check out a website if they have one. Can you let me know?

Thanks alot!
Old 08-21-2002, 06:40 PM   #6  

I know for sure Target has it. I have also seen it on videofitness.com. But it was only $10 at target. I saw it on target.com the dvd for 14.95. They also had 8 min arms&abs on there. I never tryed that one though. good luck
Old 08-25-2002, 06:27 PM   #7  

Try Corey Everson's 'Get Hard: Arms and Shoulders' video. You have to overlook the cheesey production, but it's my favorite. I actually have some shoulders now.

Kathe Friedriche (sp?) also has some great strength videos - from her Pure Strength series.
Old 08-26-2002, 09:28 AM   #8  
Searching for Motivation

Thanks for the info ladies!! I hope to hit my local library or Target this week. I appreciate the responses
Old 08-28-2002, 09:55 PM   #9  

Hey I just rented Cindy Crawfords New Challenge from the library and it works your whole body, And your arms will get a workout. The streching at the beginning is boring but once she gets started it is great, alittle too hard. Jessamy
Old 09-02-2002, 10:29 AM   #10  

Hey sassypie,
this is not a video but on-line exercize hints for work out (both upper and lower body), by a women and for women, together with pics of the person who set the site up.
The site is very cool, as this girl knows what she writes about and makes you laugh at the same time.
The pics and descriptions are very clear.

Go to www.stumptuous.com and then to iron (or read more about the author)

have fun!
Old 09-07-2002, 07:41 PM   #11  
Searching for Motivation

Greekgirl -

I just wanted to say thanks for the site - it was very informative and funny too! I liked her sense of humor and she had a lot of useful information! Thanks again
Closed Thread