Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2003, 06:34 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 245/245/130

Height: 5'2"

Aleka,

Do those exercises sitting down... just make sure to suck in the tummy - I typically do those exercises in the evening when I am standing in the shower.... however you are most comfortable....
Old 04-01-2003, 06:57 AM   #47  

Smile Angel,

Thank you answering my question. Sitting down I can do.

Have a wonderful day.
Old 04-07-2003, 05:34 AM   #48  

Hi all~

This may sound like a stupid question but I was unclear on something. Do you have to have the bar in order to do the body flex exercises or are there seperate exercises that you can do on your own?

Thanks~

Lilly
Old 04-07-2003, 11:35 AM   #49  
Getting healthier daily!!

Default BodyFlex Bar....

The bar is fairly new and is not necessary to do the BF program.

The original program consists of two videos - one is instructional and the other one has a routine all planned out for you. The program comes with a motivational cassette and a tape measure to measure your progress.

The Advanced Work-out program is a 9 minute program made especially for those people who have mastered the original program. I have it and it is not necessary to have, although some people who feel they are on a plateau find it helpful. This program comes with a casette for use in the car and has 9 minutes of the breathing all counted out for you. If you go to skippedbreath.com (or maybe theskippedbreath.com can't remember) you will get almost the same "advanced" routine for free. A gal named Jacque originated this one and I use it and like it. But master the original program first.

The Gym Bar is nice, but again not necessary for success with BF. It's a good thing for people who want to add a little something to their routine.

If you'd like to read up on the BF program and how it got started, Greer Childers has a book that was written a few years ago and is very good. Pictures show all the positions. "Be a Loser" I think is it's title. It's a good refresher course later on, too.

Basically, what I am saying is that you don't need anything other than the original program for good results.
Old 04-08-2003, 03:16 AM   #50  

Thanks for the information....I really appreciate it! I'm going to the library to check out the book tomorrow..well today actually since it is about 2 am. I fell down a flight of stairs hauling christmas decorations up and smashed my kneecap. I haven't been cleared by my pt to get back to my regular routine but she suggested the BF program until I can start my stuff up again. Thanks again.

Lilly
Old 04-09-2003, 08:18 AM   #51  

Good Luck Lilly!!!!

I do think it works just takes some practice! I still have coughing fits while doing it (although I do live in georgia where the pollen count has been over 4000.... 170 is considered high).....
Old 04-09-2003, 09:36 PM   #52  

Default Body Flex

Before you go to Ebay, or anywhere to get the Body Flex tapes, try Goodwill or some other second hand store ...I got the tape for a friend and I only paid $1.25.

I was doing Body Flex for a couple of years, lost lots of inches and pounds, and my stamina was great! Before I started BF, I had difficulty climbing one flight of stairs (totally out of breath!!) but it's not a problem anymore. I'm doing Curves now, but still do BF a couple times a week. I know, it looks funny, but it can and does work.
Old 04-13-2003, 12:17 PM   #53  
Just an average Jane....

So what does everyone think of Lifelift? I have heard that it is similiar to BF.....
Old 04-17-2003, 10:07 PM   #54  

Hey debi I posted a few days ago on this and just realized it didnt take....

I just wanted to let you know that I haven't seen Life Lift so I cant really say.....

Let me know what you find out.
Old 04-30-2003, 09:08 PM   #55  

i ordered this like 2 months ago used it for 2 days and i already felt i could breathe easier..but then i just stopped (because im an idiot) but im going to start again tomorrow...or so i say tonight
Closed Thread