3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Fitness > Exercise!

Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Calling all Body Flex'ers

Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2001, 11:55 PM   #16

BUNZIEE!
I'm leaving in about 2 hours so I thought I'd check my email. I got your info and THANKS. I know nothing about Paris so it's great to get first hand info from someone who has been there.

I have been doing the advanced tape now for 2 days and it's only 9 minutes but I really saw results.( I do it once a day) My official total for 4 weeks is 10 pounds and 16 1/2 inches. I'm happy. And I'm happy for your sister.
I think the advanced tape will get you rolling again. ALso, there a cassette that comes with the advanced tape that I do in the car. It's great but people stare at me. OH WELL, they can really stare when I lose ALL my weight!
Talk to you in a week and THANKS!
Kel
Old 02-23-2001, 08:09 AM   #17

Hi Kelly,

When you get this you will be back - so I hope you had a WONDERFUL time!! Tell me all about it.

Also, I am glad to hear you started the Advanced BF. I also ordered it and it just arrived today. I am going to start tomorrow morning. I know I have a slow metabolism, so hopfully this will give it a bigger boost. To date I have lost 6 1/2 pounds and 8 inches. I will be measuring again on Sunday - so hopefully a few more inches will be gone. I'll let you know how I like the Advanced BF after a few days. Talk with you soon.

Bunziee
Old 02-23-2001, 08:31 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally posted by Jilly's Mom:
O.K. so what is Body Flex.
I am really in the dark.
I don't know what Oxycise is either
HELP!!!
Thanks in advance
Hi Jilly's Mom! I have used both Body Flex and Oxycise! Both programs use the same concept but a different breathing technique. Some of the differences between the two are that Body Flex must be done on an empty stomach where Oxycise! can be done anytime of day. Oxycise's breath is more gentle and doesn't have any breath-holding. I am not trying to suggest that one is better than the other as I'm not an expert in that area--it's a matter of personal preference. There are Oxycisers! who use one or both programs and some who prefer Body Flex over Oxycise! and visa-versa. For me, I prefer Oxycise! because of the flexibility of being able to do it anytime and the gentler breathing technique. Both Greer Childers (founder of Body Flex) and Jill Johnson (founder of Oxycise!) look incredible, so they must both work--find what works best for you.

If you would like to find out more about Oxycise! you can go to their website at http://www.oxycise.com. You may also want to read the FAQ section which contains specific information about the differences between Body Flex and Oxycise!

If you would like to see my before and after photos, I am on the homepage--I'm Susan Robertson. My testimonial is also featured in the "Success Stories and Personal Experiences" section, #17, last one.

Hope that helps you, Jilly's Mom!

Susan R.
Old 02-24-2001, 04:28 AM   #19
Getting healthier daily!!

Three cheers for Body Flex!!! It has helped me lose 50# (with 25# to go). On days when my joints won't let me do anything else (arthritis) I can always breathe!!! Look up Greer Childers Body Flex on the Internet. You'll be very glad you did. The stretches are deceptively easy-looking and the breathing takes practice. But it is a superior work-out.(If you are pregnant you can do the Oxycize because there is no pulling in of abdominals as there is in Body Flex.) Carleen...
Old 02-24-2001, 09:50 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally posted by Carnation:
Three cheers for Body Flex!!! It has helped me lose 50# (with 25# to go). On days when my joints won't let me do anything else (arthritis) I can always breathe!!! Look up Greer Childers Body Flex on the Internet. You'll be very glad you did. The stretches are deceptively easy-looking and the breathing takes practice. But it is a superior work-out.(If you are pregnant you can do the Oxycize because there is no pulling in of abdominals as there is in Body Flex.) Carleen...
Hi Carleen! Congratulations on your great success! That's fantastic! I'm so glad that you have a found a program that's working so well for you!

I just wanted to clarify the part about using Oxycise! during pregnancy versus using Body Flex. The major difference between Body Flex and Oxycise! is the breath-holding. Body Flex has you hold your breath where Oxycise! does not. They both have you "pull in" (or contract) your abdominal muscles.

Here's what Jill Johnson has said about holding your breath:

"The goal is to increase your oxygen consumption. If you are holding your breath, that means you are not inhaling or exhaling--hence your cells are basically put on hold. (You know what happens when you hold your breath for a couple minutes--all metabolism shuts down.)

"Also, there are some conditions like high blood pressure, and glaucoma which can be aggravated by breath holding. It is also not healthy during pregnancy.

"Soooo, keep the oxygen pumping!"

Jill also addresses using Oxycise! during pregancy (which she did with her fourth pregnancy) at her website under the FAQ section. The URL is http://www.oxycise.com/FAQ/questions.htm . In part though, it says:

"Be sure and check with your physician. Everyone has different bodies, and on occasion there are those who have various problems with pregnancy.

"However, if you do not have a history of miscarriages, or other problems of pregnancy (other than gaining too much weight) then you should be fine lifting and tightening your abdominal area. In fact, by doing so, you will develop wonderful support muscles for that area, as well as getting toned and trim. This will help you avoid other possible problems with carrying your baby as you move into the last couple months.

"You might wish to adapt some of the body positions to make them more comfortable as you get farther along. The Oxycise! eating guidelines are also fine for pregnancy.

"Always use common sense and wisdom in what you do."

The Oxycise! Basic Breath is not difficult, but, as you have said with Body Flex, it too takes a little practice to learn. What makes Oxycise! so effective is that you combine several steps at the same time--deep breathing, contraction of the abdominal muscles, plus various toning and strengthening body positions. Once you learn to coordinate these actions it becomes like "second nature."

Keep up the great work, Carleen, and as Jill says, "Keep on Breathin'!"

Susan R.

[This message has been edited by Susan_R._] (edited 02-24-2001).]
Old 02-27-2001, 03:23 AM   #21

Hey guys,

I'm back from Paris....Loved it, ate too much food and didn't do ONE deep breathe. Ok, so I'm home now and Bunziee, I need some inspiration! How's the advanced working for you?
Anyway, can't wait to jump back on the program. I'm feeling a bit bloated (OK it is some PMS).

And to anyone on this thread using Oxisize, that's great. I think anything that works for you is good. Let's just ALL exercise and feel good and happy!

Kelley
Old 02-28-2001, 08:36 PM   #22

Hi Kelley,

Glad you're home safe and sound! Hope your trip was everything you hoped it would be. Isn't Paris wonderful! What all did you get to see? I am anxious to hear!

But now the vacations over and it's time to BF again! I am having a hard time keeping up with Greer on the Advanced tape. When I do the diamond, the upper abs and the scissors I have a hard time doing the advanced breathing, so I do some of the regular breathing along with the Advanced. Then I just do it longer to compensate for the time. Anyway, it is a workout! I'm sure it's just going to take this old body a little time to adjust. I have also done the "ride along" tape in the car - since I spend a lot of time in my car (I'm a sales rep) it will really come in handy!

I measured on Sunday and lost another 1 1/2 inches. (My waist has gone down 3 inches since I started! I weight in today, but I am expecting my weight to stay the same this week since "Aunt Flow" is visiting.

Where I can REALLY see a difference is in my neck. It is the one place that shows my age and it is tightening up really nice. I keep looking in the mirror - saying WOW!

Talk to you soon!

Bunziee
Old 02-28-2001, 11:29 PM   #23

Hey,
Just a quick note because I'm so jet lagged! ARGGGGG! I will try to BF today to get back to feeling energetic.

I'm happy about your inch loss. way to go!!! Also Last month I felt pretty good during PMS time because of BF. It helped.

I'll write tomorrow about my trip. I can barely keep my eyes open.

Kel
Old 03-01-2001, 09:45 AM   #24

Hi Kel,

Hope you got some sleep. I think it took me a couple days to feel "normal" after my trip.

I went to Weight Watchers today and gained 1 pound this week - but I think it was pretty much water gain. I actually feel like I lost - must be the Body Flex.

Talk to you soon,

Bunziee
Old 03-02-2001, 02:11 AM   #25
Getting healthier daily!!

Ah, Paris - what a wonderful place!!! We were there a couple of years ago and it is one of the few places I would return to again and again!!!

I stand corrected on the difference between Body Flex and Oxycise. The main difference is the holding of one's breath. Both programs involve tucking in of abdominal muscles. Sorry.

But I must stress that if you want a really good work-out and are not into strenuous, bone-jarring exercise, try Body Flex. It has been a wonderful help for me. I have not tried other breathing programs, however. I'm a great believer in using what works for ME!!!
Best wishes....Carleen....
Old 03-02-2001, 10:22 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally posted by Carnation:
I stand corrected on the difference between Body Flex and Oxycise. The main difference is the holding of one's breath. Both programs involve tucking in of abdominal muscles. Sorry.

But I must stress that if you want a really good work-out and are not into strenuous, bone-jarring exercise, try Body Flex. It has been a wonderful help for me. I have not tried other breathing programs, however. I'm a great believer in using what works for ME!!!
Best wishes....Carleen....
Hi Carleen--No need to apologize.

As I mentioned, I have also used Body Flex before and it is in my opinion also an excellent program. Both Greer Childers (Body Flex) and Jill Johnson (Oxycise!) and Rachelle Haines (Life Lift) look incredible, don't they? They all must be doing something right!

Although I have never tried Life Lift (I've heard it's basically the same technique as Body Flex), both BF and O! use no strenuous or bone-jarring exercises, just different breathing techniques. (There is one other difference I forgot to mention--there is no "pah" in the Oxycise! breath.)

Anyway, I'm glad that you found a program that you enjoy that has given you such wonderful results. The main thing, as you've said, is that it works for you.

Thanks for sharing your experience, Carleen.

Susan R.

P.S. I like your name, Carleen!
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.