3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Exercise! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise-34/)
-   -   The most loved exercises (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise/160576-most-loved-exercises.html)

georgiad 01-06-2009 04:50 PM

The most loved exercises

:exercise:

Let's be positive people. What exercise do you love?

Personally, I love the cross-trainer. It's always the first thing I go on at the gym, can easily do an hour on that thing!
I love my mini-trampoline too, but I'm paranoid that I'm too heavy for it now.
And I love mountainhiking. Even though I always moan and complain whenever we go up a hill!

I'd love to swim more, I'm a very strong swimmer and used to compete, but I'm so self-conscious about how I look in a swimming costume. :(

Viatre 01-06-2009 05:16 PM

I have a love/hate relationship with running. I love the feeling after I run, I really, really do. The running itself isn't quite so beloved, but I'm trying to fix that.

Ilene 01-06-2009 05:36 PM

I love:

Weight Training
Running
Cycling
Yoga
Swimming

In that order... If I feel lazy I will weight training, to me it's not like hard work, it is a great workout but not that difficult. I totally enjoy running too, but it's not something I will do if I feel lazy though :lol: ... I love biking, I can also do that when I'm lazy. I love Yoga and swimming but I don't do them often enough...

JackieRn 01-06-2009 05:38 PM

I love running, step aerobics, free weights, and HIIT cardio. I like lunges, squats, kick boxing and spinning.

Schumeany 01-06-2009 06:23 PM

I love hiking. Love it! Since it is cold and miserable outside these days, I am not getting to do it much. I can't wait until Spring.

Oh, and I'm awfully fond of chest presses as well. Don't know why exactly, except that they make me feel really strong.

LindaT 01-06-2009 06:31 PM

Squats and the angled leg press. I love squats because I go so much lower now than ever before and they've done great things for my legs, and the angled leg press because I can now do over 400 pounds and feel like lady stud adding more plates after a man leaves the same machine.:cheese:

MissVitality 01-06-2009 06:32 PM

I love Body Pump (strength training) and Body Attack (high impact cardio) classes - they make me feel on top of the world!

I like Body Balance (a blend of tai chi, yoga and pilates based exercises) to stretch and chill out.

I also enjoy walking, cycling and swimming. Netball is an old favourite but don't get much chance to play these days!

FB 01-06-2009 06:56 PM

Love heavy and hard upper body work with free weights. LOVE IT! Love cycling too. I really enjoy getting into the euphoric zone of hard cardio on the Precor or Cybex arc thingy. I just adore being soppy sweaty, I really do.

mazza 01-06-2009 07:07 PM

I love cycling! Weights also. Umm what else... I like a lot of things. It's easier to list what I don't like.

Justwant2Bhealthy 01-06-2009 07:08 PM

hand weights
chair aerobics
dancing
walking
ski-walking

Skinny Teen 01-06-2009 07:10 PM

DDR (Dance Dance Revolution)
It was the video game where you actually moved around and got active BEFORE the wii. (I would love it if I could afford a Wii and Wii Fit, but alas, money is hard to come by in my family)

Yoga's a great one, too!

I like swimming, too, mostly because the sweat doesn't really slow you down, and you don't get that overheated feeling as often giving more endurance. The only con I have with swimming are the dreaded bathing suits

mazza 01-06-2009 07:13 PM

Skinny Teen - I tried DDR the other day for the first time. I'm really bad at it! My friends were laughing at me - almost as much as I was laughing at myself. :D After that someone else went on and they were even worse than me. Good times.

gymlee 01-06-2009 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by georgiad (Post 2532454)
:exercise:

Let's be positive people. What exercise do you love?

Personally, I love the cross-trainer. It's always the first thing I go on at the gym, can easily do an hour on that thing!
I love my mini-trampoline too, but I'm paranoid that I'm too heavy for it now.
And I love mountainhiking. Even though I always moan and complain whenever we go up a hill!

I'd love to swim more, I'm a very strong swimmer and used to compete, but I'm so self-conscious about how I look in a swimming costume. :(

You know, its good you put a complimenting thread to mine. For me, it was a lot easier for me to list what I didn't like which is why I started the other thread but I guess I have to say that my top five exercises (in no particular order) are as follows:
Kickboxing/boxing
Any kind of cardio machine
Yoga
Squats (bc of how it makes my butt feel)
Hiking :)

gymlee 01-06-2009 10:39 PM

Ps. these are all things that are outside of gymnastics which is for me the best sport ever! haha I so miss competing and I used to be in the best shape when I was competitive. I loved jumping on the trampoline and vaulting because those were so cardio like.

3FCer344892 07-08-2010 04:32 PM

I'm not very athletic, but there are a few exercises that I like.

Volleyball: I found that I was actually pretty good at this in high school. Sadly, I don't ever get to play it.

Swimming: I have always felt comfortable in the water, and love the fluidity of the movements. But, again, I have no place to swim. :(

Dancing: I'm very uncoordinated, but it's fun.

Pilates: Though I lack flexibility, I love the feeling I get afterward, when my muscles are all stretched and warm.

Hiking: I love nature, and it's fun to do this as a group activity. Of course, I don't get to do this a lot.

Hula Hooping: It's fun to do this to good music, but I can't really keep the hoop up. lol.

And I'm sure there are more.