Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2001, 01:41 AM   #1  
Back To Lifetime....!!

Many Welcomes To All

Every month we choose an area to work on - less overwhelming & more fun this way! This month people expressed an interest in the shoulders and back area. So, ta-da! Shoulders and Back it is!

I found a link with some shoulder exercises & thought I'd pass it on. www.ctnetworks.com/bodytech/shoulder.htm I haven't checked this site out to much yet. I just ran a quick search and took a peek at the shoulder exercises listed for those of us who need "ideas"!

Have a great month! Nona
Old 02-04-2001, 06:48 AM   #2  
Back To Lifetime....!!

My ab-wheel is working out pretty good. I can definately feel it in my chest/ab area. I'm getting lower to the floor now - it's not as easy as it looks. Atleast not for me!LOL!

How is everybodys February going? Are you telling your significant others you want something other than chocolate for Valentines Day? My DH knows I'd kill him if he gave me choc's! Oh well!

Take care ~~~~~ Nona
Old 02-06-2001, 12:52 AM   #3  

Hi Everyone:

Nona: Isn't that Ab Slide a killer? It hurts my lower back somewhat, but I still use it although I take it easy.

My daughter and I are just getting over having the flu and I'm bummed, because I was up to walking 3 miles a day on the treadmill (really working hard) and then I got sick. I have to start out slow again for a few days, but I'm still pretty congested (chest cold), what a nasty thing. I think I'd fall over if I tried to walk fast right now, but I'm gonna try tomorrow and see what I can do.

I used to do wall Push ups (I cannot do a regular push up, I have to have my knees on the ground for that), but I lift light weights, and count to 4 to raise them and 4 to lower them. I have the Prevention weight tape and the instructor said your arms and especially your shoulders will show an improvement in a matter of a few weeks, doing the exercises every other day, but also keeping an aroebic activity at least 20 min. per day too.

I'll have to check out that site too.

Talk to you all later.

Take care

Billy Blanks ... definitly a hottie

[This message has been edited by LisaSue (edited 02-05-2001).]
Old 02-06-2001, 08:13 AM   #4  
Chick

S/C/G: 257.5/239.75/155

Height: 5'7 1/2"

I found my Rachel McLish "Perfect Parts" and just did her back and shoulder workouts with free weights. I started with light weights and took it easy, this is something I can do. It seemed to relieve a lot of tension in my back.

LisaSue, being sick can stop an exercise program in its tracks. Despite being knocked out of the loop at the end of Jan., I can tell the first half of the month that I did work hard still shows.

Thanks for starting us up again Nona.
Old 02-08-2001, 08:21 AM   #5  
Back To Lifetime....!!

Hi Ladies ~~

I know what you mean about getting sick and starting your exercise program up again. You definately can't just pick up where you left off - at least I can't

The ab-wheel is certainly a killer, Lisa. Your right about that! How long have you used one? Can you tell the difference?

Were expecting rain off/on this week so I may be doing "mall walks" instead of hitting the pavement!

Catch ya lighter ~~~ Nona
Old 02-13-2001, 11:08 PM   #6  
Dropping so I can TTC

This month I am doing mostly the FIRM Cross Trainers (Tortoise, Hare, Strength and Cardio) and the classics Vol 1-3. I did the Tortoise and those lat rows are killer. I was feeling it for a few days!
Old 02-14-2001, 07:12 AM   #7  
Back To Lifetime....!!

Hi Jill - Thanks for getting us back up to the top again.... can't believe I haven't posted here in so long.

Still doing my walks - went mall walking the other day. Its raining here today/tomorrow, too. Still using my ab-wheel every other day.

Lighter ~~ Nona
Old 02-15-2001, 11:52 PM   #8  

Hi Everyone:

I'm feeling much better, but my daughter can't seem to quite get it out of her system. It may have something to do with all of the other first graders having colds and stuff.

Nona, I've noticed a slight diff. in the appearance of my abs, and my waist. I haven't been working out nearly as hard as I was, and here I thought after a few days, I'll get back to where I was before I got sick......NOT happened yet, but I'm sure it will.

We're going to Arizona visiting my in-laws at the end of March for about a week. I'm really looking forward to the warm weather and being able to walk outside in the morning and/or evening. I just hate to fly though, scared actually, but this will be my fourth time there. I live North of Pittsburgh, PA and this weather is just rainy, chilly and muddy and I'm really hoping we get an early Spring. They say we have another six good weeks of winter, but what do they know, huh

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Lisa
Old 02-21-2001, 02:25 AM   #9  
Number 1 Hockey Fan

pulling up
Old 02-25-2001, 09:47 PM   #10  
Chick

S/C/G: 257.5/239.75/155

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Boy, we've been a quiet group this month. I have been a deadbeat, somehow having fallen out of the habit of regular exercise. This is not good! Help!!!!! Well, I know I have to help myself, I can't go on like this. Any ideas for jumpstarting some activity.
Closed Thread