My elliptical is currently acting up, so I've had to use alternatives. Mine are:
1. Stair HIIT. All you need is a stair! Just do step aerobics...up, down, maybe some kicks, maybe some knee lifts, for 2 min, then go as fast as you can for 30-45 seconds. Then another 2-3 minutes at regular, then fast. Half an hour will kick your butt.
2. Videos. I have a weird collection, so I just go with whatever. Today I did some TaeBo. You can usually even rent these cheap at the library.
3. "Boot Camp" style circuit training. This is fun...you do some form of cardio for 1-2 min (jogging in place, jumping jacks, knee-lifts, etc), then some form of strength training using your body weight (squats, lunges, pushups, burpees, etc). Repeat. You WILL kick your own butt doing this as well.
4. A good long run is nice, also. Push yourself! You could go to a local track or even your normal walking path and do intervals...walk 3 min, run a minute, etc. It's a great way to break into running since you have the intervals to break up the effort, and it burns a ton of calories.
Hope that helps!
Goal Met - 10/28/07
- My Progress Picture Collage - My Goal Story
- Where Have I Been?
No matter how slow you go, you're still lapping everyone on the couch!
Maintained Oct 2007-Sept 2011, then got pregnant. Our baby boy was born in May, 2012...now to lose the baby weight!!