3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Fitness > Exercise!

Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Oxycise IS Exercise! #21

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2001, 10:28 PM   #16

Hi everyone!

Okay I didn't do O! this morning ! I have a cold and I feel so ill right now. All I want to do is eat chicken soup and sleep but I had to come to work. I hope this goes away quickly so I can get back to Oeing. I really miss it. I hope you all are doing better then I am out there. Please check in and let me know how the O! is going !

------------------
Rose
Old 01-31-2001, 01:30 AM   #17

Rose - I was feeling the same way this morning! Scratchy throat, stuffy nose. Gone now, but this morning I was close to calling off work... But it did lead me to wonder if it was even POSSiBLE to do O! wtih a cold. I can imagine doing three sniffs and a sneeze! Or not being able to do three sniffs at all - the horror!

Susan - I would love to see one of the infomercials, but have no idea when they might be on. I always enjoy watching the Testimonials at the end of the workout tapes. Good reminder that there are lots of people out there who are seeing the rewards. Hopefully I'll run into the infomercial soon... does anyone at least have an idea of which channel and around what time?

Was bad last night and didn't do O! although I thought about it alot. Had a meeting to go to and then I had to do some work that I brought home with me. Tonight is free though - so maybe I'll double everything!

I'll tell you what though - something has to be working. While the scale shows me gaining, several people have commented that I look slimmer. M-O-T-I-V-A-T-I-O-N!

Got an idea from this book I was reading - to put a gold star on the calendar for every day I accomplish a daily goal. I think I'm going to do it for O! in February and have a reward at the end. HOpefully the visual will help.

Back to work...

------------------
Juliette
170/170/135
Old 01-31-2001, 01:01 PM   #18

Cold and cough...not able to Oxycise much right now!

I need spring!!!!!!!
Old 01-31-2001, 10:48 PM   #19

Good Morning!

I'm still sick ! No O! again! I have a hard time breathing and I'm coughing and sneezing typical cold.

MEME-It looks like we have the same thing! I'm sorry you aren't feeling well. Believe me I know how you feel! I hope you feel better soon !

Juliette-I hope you don't get sick too ! This is so miserable. And tonight is my late night at work so I'm sure by the time I get home all I'll want to do is go to bed. This is the third day I've missed O! I'm starting to feel guilty. If you can do some extra O! for me .

Where did everyone else go? Are you all sick too? Check in when you can. And stay away from the cold monster !

------------------
Rose
Old 02-01-2001, 10:57 AM   #20
Hang In There

Juliette, The gold stars do work. I use smiley faces. I have several color smiley faces and I color coordinate the ones I stick on my calander with the color of the jacket of the video I do ( yellow for level 1. etc) It doesn't really make me do more O, but it does look cute on my fride. I feel fine, but I'd better not say that too loud. Tomorrow starts a new month, is everyone ready for it?

------------------
Barbg
288/265/156
Old 02-02-2001, 03:50 AM   #21

Rose...hope you are feeling better. I'm quite a bit better and hopefully will be able to start back Oxycising...I may try tonight and see if I can do it without coughing!

I've had a hard time lately all the way around. Can't exercise because of my knee, can't Oxycise because of this crud/cold/flu/virus/whatever thing and haven't been able to stay focused on any kind of diet, either! The scale actually says I have gained a couple of pounds! But I'm hoping it is just water weight. Guess time will tell. But anyway, I'm back on track with eating and hopefully will be with exercise soon!

Hope you are all doing ok...

MEME
Old 02-02-2001, 10:42 PM   #22

Good Morning everyone!

MEME-Thanks for asking about me ! I am feeling much better today. I was going to do O! this morning but my head was still a little too stuffy so I figured I will do it on Saturday. I've really missed not doing it though. I'm glad you are feeling better too! I posted this on the other thread too but I took echinacea and I really believed it helped me to get rid of this cold quicker. It helps boost the immune system but if you are allergic to daisies you can't take it. Otherwise I would give it a shot and see if it works for you too!

Barbg-I think the rewards idea is a great one ! Whatever it takes to get the O! in we need to do. Way to go Barb!

Juliette-Congrats on looking better and feeling great! O! does that! I have the same thing happen to me to. As soon as I start Oeing again everyone comments on how thin I look especially in my face ! Of course I don't tell them my secret because most of them would look at me like I was crazy. Only a few close people have I told about O! because I knew they wouldn't laugh. Keep up the great job Juliette. You are doing great.

I'm hoping to finally get back to doing O! this weekend. My head was a little too stuffy this morning so I decided to wait another day. I've really missed it though. And it will feel so good to get back to doing O! every morning. Thanks for being here everybody !

------------------
Rose
Old 02-03-2001, 02:28 PM   #23

I thought I was the only one who felt that way about Oxycise...I'm afraid people will think, sure...that won't work! And make fun of it. So I just haven't told anyone but my family and some of them even gave me that little "smirk" when I told them about it! Oh well...their loss, my gain...or maybe it's their GAIN and my LOSS!

I'm doing much better...I'm so glad to finally be back on track with everything. I feel like I just might be able to get back to the business of losing weight. Do any of you have an exercise ball? I bought one tonight...hubby and I tried it out a little after we got home...it was sooooo funny! We were "rolling" all over the living room! I'm almost afraid to try using it when I'm home alone...afraid I'll be like the woman in the commercial: "I have fallen and I can't get up!" I also bought a Denise Austin Pilates/Yoga tape. Looks like I'm going to be able to do the first part of it...even with my bad knees...it is in two 20 minute segments. The second 20 minutes looks too hard, though.

I'm going to make cabbage beef soup tomorrow and try to learn some of the positions on that ball and do the first part of the new tape. I'm going to have to "ease" into them though. Just a little at a time! I don't want another set back!

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

MEME
Old 02-05-2001, 11:23 PM   #24

Hi Everyone!

I'm so happy to report I'm back on the O! wagon! I did my O! Saturday, Sunday and this morning. I'm feeling better already ! My nose is still a bit stuffy but I am managing to do O! Maybe not with the same amount of gusto I usually do it with but I'm still doing it!

MEME-I have Denise Austin's hourglass workout ball! It's shaped a little different from the round balls so it's not as hard to stay balanced on it. It's so great for stretching and doing your ab work ! You will love it. I usually will sit on mine while I watch TV and do some stretches. It really feels good. I've been wondering about Denise's yoga workout. It sounds great. I'm a big fan of hers. You can also do some O! breaths while you're on the ball too. It will double the benefits !

How is everyone else doing? I hope you all had an O! filled weekend. I heard that Jill was on QVC this morning but it was way too early for me to see her. She was on between 4 and 5 AM my time. I hope someone had a chance to see her! Take care everyone !

------------------
Rose

[This message has been edited by ras8779 (edited 02-05-2001).]
Old 02-06-2001, 12:22 AM   #25

Been awhile since I've been on... went out of town on business on Thursday, and of course didn't hae the VCR with me. BUT! I did bring the book and followed the positions in the back (L1) on Thursday night! Problem is that without the tape, I kept losing track of how many times I was breathing, but that's not necessarily a bad thing since I tended to do more than less.

Had planned to start that calendar this month, but unfortunatley, the 2-4th of Feb. will have no stars... Didn't get much sleep while away, so didn't have a lot of time/energy to do the exercises... Besides, when you do them without the tape they take much longer than 15 min!!!

But, I'm back on it today!

I've told several people about O! and nobody has looked at me funny. Although I'm looking forward to being more consistent so that the effects show more.

I hope everybody is feeling better!

Meme - let me know about the Pilates/Yoga tape. I've been doing a lot of Denise Austin too - she is one hyper chick - but her workouts are fun!

------------------
Juliette
170/170/135
Old 02-06-2001, 11:29 PM   #26

Good Morning everyone!

I did my L3 this morning. I'm starting to feel really good now. I'm so glad I can do O! again.

Juliette-It's always nice to read your posts ! Way to go on doing O! while on your business trip. That's great. I am so VCR dependent that I would be lost without the tape to follow but I do like doing the commuter tape in the car. It just helps me to have Jill helping me to keep my breathing timed. The commuter tape comes in handy when you don't have a VCR. I'm glad you are back !

I've decided to start a new program and see how it works. I read about it in Fitness Magazine (last months issue I believe) and it's called the Spark program. It's where you do 3 ten minute workouts through out the day for a total of 15 workouts per week. It seems like a good plan. Yesterday I did my Oxycise (which I think is the stretch protion of the program) then I did 10 minutes on the Orbitrek and a few hours later the Tae Bo 8 minute workout plus two minutes more on the Orbitrek. It felt really good. Today I do 1 stretch spark and two aerobic sparks and then tomorrow I do 1 aerobic spark and 1 strength training spark. If anyone else is interested let me know and I'll post more. I'm really anxious to see if this works. Maybe I'll stay more commited to exercise if I know it's for only 10 minutes at a time.

The good thing is I can still fit in my O! with this program. I'll let you know what my results are ! Of course O! will be in this program every day no matter what.

I hope everyone is doing well. We haven't heard from some of you in a while. Please find time to check in and tell us how you are doing ! What happened to Meg? I hope everything is okay. Check in! Claire where did you go? Barbg, it's been a while where are you? Alia, are you still out there? MEME, how are you doing? Susan R I know you are a busy lady I just wanted to say hi!

Okay I need to get back to work. I hope I see some posts on here today !

------------------
Rose
Old 02-08-2001, 05:42 AM   #27

Well, I actually O!d this morning. It was truly great I was able to do that, cause it's hard for me to do ANYTHING early in the day.

Walked the dog this afternoon. I have made a pact with myself to try to do that every day. I hope he enjoys it, although it doesn't keep him from licking my face during the floor exercises!

Hope more of you come back! Great to see you still hanging in there Rose!

Susan - saw your contribution to the O! Newsletter!!!! It was great!

Take care,

------------------
Juliette
170/170/135
Old 02-08-2001, 06:30 AM   #28

Thanks Juliette--I hadn't even had a chance to look at it until now--in fact I didn't even know I was in it!

Thanks for thinking of me, Rose--it has been TOO busy for me, really! Lots of stuff (some good , some bad ) going on in my life right now and I'm exhausted! I have hardly done Oxycise in the last week or so and I am so tired today that I am having a hard time talking myself into doing it tonight but I know it will help in the long run.

Gotta run! Catch up with y'all later!

Susan R.
Old 02-08-2001, 10:36 PM   #29

Good Morning everyone!

Juliette-It's hard for me to get up and do my workout in the morning but it's funny the more you do them the more you want to do them first thing ! It's just such a nice way to start your day. I feel so much better now that I do O! in the mornings. At least if I don't do anything else that day I know I've done something good for my body by giving it more oxygen. Keep up the great exercise and I'm sure your dog enjoys your walks together !

Susan R-I too enjoyed your piece in the newsletter. Very nice and so true! I hope all is well with the some "good and some bad" things going on in your life. If you need to talk I'm here ! Thanks for checking in with us and it is so true O! will really help with the stress and the tiredness. It has done wonders for me!

It's so good to be back doing O! in the mornings again. I really missed it when I was sick. And I really don't even miss the extra 15 minutes of sleep. In fact I feel more energetic since I've been doing O! in the mornings instead of sleeping in! Which reminds me I need to check to see when my free O! tape is coming. I asked for the abs/upper body and I'm anxious to get it. I hope you all are doing well and please check in when you can. What happened to all of our Oers? Where is everyone? Don't give up!

------------------
Rose
Old 02-09-2001, 07:34 AM   #30
Hang In There

Just wanted to let everyone know I'm still around and still doing some O. Not nearly as much as I'd like or need to, but doing some when I can

------------------
Barbg
288/265/156
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.