Does anyone go to Lifetime Fitness?

• I really need to incorporate exercise into my life. I've tried working out on my own. We have a treadmill at home but honestly, it can get extremely boring. It faces a wall and, well... I could do it for two days maybe three but stop due to boredom. I don't feel good about going out and running (maybe I'm just paranoid but I feel it isn't safe, where I live). So going to a gym is my best option since because I'll be paying for it, I'll want to go to get my money's worth... and then hopefully I'll want to go because I love it, not 'cuz I'm paying for it.

My friend goes to Lifetime Fitness and absolutely loves it. She asked if I would like to come along and see if I like it with a guest pass or free 7 day trial (they have it on their website right now). I guess I'm a little too self conscious. I'm just wondering if anyone's gone to those gyms and what they think about it. I know you can have different experiences with different locations... but still, the outline of the whole club seems to be similar everywhere.

How do you like it?
  • Hi Amber. I WORK at a LifeTime Fitness. I think you would like it. It's not a "meat market" type of gym, it's more family oriented, at least here in Utah. There are all sizes and shapes of folks that are members and I never feel any attitude from other people there. What's cool is that LTF is open 24 hours a day so if you want to go work out at 2 am when there might be two of you in the whole place you can do so. There are lots of machines, so if you want to hide in a corner you can, and there are lots of group fitness classes including water aerobics both morning and night.
    Not to mention that you get 2 hours free child care if you have little ones.

Try the 7 day pass and also watch for open house weekends when you can go for free. If you want a part time job, you get a free membership even if you only work one shift a week.

Have fun!
  • Thanks for the reply I'll definitely be going on Tuesday with her to check it out.