3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Fitness > Exercise!

Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Does anyone go to Lifetime Fitness?

Old 11-26-2008, 11:05 PM   #1

Default Does anyone go to Lifetime Fitness?

I really need to incorporate exercise into my life. I've tried working out on my own. We have a treadmill at home but honestly, it can get extremely boring. It faces a wall and, well... I could do it for two days maybe three but stop due to boredom. I don't feel good about going out and running (maybe I'm just paranoid but I feel it isn't safe, where I live). So going to a gym is my best option since because I'll be paying for it, I'll want to go to get my money's worth... and then hopefully I'll want to go because I love it, not 'cuz I'm paying for it.

My friend goes to Lifetime Fitness and absolutely loves it. She asked if I would like to come along and see if I like it with a guest pass or free 7 day trial (they have it on their website right now). I guess I'm a little too self conscious. I'm just wondering if anyone's gone to those gyms and what they think about it. I know you can have different experiences with different locations... but still, the outline of the whole club seems to be similar everywhere.

How do you like it?
AmberShimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 01:53 AM   #2
I'm not drunk, I have MS.

S/C/G: HW:250/SW:205.8/195.4/175

Height: 5'9" Apple Shape

Hi Amber. I WORK at a LifeTime Fitness. I think you would like it. It's not a "meat market" type of gym, it's more family oriented, at least here in Utah. There are all sizes and shapes of folks that are members and I never feel any attitude from other people there. What's cool is that LTF is open 24 hours a day so if you want to go work out at 2 am when there might be two of you in the whole place you can do so. There are lots of machines, so if you want to hide in a corner you can, and there are lots of group fitness classes including water aerobics both morning and night.
Not to mention that you get 2 hours free child care if you have little ones.

Try the 7 day pass and also watch for open house weekends when you can go for free. If you want a part time job, you get a free membership even if you only work one shift a week.

Have fun!
Old 11-27-2008, 08:39 AM   #3

Thanks for the reply I'll definitely be going on Tuesday with her to check it out.
AmberShimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.