Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 11-05-2008, 02:55 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 350/350/170

Height: 5'9"

Default my exercise idea, do you think it will work?

okay, so i have been doing (and loving) the walk away the pounds dvd. i do it (almost) every morning and even sometimes in the evening. i can't imagine that i won't eventually get sick of it to some degree or even that eventually i will need to do more to keep seeing results. it's made me start thinking and here is what i have come up with...

i would like to continue doing the watp in the mornings (whether it be the 30 min. walk/jog or 4 mile walk or whatever) and after the video doing a small amount of free weights, crunches, push ups, and leg exercises. then in the evenings starting to do a different video (tae-bo, 30 day shred, etc.). my plan is to do tae-bo for a month and then a different video the following month, etc.

my thought (and here is where your advice comes in) is that if i switch up the evening video each month it would keep my body from getting used to the same movements and i will continue seeing results. do you think it will work?
jmb1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 02:59 PM   #2  
One pound at a time!

S/C/G: 264/239/199

Height: 5'6"

Sounds like you are doing great! I think it is good to plan for some variety...helps keep you from getting bored, and forces your body to work harder when it has to learn something new.
bethbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 03:08 PM   #3  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Sounds like a great plan.

I love the watp videos and tae bo, I am currently on level 2 of the shred which is a tough exercise video and am definetly seeing results 2.4lbs & 2inches in the 10day level 1

Always remeber with all this exercise you want to do in a day you still could experirnce a burn out phase so go slow and good luck!
GONNABE165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 03:15 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 350/350/170

oh, i go in with the intent to do that much, it doesn't always happen, just sometimes. there are some mornings that sleeping in is better than getting up early and some evenings when i just run out of time. i have to tell myself (and type i guess) that i will do it that often just to make sure i get my body moving at least 3-4 mornings a week and 3-4 evenings. it's not always the same day and sometimes i skip complete days, i just have to say that i will do it that often. it's a mental game i play with myself
jmb1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 03:21 PM   #5  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Good you know what your doing then. The key is to get moving and as long as you do that you will be fine.
GONNABE165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 03:49 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 195/161/144

That sounds like a great idea!
Kofarq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 07:36 PM   #7  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

GREAT plan. Mine was/is a reverse. I do a pilates, yoga, balance ball, or weight routine in the morning and WATP or walking outside in the evening.

I gotta tell you that this was/is the PERFECT combination to lose and maintain. I feel fit, strong, healthy and I firmed muscles "from head to toe", as Leslie would say
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote