Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 10-17-2008, 07:33 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 176/176/135

Height: 5"1

Default Just had to say...

that last night (yeah last night) I walked a mile on my treadmill; it was a fast brisk and that was great for me...I watched the 70's show while I did it...I wanted to quit about 15 min into it..but I kept it up..

that is my biggest goal; to workout at LEAST walk/briskly on the treadmill at home. I do go outside the home to my TaeKwonDo class. I've done that for the last year. he is a 7th degree black belt, trained by the Koreans and does not take lightly to anyone skimping in his class...

he also turns the heat on in the class ugh! no break either; class is from 6pm to 730 pm..we are usually soaked to the bones in our uniform (long sleeve/long pants)..

avg class is at least 100 situps (sometimes if he's ticked that someone isnt doing it right; we have to keep doing them til they get them right)

about 50 leg lunges (knee 1/2 inch off of the floor; hold it then up)

at least 500 + TKDo style kicks,
15 min of sparring (fighting)

then other times; if he asks about class rules etc and we get them wrong; we have to do 10 pushups (the entire class)..so occasionally we have to knock out 20+ pushups (knuckle style nose touching floor)..
my prob is; that I only get there 2 times a wk, every other week..cause of my hubbys work schedule! he works 77 hrs in ONE week; then the opposite week he's home all of the time..

so, I guess there is NO reason for me to not go 3 times in that one week huh? Class is M, T, W(that is the dreaded "bad" night) and Friday...

I can go M,T and Fridays..but I end up going only twice...
then the wk I can't go, it seems I slack..

I need to find a babysitter to come over at least twice on the wk hubby works..that way I can get there at least twice that wk...and start going three times starting this upcoming Monday!!

Now..how can I find out how much calories etc I burned when I do go? is there a way to do that?
MarStevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 08:16 PM   #2  
=D

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarStevens View Post
Now..how can I find out how much calories etc I burned when I do go? is there a way to do that?

Congrats on the achievement! As far as calculating calories the best way is a heart rate monitor.
http://polar.fi/
http://polar.fi/en/products/accessories
Take your pic.

I did Taekwondo for 7 years (competing in sparring tournaments and taking classes)and I think it's a fantastic way to get/stay fit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarStevens View Post
..we are usually soaked to the bones in our uniform (long sleeve/long pants)..
Arrrgh! I know the frustration.
mazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 08:18 PM   #3  
needs constant reminding

S/C/G: 164/maintenance since 8/08

Height: 5'4"

Go Mar, go!
kittycat40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 08:47 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 204/188/120

Height: 5'4"

Holy Smokes, I'm on the elliptical for 30 minutes and I'm gasping for air like a fish out of water - Your an inspiration - Keep it UP!
chunckymonkey is offline   Reply With Quote