Wii Fit

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I'm curious if anyone is using the Wii Fit to get in shape and if its helping? I'm thinking of getting one.

Also anyone ever try the Tony Little's Gazelle? Have you lost weight with it?

Thanks!
  • I know quite a few people have a Wii Fit. I use it as an interesting diversion and don't really consider it part of my exercise plan. The yoga is nice and there are some good strength training exercises. The balance games are fun and they do help you get a sense of your balance and improve it. The cardio is interesting but too short for my liking (but you can do back to back cardios).
  • I use my WII Fit for fun...and I love it..helps with the balance...other than that I'm at the gym.
  • thanks!
    I wonder if it will be a good way to motivate me to get into exercise? I suffer from vertigo daily. So I was hoping that the Wii fit would be a good way to help me get balance back.
  • you should get one for sure you will like it alot
  • the wii fit will definitely help with your balance and posture! it monitors your balance and shows you how to use correct form. I think you can get a good workout from it if you put some sweat into it like any form of exercise - but it really is great fun!
  • thanks again!
    Now I just need to convince the hubby...lol
  • It is so funny that I found this thread today. My husband won one of these on Friday. I tried to talk him into selling it (cuze they are so pricey and all he needs is another excuse to do something when he should be doing something else) but I let him open it. O M G - it was halarious last night... These are great fun and you get some exercise out of them - alot when doing the olympic games, but I don't think this should be your only exercise....BUT, it is a great start!
  • I just want one to get me started. I hate exercising. The only thing i have found so far that I dont mind doing is yoga, but even that gets old when you do it alone.
    I tried the Wii Fit at my brothers house and I was sweating and out of breath after 20 mins!
  • OH yeah - Don't get me wrong, you will sweat with some of these games! I really dislike exercising too. I'm doing the Couch to 5K program and so far so good. I'm procrasting right now in doing day one of week 4 but the sooner I go do it the sooner I get to kick my husbands butt again at Wii Tennis! haha! If you can afford it, I say get one!
  • I really like the Wii fit. I got it a couple of months ago, and some of the balance games help me. I know that Jillian Michaels is coming out with a game for it, so that may be more of a workout DVD. It's a lot of fun!
  • ohhh Sassy! Do you know if it will be out by Christmas????
  • The Jillian 'game' is coming out next week. I have it on pre-order from amazon.
  • ohhhh!!! I'm so getting it....
  • I just saw the video on youtube. I got to get it!