Physical & Exercise

• I have no idea if this should be in exercise or general chatter, so I'll try here...

I have a physical scheduled for tomorrow at 8:30 so have to fast after midnight tonight. I typically work out in the AM, tomorrow is slated to be a 45 minute elliptical day with the possibility of 10 min ab video - should I skip tomorrow morning for the physical? I normally get up at 7, would have to get up at 6:30 to get in the exercise and get to the doctor on time (very close to my house). I can't exercise tomorrow night as we have DSS, so skipping the AM tomorrow means skipping the day completely.

I'm afraid I would be starving by the time I got done at the doctor for one thing, for the other, don't know if exercise right before the testing will have any kind of negative impact on any of the tests?
  • Hm. I personally would skip just because exercise will elevate your heart rate, among other things.

No hard data there, just what I would do if it were me.

I think one day skipped for a good cause should be ok.

• I'd skip it too... I personally don't do well on a fast, ugh, I hate to have those tests where you have to fast ... It sets me up for binging the rest of the day for some reason
  • So I did skip the exercise this morning, and I'm totally feeling the binge urge right now... I got an Orange Mango Vivanno from Starbucks on the way in to work, 100 calories and 15 grams of protein less than my normal breakfast... I'm an hour away from my lunch time and am starving to death... Trying not to binge...
  • Apple? Cheese stick? Anything good you can eat to stave off the binging craving?

Hang in there. You can do it.

• I have some almonds in my drawer and those snack size packs of mandarin oranges... I'm afraid the oranges would make me want to eat more, so I'm going to try a few almonds...