3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Exercise! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise-34/)
-   -   Exercise suggestions, please. (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise/152669-exercise-suggestions-please.html)

150reasons 09-28-2008 10:03 PM

Exercise suggestions, please.

I have been doing cardio regularly, and the Callanetics workout (ahem) not so regularly. What I really want to do is weight train. I don't have the money for a gym membership or trainer right now, and I don't have the space (or money) for a home gym. I was wondering if anyone knew of some good exercises involving just body weight that would give me results until such a time that I can get my steadily thinning behind into the gym. I am already doing push ups, crunches, and something for the behind but I just don't think it's enough. Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,
Michelle

dkneec19 09-28-2008 10:39 PM

the YOU on a diet has a great body resistance routine. This site shows a video of it which is great. YouOnaDiet Beginner It also has links to intermediate and advances. Also, if you just pick up a couple of 3-5lb weights from a store, you can easily find some beginner weight routines online.

PhotoChick 09-28-2008 11:50 PM

Body resistance exercises are great for building muscle.

Squats
Lunges
Stepups
Pushups
Tricep dips
Crunches (of all kinds)
Leg lifts

Also if you can pickup a swiss ball and a set of resistance bands - they're not expensive and don't take up a lot of room, but will give you a lot of flexibility in other things you can do.

150reasons 09-29-2008 11:20 PM

Thanks, ladies. Photochick, I picked up a Swiss ball today. I will get resistance bands next paycheck. The ball workout was tough! I loved it. Thanks again,
Michelle

PhotoChick 09-29-2008 11:24 PM

Yay. So glad you found something that works! :)

ddc 09-30-2008 08:26 AM

If you can get some 5 lb dumbbells you can do a weighted workout at home.
Here are some basic exercises:

squats
dead lifts
calf raises
bench press (use your ball as the bench)
military press
one arm rows
bicep curls
tricep kikckbacks
crunches (use your ball again )

That should hit all of the major muscle groups.
3 sets of 10 reps each.

You can do all those with resistance bands also. (I prefer dumbbells myself).

Good luck :)

150reasons 09-30-2008 02:57 PM

Good idea, DDC. I am actually saving for an adjustable dumb bell set. I know five pounds is not going to be a workout for very long. Thanks.

150reasons 10-05-2008 11:22 PM

All right. I have been working out with the Swiss ball, my own body weight, and (don't laugh) gallon water jugs (okay laugh, I think it's funny too!) I am sore. I love it. Thanks again for your suggestions, ladies.

PhotoChick 10-05-2008 11:45 PM

Hey gallon water jugs rock! :) Good for you!!!