3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Exercise! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise-34/)
-   -   Tae -bo anyone?? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise/15217-tae-bo-anyone.html)

JudyMH 05-01-2002 11:45 PM

Hi Sherri, If you don't mind my butting in, I just wanted to say that you should exercise at a level comfortable for you. My all time favorite fitness person has always said to modify so you are exercising at your fitness level. It sounds like good advice, so that is what I do and it seems to work out. It's good you can get your kids involved, my grandsons don't know what they think of grandma exercising like that. So if you can involve them you should. Keep up the good work, Judy

JudyMH 05-02-2002 12:00 AM

Hi Latisia, I finally got my Tae Bo tapes. I looked at them today, but wont do them until tomorrow. They look challenging, but I know if I work with them I will get the hang of it. I think a low fat diet is the way to do it. I went on McDougal diet for awhile. It did good, but I wasn't able to stick with it. Good to hear from you and I will let you know how I do with the Tae Bo tapes, Judy

kcsmom9 05-02-2002 10:14 AM

I LOve Tae Bo

I do tae bo at least twice aweek with my other workouts. I love the basic and advanced workouts. My son has the tae bo for kids video and it's a good workout for me too. Ican't wait to get the new tapes.

Tigerlily 05-02-2002 11:59 AM

Hi. Are you gals doing the Tae Bo Live or Tae Bo Original? I like the style of the kids tae bo. It's relaxed and casual in a way. The Original that I checked out from the library...well, it was hard to look past his leotard. I guess I'm more of a tshirt and shorts kinda gal. :)
Has anyone signed up for the inspirational email from the Tae Bo web site?
I sure do hope I can loose some pounds and shape up doing this. I'll hardly be ready for shorts, but some cute capris would be nice!

JudyMH 05-02-2002 05:31 PM

Hi to both of you and welcome. I just got thru doing Tae Bo 2 since the boys were asleep. The baby didn't sleep very long and Bruce is still sleeping. It was quite a work out, but I'll get use to it. You are both wise to start out on the kids video and work up from there. Especially since you are able to involve the kids. I always have to take the difficult road. Tomorrow is my running day so I won't do Tae Bo again until Saturday. Then Sunday I take the day off. I also walk six days a week, mostly for my hubby. I also try to do weights a couple days a week, some weeks are better then others. Keep up the good work and keep us posted on your progress. ((In Health)) Judy

t-girl 05-02-2002 11:07 PM

Hey everyone! Glad to see all the posting!! Welcome, ksmom!! I agree with what Judy is saying start with what works, and build yourself up gradually. You dont want to over exert or exhaust your body, so you ladies are on the right track!! Once you can get past those double times easier, then you probably should move up.. Just take your time enjoy the workout, the benefits will come!!
Ksmom hello, how long have you been doing the tae bo, ?? when do you plan to get the new tapes, sounds great that you are doing it consistently!!

I do tae bo original, on tae bo 2, like Judy, basic, It is challenging Judy, but it really motivates me to just do it, and do more, and improve each time!! I cant wait until you do the other tape too!! It is quite a workout, Tommorrow, I will walk, then do tae bo again.. I was thinking of signing for the inspirational e mail have you?? Well I will post my progress tommorrow, and hope youall do the same!! Stay motivated!! We can do this.

Latisia

JudyMH 05-04-2002 01:47 PM

Hi all, Can you believe the weekend is finally here. I only got about 3 hours of sleep last night but got up my usual time and ran. I couldn't get into it but did it anyway with less enthusiasm. Wouldn't it be wonderful if there was a magic fitness pill that a person could take on the days we just don't feel like it(ha ha). Yesterday was my Tae Bo day. I did pretty well but modified it to fit my level. Form is everything, so I made sure my form was correct. How are you doing Ellis? Haven't heard from you in a while. Went to a garage sale today, and the lady was selling all her fitness tapes and records. I asked her about it, and she said she wasn't going to be doing anything like that anymore, that she had her fitness level to where she was comfortable with it and didn't think she had to exercise anymore. Poor misinformed person, she doesn't realize that after a month she will notice the difference. Less then that probably. Hope everything is going well with everyone else, will keep you posted on my progress. ((In Health)) Judy

t-girl 05-04-2002 03:58 PM

Hey Judy, you did pretty good though, running after very little sleep, that was a good start. That person selling all her workout tapes really doesnt know!! She will regret that soon like you said,, . Well , I have l ost another 1.5 pounds, but had a busy day with my son teething and friend popping by , so I missed my workouts, going to do it today..tae bo and weights, then walk tomorrow.. Hope all is well, and yes, form is Everything Judy, I agree with you on that, esp with tae bo!!

Latisia

bubble gum 05-05-2002 12:18 AM

;)

Hey, everyone. I'm glad to see that there is a tye-bo site. I was doing the tapes sporadically. But now I have lost a lot of motivation to do any type of exercise. How do you guys motivate to do the tapes on a regular basis?

:dizzy:

If you have any motivational advice . . . let me know. Thanks.

Stacy
:^:

t-girl 05-05-2002 02:49 PM

hey stacy, and welcome! I will tellyou what motivates me, (i havent been doing it lately til today.. I post this picture on my fridge, and look at it when i am lacking, also i take my army out and shake it, I did that today!! well and just thinking of where i was, and where i am now mativates me. Imms kick this tae bo in the butt today , been slacking a few days, but no more,, hope this helps you, and also how much you got to lose, what tapes do you have?? look for ward to hearing from u!!

Latisia

JudyMH 05-05-2002 09:16 PM

hi Stacey and Latisia, You are right on Latisia she is going to regret he decision soon. Fitness is a life long commitment, just like watching what you eat they go hand in hand. Today was my lazy day and tomorrow it is back at it. Monday is running, and Tuesday is Tae Bo and weights. 1.5 pounds lost is impressive Latisia, keep up the good work. You know Stacey I'm not sure what keeps me motivated, but I keep at it. Lately my enthusiasm has been sliding, but eveyone is so positive, and doing such a great job it re inspires me. I think being able to talk to all of you helps a lot, as I don't get much support at home. I made a commitment to myself to follow thru with it this time, and it has made all the difference in the world. Just keep up the good work and keep us posted on your progress. Judy

t-girl 05-06-2002 01:10 AM

Ok did it, and i am on a roll. Tae bo is great! ifeel so much better,, and i am doing good again, Hey judy , I do hope this thread inspires you, and everyone!! that is the goal , you keep up the work too, and stay postive,, we will do this

Latisia

JudyMH 05-06-2002 11:46 AM

Hi everyone, how are you doing on this Monday morning. Good job Latisia, working out does make you feel better. Today was my running day. Never take aspirin before a run, I did and almost lost my cookies. I won't do that again. Tomorrow is my Tae Bo and weights day. I just keep doing one workout at a time, it gets me thru. Hope everyone else is doing good, keep us posted on your progress. ((In Health)) Judy the roadrunner

t-girl 05-06-2002 02:23 PM

Hey Judy, sounds like you are on a roll! that is great!! I did my walk this morning, and decided to extend it out a block, it was so nice today too. I am op, feeling good, not gonna take any breaks like last week!! I hope everyone is doing well today, and will continue!! Talk to you al later.

Latisia

t-girl 05-07-2002 03:59 PM

How is everyone, just wanted to let you all know i got my sweat on with tae bo, it was great!! I am gonna lift weights later!! Gotta do it, tty.l Keep me informed!! dont give up, exercise is such a great motivator!!

Latisia