Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2002, 10:17 PM   #121  

Good Evening Ladies

After work I took my dog to the vet. He's having some skin problems (dry skin), & i wanted to get him checked again. Anyway, when we were there I went ahead & weighted him. He has gained 5 lbs since November... Ok... he normally weights 33-35 lbs. which is not much, but he now weights 41 lbs. I thought to myself... ok...it's bad enough i'm overweight,... but shame on me for giving him to many treats. I told the vet that in the winter months we stopped walking (too cold, to dark etc. too many excuses...) anyway I told the vet we are starting our routine of walking again. So tonight I walked 2 miles, he walked 1. Tomorrow is my weight in.. kinda of nervous... I feel like I have been eating well, but today I had some popcorn & I know there was way too much salt on it... So i'm trying to drink lots of water..I'm also trying to eat more veggies.

Mooz - Your so lucky that your leader does not charge. Our charges if you miss unless your in the hospital. WAY TO GO ON your 4 mile walk & your linedancing. Keep that up and you'll see the pounds just melt away...

T-girl - I'm going to to the Tae-bo in the morning.

Semo, Lauri, Jen & Billiesrosie - Hope you all are staying focused, drinking that H20 & moving..
Old 05-02-2002, 09:55 AM   #122  

hi girls!! Sorry I've been incognito LOL!! The move went smoothly for us, but half the people who came in to the office were pissed that we had moved, but having mad patients is not anything new.
I am stressed, I don't like to be verbally abused, and some days I bite back, but in a subtle way, so ignorant people don't catch it.
Anyway... the running helps. I am following the couch to 5k plan at kicksports.com and I am on week 3. Thanks for your support. Today is a workout day. Tuesday I went to the gym on my lunch hour. I will do the same today. It seemed to work out, plus it helps work off the stress.
SEMO, I am hip about not having to answer the phones. Our phones ring nonstop from 8-5, literally. When I get home the LAST thing I want to do is talk on the phone.
1 day, I hope you are feeling better sweetie. Sinus infections are horrid.
One of the new girls at work called in yesterday because her daugher has strep throat, then the woman brings her daughter in to the OFFICE to pick up her paycheck. HELLO!!!!!! To an office full of pregnant women?
Gosh, sorry I'm being so nasty. People have been irritating me a lot lately.
Oh, here's some good stuff: my 8th grade son is playing his guitar in the talent show tonight at school. He will be playing Our National Anthem. I am so proud!! I will probably bawl and embarrass him half to death LOL!! (I always get choked up when that plays, even before 9/11.)
talk to you guys later!!
Maybe I will up my Paxil for awhile until we get settled down in our new office.
luv ya
lauri
Old 05-02-2002, 02:54 PM   #123  

Hi girls, internet has been down all morning so I'm just getting here.
Lauri, you tickle me.... I have to tell this joke, (it's funnier when you hear my southern draw) There were these two Southern gals setting on the porch swing drinking tea, one quite wealthy and the other quite poor.
The weathly gal says "after the birth of my first child my husband bought me a new car"
Poor Southern Gal said "How nice"
Wealthy Southern Gal says....."after the birth of my second child my husband bought me a new house"
Poor Southern says "How Nice"
Wealthy Gal....."after the birth of my third child my husband hired me a full time nanny"
Poor Gal "HOW NICE"
Wealth Gal....."What did you husband do for you after the birth of your child?
Then the poor Southern gal says (are you ready) " He sent me to charm school...... that's where they taught me to say HOW NICE instead of f@@k you!
I use "how nice" quite often......... Hope that's not too "off colored" for you all. (in my sweetest southern accent)

Well girls I'm leaving here shortly going to my son's, they probably won't have the internet hooked up yet so I'll talk to you on Monday. BTW, I'm doing well on the eating...hope I don't blow it while I'm gone, Nashville has sooooo many good places to eat.

Hugs to all you great gals.
Old 05-02-2002, 06:07 PM   #124  

Good Afternoon ladies

We'll I had my weight in today... and I gained .2 lbs but i'm not going to let that bother me, cause i know that meds can sometimes effect things, also since i was sick. Anway I'm OP today... drank my water... & get this... Got up at 5:15am to do my Tae-bo & felt really good afterwords... we'll my body didn't but my head does.

Semo - Luv the joke..., Have a great trip... drink lots of water..

Lauri - I cry to when i heard the National Anthem... just thinking the words make cry... I'm sure your son will be proud/embarrased at the same time... more than likely he'll just ignore you(LOL)... running sure helps with stress, so definitely keep that up... besides the paxil...

we'll i need to run...

T-girl, jen, billierosie, & Mooz - hope you all are having a good day..
Old 05-02-2002, 10:57 PM   #125  

Hey everyone checking in before I go to bed. Patty, I am glad you took out the tae bo, isnt it just great??to me, it gives instant results!! I love it!! Lauri, I do agree that the national anthem is a song of honor, instruments are great to know how to play too!! Hey well I stayed op, and doing pretty good. weigh in , in another day.. hmm?? Well talk to you all later.. Patty, you are doing well!!

Latisia
Old 05-03-2002, 04:31 AM   #126  
Mooz

GOOD MORNING CHICKS!!

It is a beautiful morning here today. I am OP and I walked 6 miles yesterday and went linedancing for 2 hours.

Patty - good for you and your doggie for getting some walking in!!

Lauri - Hope the running eased your stress!! Well did you cry when your son played the National Anthem? I would too!!

Semo - Good joke

Don't worry most of us have probably heard a lot worse than that!!

T-girl - I still intend to start back on the Tae Bo - hopefully on Monday as my two university kids are home at the weekend and I like the house free when I do it!!

To everyone else have a good OP day

TAke Care All

Anne

[SIZE=4][FONT=arial][COLOR=orange][B][U]
GO AHEAD AND LIVE

Go ahead and live this day that is made for you. Stop waiting for things to get better, stop wishing everything was perfect, and simply live the fullness and richness of what is.
You could think of a hundred good reasons not to venture out, a hundred excuses just to hunker down and hide from the world. And yet all those many excuses and rationalizations are outweighed by the fact that this is a most precious and irreplaceable day of your precious and irreplaceable life.

Think of the very best day you've ever experienced, then imagine it ten times better, and you'll have a glimpse of the very real possibilities for your life on this very day. No circumstance is powerful enough to hold you back when you choose to make the most of the life you've been given.

You have the extremely good fortune to be blessed with this day, a day overflowing with great possibilities. Turn away from those insidious thoughts which seek to limit you, and turn toward the life you truly desire to live.

This day, this moment, is filled with challenge, with possibility, with the opportunity to live it, and what could be better than that?

-- Ralph Marston

Last edited by mooz49; 05-03-2002 at 04:36 AM.
Old 05-03-2002, 09:16 AM   #127  

SEMO! THat was hysterical!!! I am from Indiana and have a bit of a drawl myself One of the docs says he likes the way I make the word "doctor" sound like "a@@hole" LOL (sorry ladies) I told him since I am from the midwest I can do that with "ma'am" and "sir" too ROFL!!!
What about this joke:
Southern woman at a fancy Yankee party: "Where are y'all from?"
Snobby Yankee: "I'm from a place where we don't end our sentences with prepositions."
Southern woman, "oh, I'm sorry. Where are y'all from, b**ch?"

Ok, SEMO and I will behave now!
I feel better today. Yesterday I did my training run and I was really ON! My program for this week is to run for 90 seconds, walk for 90 seconds, twice, then run 3 min and walk 3 min, twice. And I did it!!!!!! Three minutes doesn't seem like much, but it truly is.
When I ran over the line I pretended i was winning the Boston Marathon LOL!!!
I guess I'd better put some clothes on for work. Frankly I'd rather go in my pj's. LOL!
Talk to you all later!
Lauri
PS Thanks for making me laugh and feel better.
Old 05-03-2002, 09:55 AM   #128  

Good Morning Ladies -

Last night I walked 2.5 miles.., and this morning I was up again at 5:15 for some tae-bo. Just 2 days & I can feel it... I'm also doing some stomach crunches...we'll with one of thos ab-doer... Had one sitting in the corner, just collecting clothes.. I was OP yesterday & drank over 88 oz of water... The weekend will be hard... I seem to be a couch potatoe on weekends... But not this one... I plan to do something each day...

Mooz - WAY TO GO on your 6 mile walk... and 2 hrs of linedancing... YOU GO GIRL... I just love to dance, I"m not any good, but I just luv it.. Hey my dog is learning to stay away from me when I do the tae-bo... this morning he was runnning around with me... and I was doing a back kick...and he got in the way.. hopefully he learned his lesson

Lauri - I sure wish we could be there when you do cross the line...we'd we yelling & cheering for you. I have never been able to run, my knee always gives out...Sounds like your on your way.. YOU GO GIRL..

T-girl - Have another great OP day...

Oh, Mooz that for the inspiration poem... I really love to read those, I also copy & paste and send to some of my Ww friends... & Lauri - luv the joke...When I was young I lived in Nashville, & I kinda have a country accent.

Hope everyone has a great day...
Old 05-03-2002, 10:00 AM   #129  

cheese!! I almost forgot, I was laughing so hard at SEMO.

I have never been more proud of my son!!! He played the National Anthem flawlessly and when he was done, there was not a dry eye in the house!! :-)
All of the talent show acts were really good. I was impressed with our young people. (usually they drive me crazy!) LOL
see you guys later!
TGIF
lauri
Old 05-04-2002, 01:09 AM   #130  

Just popping in before I go to bed, everyone, stay op, and motivated!! I am tired, but wanted to see how everyone has been today! I am op , will post weight tomorrow.Patty you are on a roll girl!! Doing good, keep it up!! Mooz I am glad to hear that you plan to do tae bo again!! I love it, it is addictive,, Well goodnight everyone, and I will talk to you later!!

latisia
Old 05-04-2002, 08:42 AM   #131  

Good morning all!!! It is Saturday and sunny!! It is supposed to be a nice day today with no wind!!!! yeeehawwww!!!
Today is grocery day for us, so I need to make my list.
I also have to go to Sam's Club (which I love!!) I could spend all day in that place. Errands, errands, errands.
Hope everyone has a good weekend!!
lauri
Old 05-04-2002, 12:24 PM   #132  
Mooz

GOOD EVENING CHICKS!!

Can't stop long as I have to go and make the tea!

I was away shopping with my two girls all day and I am going out linedancing later on. I did not get walking today but I walked 7 miles yesterday. I was good today and had a chicken salad for lunch. Wil call in tomorrow sometime.

Take Care all

Anne

[SIZE=4][FONT=arial][COLOR=orange][B][U]
YOUR BEST THOUGHTS
The thought comes to you of who you can be, of what you can accomplish, of how you can live. Put that thought where it can grow, where it can become strong, where it can be made real.
What is this day for if not for living true to the highest and best of your possibilities? Now is the moment in which your most treasured dreams have the opportunity to be made real.

Everywhere you go, everything you have and become begins with a thought. So give the very best of those thoughts the room and the energy and the action to grow.

Don't discard your best thoughts, or hide them or bury them. Give them life, give them time, give them passion. Respect and appreciate those thoughts. They're yours for a reason. Take the best of them and use your life to make them happen.

-- Ralph Marston

Last edited by mooz49; 05-04-2002 at 12:27 PM.
Old 05-04-2002, 04:00 PM   #133  

I'm in a rush too here is how my week went, lost 1.5 pounds, feel pretty good because size 18 is now loose!! yes!! I am going to work even harder now, got tae bo and weight cuz i missed out on tae bo yesterday!! son is teething and all!! well talk to youall later!!\

Latisi
Old 05-04-2002, 10:41 PM   #134  

Good Evening Ladies -

It's been a busy day. I went looking at kennels most of the morning. I'm planning on kenneling my dog in July & I wanted to check some out. I have stayed OP today but I have not drank all my water. It's so much easier during the week when I have that water bottle on my desk. As far as exercise, I have only gotten 1 mile in, that was walking my dog. If i don't do tae-bo toight, then I'll have to work harder tomorrow.

T-girl - WAY TO GO ON YOUR 1.5 LOSS...

Mooz - 7 miles... Wow, that is alot of miles. Do you do that all at once, or do you break it up?

Lauri - Tomorrow is my grocery shopping day. I'm trying to work off a grocery list, that way I don't put the cookies, or unneeded items in.

Talk to you all tomorrow...
Old 05-05-2002, 12:10 AM   #135  

Wink

Hey, guys. I was wondering if it was o.k. for me to join your group? I would love to have a way to discuss my successess and failures re: exercising with other people.

Lately I have been in an exercising rut. My goal is to get going tomorrow. It's kinda late tonight to start. (It's midnight.) Anyway, long story, short -- I have usually been thin, but now something just cracked (well, i cracked), and I cannot follow a diet or get my behind to the gym. I used to work out all the time and watch what I ate. I even had a life!!! But over the past year and a half, I just feel like I cannot get enough to eat and that working-out is the last thing on my mind. In one year and 1/2, I have gained 70 lbs!!!! It's horrible! I used to be pretty and thin and (sorta happy). Now I am just fat, lazy, and ugly!

So, anyway, I would love to be able to chat with others who are challenging themselves to work-out.

Stacy
Closed Thread