Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2002, 12:23 PM   #46  

I'm here, just late getting to post, but thanks for missing me. Let me see, I'll describe myself....I'm 6 feet tall, weigh 130 pounds and have long black hair....... That is so... NOT me.... Oh I forgot to say that I was a comedian sometime in my past life.
Okay, I don't wanna but I'll update my profile.

Worked with weights again last night, went to Wally World and bouth the new ones. Amazing what adding couple of pounds makes, I hope to seen some results much faster now.

Have a great day!
Old 04-16-2002, 02:35 PM   #47  

Smile tae bo 2

hey everyone, I didnt go to his website. Was thinking of running to the store, where I saw it, and checking it out, did his basic today. i am going to go there though. I will kepp you all posted..

take care,

stay strong!!

latisia
Old 04-16-2002, 03:39 PM   #48  
Mooz

Hi Girls.
So after all that walking I did I went to WW and I put on 1 pound.

Lauri - Sorry I didn't mean to be bossy. You are doing well on the running - soon you will be addicted to it and the pounds will drop off.

Patty - Sorry to hear you are not feeling that well. Did you say that it is IBS that you have? I have a friend who has it and she says that spicey food triggers it off with her. She also said that she went to a kinesiologist who told her that foods with the additive monosodium glutamate could trigger it. I have inserted this hyperlink which mentions this.

http://www.health.com/health/wynks/I...AL/causes.html

T-girl - you are doing well on the exercises.

Semo - I suppose you think I am being bossy too - sorry. Good for you sticking to your weights.

Taz, Jen and Billiesrosie - hope you are doing well.

Will call later

Anne

Last edited by mooz49; 04-16-2002 at 03:41 PM.
Old 04-16-2002, 07:15 PM   #49  

hi ladys, i lost my mind today and went to the woods with my mom to hunt those wonderful mushrooms!!!! the day started out nice we drove 20 miles to her (spot),mine is much closer,took her old junk car (she calls it he mushroom car) went to park slowed down car quite,WOULD NOT START!!! i said lets go in the woods we will worry about it when we are done,4 hours later and 500 hills 3 creeks(i might add that i feel in the first one,slid down the muddy hill on the second one)by 3 i was a pro!!!crawled through every brier patch in the woods ,we found 14 mushrooms(14)when we got back to car ,still wouldnt start but a nice stranger gave us a ride home,i was all covered in mud i cant belive he stoped after seeing me. i have done good on my diet today(to tired to eat)lol.
Old 04-16-2002, 08:08 PM   #50  

Default P.S.

i forgot to add,that when we got back to mothers no house key,it was in side on the counter,had to open the door with a credit card ,ofcorse we did not have one had to find a friend to get in,we had a great day!!!tami
Old 04-16-2002, 08:55 PM   #51  

Default for mooz

Mooz-honey, I hope you know I was only teasing you... sometimes we all need butt whuppings to get in gear, right ladies?
More later,
lauri
Old 04-16-2002, 11:48 PM   #52  

Default not yet..

My son was not well very cranky/ teething didnt get the tape yet ,but I will!! Cant wait to try it out. talk to ya later..

Latisia
Old 04-17-2002, 04:51 AM   #53  
Mooz

[SIZE=4][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=darkblue][B][I]

GOOD MORNING GIRLS!!!

The weather is wet and miserable here in Ireland and I must 'pick myself up, dust myself down and start all over again'

Patty - Hope you are feeling better today - we are all thinking about you and you will overcome this.

Lauri- Keep on running and you will get there

Billiesrosie - it sounds like you had a fantastic day and one that you will definately remember.

T-girl - hope your baby is in better form today and you can get doing your exercises although I'm sure he keeps you on your toes

Semo, Taz, Jen - Hi to you all!!

Will call later.

Anne
Old 04-17-2002, 09:30 AM   #54  

Hi girls and a happy hump day. This week is flying by for me.

Mooz, We love ya girlfriend, and no way did I think you were being bossy, I just didn't want to put my weight down in black 'n white.

Billie, your story reminds me of an outing that my mother and I took years ago (She passed away when I was only 20) We were looking for dewberries (grow wild in this area) she stuck a can of Off (insect repellent) inside her waistband and when she would bend over it would make a hissing sound. Well she thought it was a snake and would take a couple of big steps and look all around then bend over to pick the berries again. Again and again I would see her take quick steps and look around. Finally I asked what was wrong and when she told me and we figured out it was the spray can. We laughed and laughed and for years we talked about the killer snake that stalking my Mom. Your day will always be a memory for you I'm sure.

I'm taking it easy on the exercise for a couple of days except for arms, I think that a vein has broken in the calf of my left leg. It feels as if little needles are sticking in this spot. I looked at it last night and it didn't look any different. I've got an ace banage wrapped on it today and it feels better. Anyone ever had this happen? I've noticed that my vercoise veins have gotten worst in the last year. Don't know if it's just age, exercise or they stick out more because my legs are smaller?

Well I've been on here too long and better get to work. Chow.
Old 04-17-2002, 02:02 PM   #55  
Mooz

Hi girls. Hope all is well with you.
Semo - What a funny story
I have never had what you describe on your leg but I do have varicose veins which I would be aware of at times. I don't know what would make them worse - do you stand in one place a lot?

WHERE IS EVERYONE?

I have been for a 2 mile walk this morning and will be going for another tonight before I go to linedancing.

Take Care all

Anne
Old 04-17-2002, 10:58 PM   #56  

Good Evening Ladies
I didn't get a chance to post yesterday, was busy at work, then last night we had some terrible storms & tornadoes. I got lots of rain & a lightning storm. Today was another busy day at work. Tomorrow I go for what i'm hoping to be my final medical test. I'm having a upper GI done & some other stuff, to rule out uclers. From what they can tell, or can't tell it does look like i have IBS, it doesn't keep me from eating though. Tonight I went shopping & was trying on cloths (ugh).. & I've have got to get my a$$ in gear. I'm am not buying bigger cloths. ok.. enough about me...

Semo - Great story... those memories will be with you for a lifetime. I'm don't know anything about the vein thing, just keep an eye out on it.

T-girl - I hope your son is feeling better. Where do you live? I work in Dallas..

Billiesrosie - Ok girl... now what is this, taking rides from strangers.. Didn't your mom teach you better. Oh, your mom was with ya...

Mooz - I'm so sorry to hear about the 1 lb gain, it's probably muscle, so don't worry about it. With all the walking your doing, it's going to come off... & thanks for the info on IBS. I've been reading up on it. The bad thing about it, something might bother you one day and the next it doesn't.

Lauri - how is the running coming along?

Jen - hope your doing ok.

we'll it time to hit the sack. talk to you all tomorrow
Old 04-18-2002, 12:49 AM   #57  

today went alot smoother, but time consuming yet, the ac should be fixed tomorrow, it is burining up!! Oh yes, he keeps me on my toes for sure. his teeth are almost in.

I decided to wait until next week to start tae bo 2, Make a clean fresh start.

Had a good day eating wise, hope you all did too..

Talk to you later. Good night
Old 04-18-2002, 03:05 AM   #58  
Mooz

GOOD MORNING CHICKS!!
It not a good morning as far as the weather goes here in Ireland as it has been raining since yesterday morning.

Hope everyone is keeping well, exercising and eating healthy!!!

Patty - all the best with your last medical test today.

THOUGHTS ON EXERCISE
I have to exercise early in the morning
before my brain figures out what I'm doing.

My grandmother started walking five miles
a day when she was 60. Now she's 97 years
old and we don't know where the **** she is.

I have flabby thighs, but fortunately
my stomach covers them.

The only reason I would take up exercising
is so that I could hear heavy breathing again.

I joined a health club last year, spent about
400 bucks. Haven't lost a pound. Apparently
you have to show up.

I like long walks, especially when they are
taken by people who annoy me.

The advantage of exercising every day
is that you die healthier.

I don't exercise at all. If God meant us to touch our
toes, he would have put them further up our body.

If you are going to try cross-country
skiing, start with a small country.

Take Care All

Anne
Old 04-18-2002, 08:14 AM   #59  
Mooz

[SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=darkblue][B][I]
HOW DRINKING 8 GLASSES OF WATER KEEPS FAT AWAY

Do you know that you are 60% to 70% water? Since most of your body is water, we need lots of fresh water every day to stay healthy. Every function in your body takes place in water. It is the solvent that removes the nutrients, hormones, antibodies and oxygen through your blood stream and lymphetic system. Water is also necessary to move the waste out of your body. If you are not drinking enough water, your body has to recycle dirty water and every metabolic function in your body does not work as efficiently.

Water Loss

Adults lose nearly two to three quarts (12 cups) of water every day! We lose one half cup to one cup a day from the soles of our feet. Another two to four cups are lost from breathing. Perspiration accounts for another two cups. Another three pints (six cups) are lost in urine. Urine output decreases and becomes very concentrated when you don't take in enough water. Since there is no way for your body to store water, it sets up a priority system for the amount that has been made available by intake. When you are dehydrated, your body rations and recylces water. All water losing functions are reduced. Toxic waste are dumped into tissues, fat, joints and muscles instead being eliminated.

Your Lungs

Your lung tissue are moistened by water as they take in oxygen and excrete carbon dioxide and hydrogen. Allergies and asthmatic symptoms may be a sign of not drinking enough water. When you increase your water intake these symptoms may lessen.

Body Temperature

Water is your body's coolant regulating your body temperature through perspiration. Sweating keeps you from overheating, especially during exercise and hot weather. It's also important to remember that your body needs as much water in cold weather as it does in hot weather. Heat exhaustion can occur when your body doesn't have enough water to regulate your body temperature. Symptoms include excessive perspiration, dizziness, fatigue, headache, nausea and vomiting. As little as 3% water loss results in serious health problems. A 15% water loss can result in death.

Your Brain

Your brain is about 90% water. Although the brain is only 1/50th of the body weight. It uses 1/20th of the blood supply. Water is an important key to concentration. When your body is well hydrated, you will notice an increase clarity in thinking. With less water the level of energy generation in the brain is decreased. Depression, headaches, memory loss and chronic fatigue syndrome are frequent symtoms of dehydration.

Your Heart

Your heart is 75% water and your blood is 85% water. Good hydration increases the efficiency of your cardiovascular system. Hardening of the arteries, high blood pressure and cholesterol may all be lowered by an increase in water consumption.

Your Kidneys

Your kidneys are constantly filtering your blood, concentrating waste and sending them out into your urine. When there isn't enough water, your kidneys have to recycle dirty water as they work to remove waste from your body. Overtime dehydration can damage your kidneys permanently. When the kidneys don't have enough water to function well, the liver takes over some of the kidney's work, decreasing it's ability to convert stored fat and energy, which can result in weight gain. As you drink more, your bladder will become hypersensitive and you'll be making frequent trips to the bathroom. As your body adjusts, you'll urinate less often and in larger amounts.

Your Digestive System

Food needs water to properly digest. Water carries nutrients to the cells through the blood, increasing your water intake tends to reduce the symtoms of heartburn, acid stomach, gastritis and constipation. Chronic dehydration may result in weight gain, poor muscle tone, including size and water retention. Water is essential to any weight loss plan. For every 25 pounds that you exceed your body weight you should increase your water consumption by one eight ounce glass.

Your Joints

Your bones are 22% water, your muscles are 75% water. Water lubricates your joints and allows you to move freely. The connective tissue around your joints needs plenty of water to maintain its elasticity and allow ease of movement. When the cartilage is well hydrated, the two opposing surfaces glide freely and friction damage is minimal. Increasing the amount of water that you drink may relieve arthritic pain.

Your Back

The vertebrate in your back depend upon the hydraulic properties of water in order to move. The water stored in the spinal disc core supports 75% of the upper body weight, the fibrous materials around the disc support 25%. Back pain is a common symptom of dehydration. Drinking plenty of water will frequently decrease pain. Water also washes the harmful waste from muscle tissue, the actual cause of the pain associated with dehydration.

Keeping Fat Away

Incredible as it may seem, water is quite possibly the single most important catalyst on losing weight and keeping it off. Although most of us take it for granted, water may be the only true "impressive fluid" for permanent weight loss.

Water suppresses the appetite and helps the body metabolize stored fat. Studies have shown that a decrease in water intake will cause fat deposits to increase, while an increase in water intake can actually reduce fat deposits.

Here's why: The kidneys can't function properly without enough water.When they don't work to capacity. some of their load is dumped into the liver.

One of the liver's primary functions is to metabolize stored fat into usable energy for the body. But, if the liver has to do some of the kidney's work, it can't operate at full throttle. As a result, it metabolizes less fat, more fat remains stored in the body and weight loss stops.

Drinking enough water is the best treatment for fluid retention. When the body gets less water, it perceives this as threat to survival and begins to hold onto every drop. Water is stored in extra cellular spaces (outside the cells). This shows up as swollen feet, legs, and hands.

Diuretics offer a temporary solution at best. They force out stored water along with some essential nutrients. Again, the body perceives a threat and will replace the lost water at the first opportunity. Thus, the condition quickly returns.

Excess salt may be the blame for water retention problems. Your body will tolerate sodium only in a certain concentration. The more salt you eat, the more water your system retains to dilute it.

But getting rid of unneeded salt is easy -- Just drink more water. As it's forced through the kidneys. It takes away excess sodium.

The overweight person needs more water than the thin one. Larger people have larger metabolic loads. Since we know the water is the key to fat metabolism, it follows that the overweight person needs more water.

Water also helps prevent sagging skin that usually follows weight loss, shrinking cells are buoyed by water which plumps the skin and leaves it clear, healthy and resilient.

DRINK WATER FOR LIFE!

Last edited by mooz49; 06-19-2002 at 02:21 PM.
Old 04-18-2002, 09:34 AM   #60  

Happy Thursday to all! Thanks Mooz for the postings, I especially like the one about water helps prevent saggy skin. That's enough motivation for me. Hubby was just this morning complaining about all the bottles that I have in my bathroom. (Made the mistake of asking him to find something in there for me) I told him that I had to have all that stuff and that I wasn't naturally this beautiful! Now he won't complain if I buy MORE!

Patty, hope you can find out what the trouble is and get it going in the right direction. I'm with you.....I've got to get back on track. You would think after staying on it for over a year that I wouldn't have any problems. Ugh. It's never easy.

Well, I'm off on another road trip. Boss just asked me to make a run. Sure hope I don't get caught driving without a CDL licence. If you don't hear from me for a few days will you post bond.

Hey to everyone else, I've gotta run.
Closed Thread