Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 09-16-2008, 01:54 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 204/187/140

Height: 5'8

I finished my enitre workout video today for the VERY FIRST TIME!!!!

raw23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 04:19 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 206/194.5/135

Height: 5'5"

So we're down to week 14?? I was thinking today that not only are we all doing something good for us, but maybe this will help easy all of the stress of the holiday season as we get closer. I know I do't want to be the lady freaking out at the mall about god knows what at the top of her lungs becuase ALL SHE WANTS IS FOR THIS TO BE OVER!!!! hahahah Things are going well here. My run last night was much needed. ohhh So last night i cooked all of my meat for my lunches during the week. i make some chicken and some pork on the foreman grill right....well i had put the meat on a plate, and came back the the kitchen hours later to find the plate empty!!! like 4 pounds of meat and the dog laying on the floor...lovely. I was so pissed!! I did laugh after a few minutes looking at my dogs stomach like plump full it was kind of funny...

Shy - 10 miles wow!! that's incredible...doesn't it seem crazy when you stop for a while and then start again...it's like wow
Kristine612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 04:20 PM   #33  

Quote:
Originally Posted by raw23 View Post
I finished my enitre workout video today for the VERY FIRST TIME!!!!

rock on!!!
Old 09-16-2008, 05:49 PM   #34  

S/C/G: See Ticker

Height: 5'8

Didn't exercise at all yesterday....but today got through with half workout video and walked on treadmill 30 minutes and I am feeling alot better!!

Raw: WAY TO GO!!
clewles81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 09:38 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 196/184.6/146

Height: 5'10

Hey there ladies, I've got my next date with the treadmill tonight for my "couch potato to 5k" interval running. The inspiration you guys give me, finishing your videos (Raw), and eating on plan - well, let's just say it's good peer pressure. And cooking - even if the dog eats it. Kristine, that was hilarious. I've got a boston, so she can't get into that kind of stuff at cupboard height, thank goodness!

I'll be in there, doing my thing. And I might even take the jogging to the street at some point. Maybe even with the dog. But baby steps!

DianaG- I hear you on the cute shoes. In fact, if I have cute running shoes, it's much more likely I will go running. Sad but true. And I do shop on sale, so it's not so bad.

Off to eat breakfast - late, but better than never.
Good luck girls!
soon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 02:40 PM   #36  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

raw
That is wonderful. Once you see you can do it, you want to do it more and more. Exercise is going good. Some days it is not planned exercise it is yard work. I do more lunges and squats doing yard work than I ever do in a routine lol.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 04:51 PM   #37  

Things are well here..not going to gym...filling in for a friend's volleyball team on Wed nights which is exciting...

Where has everyone been???
Old 09-17-2008, 10:56 PM   #38  

Kristine, I can't believe your dog ate a week's worth of meat. The little . How is your dog today? I hope he or she is feeling okay after such a full belly.

Shy, I hear you on the yardwork. Outside and when I clean up after the girls I am doing tons of squats.

Raw, Congrats on finishing the whole video!!!!

Clewless, I know some people only work out 5 days out of the week, so as long as you were moving the next day you still did great.

Soon, I love cute sneakers too. I have one foot that turns in a little so I cannot for some reason where Reeboks or Nike running shoes. I wear out the side of the shoe because I am stepping on the side and sole because of my foot turning in. However, I found that New Balance running shoes have a sturdier heel in them that keeps my foot from turning and I do not wear them out as fast. I usually get last years styles on sale when I get new ones because how much can you change a sneaker?

Things are quiet here for the moment. I did some massive housework today, graded four classes worth of homework and got in my one hour of walking. I am exhausted though and my laundry room still has clothes in the dryer and a load waiting to wash in the morning. Who would think two children so small could dirty so many clothes so quickly!

I am refusing to put diapers on my oldest. We are in the midst of potty training and she is stubborn. Half the work I did today was changing her clothes and cleaning my carpet with vinegar. I am trying so hard to be patient with her, but she speaks so well that I do not understand why she does not say when she has to go. I am trying the set her on the potty every hour approach and she just holds it until about 15 minutes after she gets off the potty and then comes and tells me she went. I have to say I am feeling pretty much like a failure in the mom department over the whole potty training thing. She loves to sit on the potty and read a book, but will not make the connection between sitting on the potty and going potty. :sigh: Sorry for the rant, but I just folded a bunch of her underpants and they were all from today.
DianaG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 12:51 AM   #39  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Diana
I never had to pick up after the kids but I sure do have to pick up after the apple trees lol
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 11:32 AM   #40  

Default I'd love to join!

Hi! I just stumbled on this website yesterday and I am so hoping it becomes my motivation to not only lose weight but start exercising! I love your countdown to the Holidays goal and I think posting here every day and having a support group will really help!!

A little bit about me, I had my daughter a year and a half ago and while I was pregnant I had gestational diabetes. Even though I was told by the Dr. I now have a 40% chance of developing diabetes that obviously wasn't enough to get my weight down or start exercising. I have been off an on crash dieting and telling myself I'm going to exercise for over a year now. So anyway I totally appreciate that everyone is doing this and I hope I can have as much luck as some of you!

Here is my goals for the first week, starting tomorrow (it seems like I have heard this in my head about a million times.....tomorrow I will start, oh well hopefully this time it will work!)

Saturday - 15 elliptical
Sunday - 15 elliptical
Monday - cardio work out video
Tuesday - 15 min elliptical
Wednesday - cardio work out video
Thursday - cardio work out video
Friday - 15 min elliptical

Thanks so much for starting this!!!

Jen
j27kaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 02:49 PM   #41  
Plateau-Mania!

S/C/G: 184/155/140

Default Count me in!

Hi all!
I've been looking around all day for a good challenge that I'd like to join in on! Especially right now, since I've been at my 155 plateau for a few weeks. I'm going to start off small with the gym three days a week. After past experiences I know if I go there much more than that I'll get sick of it! (something about the way it smells in there...)
And I'll try and get in some for of exercise the other days. So here we go, for the week of 9/21-9/27:
Sunday: Go for a bike ride
Monday: Swim for 1/2 hour.
Tuesday:Walk Dog
Wednesday: Take yoga class at gym
Thursday:Swim for 1/2 hour
Friday: Walk Dog
Saturday: Exercise Video

Well, wish me luck! And good luck to everybody else too!
platnumjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 02:59 PM   #42  

Jen: Welcome! I am glad you have decided to do more exercise now. I was diagnosed with diabetes in 2001 and if you can avoid it you definitely want to. I have mine under control, but having to take insulin is not something I ever thought I would have to do. My goal with my exercise aside from the weight loss is to not have to take insulin anymore for my diabetes.

Platnumjo: Hi! Welcome aboard. Sounds like you have a good plan going. Doing different activities each day would break up the tedium. Have you been doing Yoga long? I have always wanted to do it, but I am not that limber or coordinated.

Shy: You make those apples sound delicious, or maybe I'm just hungry. Seriously, I would love to have an apple tree in my yard, but they do not grow well in this region. My sister has citrus trees, but they are not the same. Having grown up in New England a bit of fall in my yard would be nice.

Tomorrow is my first weigh in. I will have to just weigh myself once a week because I weighed myself this morning so tomorrow won't be such a surprise. I am just proud of myself that I did not miss one day of exercise this week. Normally if I did not feel like it I would make an excuse such as housework, grading papers, "I did it yesterday" etc... This week if I did not feel like it I told myself too bad, filled my water bottle and did it anyway. I find it ironic that one of those days it was raining so I did the treadmill and when I turned on the television, which is conveniently within sight of the treadmill, the show "I lost it" was on showing someone who weighed my weight and was down to a size 8 now. Talk about motivating. I do not have asperations of wearing a size 8, but I would love to be in a 10 or 12!

My husband got on the scale at my doctor's office the other day and he was so not happy with his weight. He was half heartedly doing this with me, but now I have his full cooperation with the foods I am serving and he is exercising with me.

Have a great Friday night everyone. I actually got all my grading done for today and can enjoy the night off. There is a nice breeze today, so I am going to talk dh into a walk when he gets home with the girls. They went to look at Halloween costumes, so I could get some work done.

I think we will stay in and watch a movie tonight. Not sure what yet, but a relaxing evening at home sounds nice.

Diana

Last edited by DianaG; 09-19-2008 at 03:01 PM.
Old 09-19-2008, 03:26 PM   #43  

Diana, Thank you! Your actually exercising when you don't want is very motivating, story of my life! I will keep that in mind when I try to think up excuses in the morning It must make it helpful to have your husband on board, I'll have to work on mine.

I've never done a yoga class but I did do Denise Austins fat burning yoga and thought it was very fun. Have a wonderful Friday night and hopefully I have good news to post tomorrow!

Platnumjo, right there with you I have been plateaued at months! Good Luck with the routine!

Jen
j27kaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 04:07 PM   #44  
Plateau-Mania!

S/C/G: 184/155/140

Default Thanks!

Thanks diana and jkaiser!
I haven't actually done yoga before, since i am extremely uncoordinated, but i'm excited to give it a try. I'll just make sure I stay inconspicuosly towards the back!
I have to keep trying different things, I know myself well enough to know that if I say I'm going to run the weight off or something else I'll get completely bored after a while and quit. In a couple weeks I'll be starting a women's self defense class, and I'm way excited for that!
I recently just took swimming lessons (yup, a 24 year old that didn't know how to swim!), so i'm really excited to do that more often!

That's great that your husband is working with you diana! I appointed my boyfriend the portion control police a few months ago, and that's working out pretty good. He's one of those 's with a speedy metabolism, so he doesn't have to worry about watching his own...

I have to make a two-hour drive after work today, so I will definitely be relaxing tonight! I hope everyone has a great weekend and stays strong! I know its my roughest time of the week!
platnumjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 02:25 PM   #45  

Hi everyone. How is the weekend going so far?

I had to babysit for my sister-in-law today, so I had 5 kids running around. I am exhausted.

When it gets a bit cooler we are going for our walk. I did my official weigh in this moring and the calorie counting and the walking is taking effect.

My highest weight ever was 295, so that is my ticker high point. When I started watching my calories and walking daily a week ago I was down to 291. This morning when I weighed myself I was 285!! All that walking paid off. I know initially the first week people lose more than normal so I do not expect a 6lb loss this week, but I feel good about the start of my diet. I have no idea of how much I was eating before (I'm guessing 2-3k a day or more), but watching my portion sizes and not snacking between meals except for my healthy keep my blood sugar even snacks (which I include in my calorie count) has me at about 1400-1500 calories a day.

I think it also helps that I totally gave up all beverages except for water and my morning coffee. Not having all of the salt in diet beverages is probably one of the reasons the first week loss is so good.

I filled the freezer with some buy 1 get 1 free lean meats from my local grocery this morning so I won't be tempted to just "pick up" dinner.
Diana