didn't work out today...

• So I didn't work out today, I've been taking Fridays off the last three weeks. Up until then I'd been doing 30-45 mins of cardio and a ten minute workout of some kind (yoga, some kind of calisthenic) every day. Just now when I came up the stairs the front of my legs were killing me, felt like I had overdone it on the elliptical or the bike. Why are they hurting so badly from no exercise? Is it because I've gotten used to doing something every day for the last three months?
  • Have you stretched today? Perhaps the daily workouts stretch and warm your muscles so they aren't achy from the previous day's workout.

I get it too when I take a rest day.
  • Quote: Have you stretched today? Perhaps the daily workouts stretch and warm your muscles so they aren't achy from the previous day's workout.

I get it too when I take a rest day.
    Ditto.
  • Thanks... I hadn't actually thought about that... I did exercise this morning and feel fine now, so stretching next Friday sounds like a good idea.
  • I also get very sore from lack of exercise, it only motivates me to get exercising .... It's very normal and agree with Sharron and Carinna that stretching would help, after all your body is used to the daily workouts...