Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 08-19-2008, 06:48 PM   #1  

Default 10 Ways to Work Out at Work

Hello everyone!

I got this in my inbox from the South Beach Diet website. Although many of us are on different weight loss plans, I thought this would be a good tip for all of us.

10 Ways to Work Out at Work

The South Beach Diet lifestyle includes eating delicious, nutrient-dense foods and participating in physical activity. Finding the time to exercise can sometimes feel like a challenge, since Americans spend so many hours at work. But now you can bring fitness to the workplace, building up muscle while breaking up the monotony of the day. Dr. Agatston, preventive cardiologist and author of The South Beach Diet, is a big fan of allotting small amounts of time for exercise throughout the day and trying to squeeze in any amount of activity you can. After all, some exercise is always better than none. Here are ten tips to help you get your workout at work:

1. Park farther away from the office, or get off public transportation at an earlier stop, and walk the rest of the way.
2. Take the stairs instead of the elevator, especially if you've got only a few floors to climb.
3. Go for a walk during lunch. One way to do this is to skip your usual salad spot on the corner and find one a little farther away. If you bring your lunch to work, use the time you save buying lunch to take a walk around the block.
4. Deliver messages by hand instead of by phone or e-mail, and walk over to coworkers when you need to chat with them.
5. Instead of meeting in the office or over lunch, take it to the streets (or park) for a walk — or even to the gym.
6. Take frequent breaks to get up and walk around.
7. Find a gym near your workplace and exercise for 20 minutes during your lunch break or just before or after work.
8. Use your headset or cell phone and walk around while talking on the phone.
9. Stretch occasionally while sitting at your desk.
Check out the South Beach Diet Fitness Program online for some smart moves. SouthBeachDiet.com members can enjoy all the benefits of the South Beach Diet Fitness Program right now. Click here to take advantage of all the exciting South Beach Diet offerings.
10. Participate in workplace-sponsored sports activities or athletic fund-raising events.
SunshineCA is offline   Reply With Quote