Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 08-24-2008, 01:09 PM   #31  

Height: 5'5

I just started yesterday...did W1D1, I have to admit I think I want to go again tonight. My husband work for a university that has a beautiful campus so it was fun to go and walk/run there last night!! I was hot and sweaty but felt good!!
thelish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 10:41 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 237/222/140

Height: 5'2''

Finished w1 on Saturday- which went fine. I noticed my heart rate was much more controlled, which is a good sign. I was planning on starting w2d3 today, but my ds was kind enough to give me his cold Nothing more enjoyable that a cold in the summertime! Hopefully I will feel better tomorrow and will get going on w2. Hopefully things will go well.
Roni did you try a run?
Pamela40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 02:06 PM   #33  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

ok. I did week 2, day 1 again today. It went well.
Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 02:16 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 312/ticker/160

Height: 5'8

Hi I just started w1 d1 yesterday. It went good. It was pretty easy and I feel like doing it again today but its not good to do it everyday is it? Im not sore today. I feel very stupid jogging and being so big. But I will keep going no matter what.
babyfattimes3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 10:15 AM   #35  

Hi everyone! I just started C25K yesterday and I must say, it went better than I expected. I think that the biggest thing that I was afraid of was having people staring at me while I attempt to run. But, there was no staring, no one yelling "Hey, look at that fat girl trying to run". Nope, everyone just seemed to go about their business while I ran through the neighborhood. And now that I've overcome that hurdle, I must say, I actually enjoyed my run!
MyWickedLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 08:23 PM   #36  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

Okay, another Stumbling block. I got a job today. Eight hours a day on my feet being very physical. So until I get used to this new schedule, the GYM is going on the back burner. I am sure I'll be used to this in a couple of weeks though and I'll be back doing my 5k's!!!!

Have fun peoples!
Old 08-29-2008, 07:30 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 222/204/150

Height: 5'4"

I was directed to this very site by a friend who actually was a darn proud couch potato and 65 pounds overweight. He is now doing triathalons !!! I am going out tonight to buy some running shoes. Any suggestions on a good running sneaker?? I want to begin my "running" journey this weekend as I have been walking up to 3.5 miles nightly. Hopefully I will survive !
Suzy
Suzzyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 09:14 AM   #38  

Suzzy,
Don't know if you already went, but I would definately recommend going to a specialty store for runners. They take a lot of time with you and watch you walk and reccomend good shoes. I ended up with Saucony omni7- which I love.
Glad you are joining us-
Afm-I have one more day left on w2- and then on to w3. got on the scale this morning and I was 5lb down- gotta love it.
Old 08-30-2008, 01:39 PM   #39  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

Okay, here the thing. My new job busts my butt. I mean I haven't worked in 8 yrs and now I am on my feet 8 hours a day 5 days a week and it do A LOT of walking. By the time I get home I am completely pooped. That being said, I am getting completely depressed not being able to do my workouts. I man I'm crying over it. I miss working out, I miss my GYM friends. So I have decided that at least 3 days a week I am carrying my tired behind up there and at least getting 30 minutes in if not more on the TM. I won't see my same Gym friends, but I can sure make new ones! Sooooo....starting today I restarted week 2 again and I'll prolly do Tues, Thurs & Saturdays at my beloved GYM.

Week 2 day 1. Done
Old 08-31-2008, 12:47 PM   #40  

Good for you Roni,
It is hard to squeeze in workouts after a long day- I remember trying to force myself to be a "morning person" and workout before work- but you can't fight nature and I am not a morning person. I found if I went directly to the gym after work, it worked best for me.
afm- i finished w2 yesterday- but i had to do it without my music because i forgot my headphones at home- that sucked- music really help me - otherwise i am watching the clock-
week 3 starts tuesday- wish me luck
pamela
Old 09-02-2008, 04:29 PM   #41  

So today was w3d1- and boy did that kick my butt!! I had to go really slowly to complete the jogging- I am sure there are many people who could pass me walking- but so what- I did it- hopefully d2 will be easier.
Old 09-02-2008, 06:35 PM   #42  

Hey guys! I want to jump in on the C25K wagon again, too. I've done the week one workouts several times but never been able to do them often enough to progress. Now that I'm in town for the semester I'm going to fix that. I think I'm going to do extra workouts, but I'll vary them enough that I don't do too much to fast. Here's my ideas right now:

Lacrosse Practice twice a week for 1.5 hours each time
C25K three times a week, for .5 hours each time
and weights twice a week.

Does that sound reasonable?
Viatre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 07:25 PM   #43  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamela40 View Post
So today was w3d1- and boy did that kick my butt!! I had to go really slowly to complete the jogging- I am sure there are many people who could pass me walking- but so what- I did it- hopefully d2 will be easier.
WoooHoooo! You do it whatever way you can get it done!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viatre View Post
Hey guys! I want to jump in on the C25K wagon again, too. I've done the week one workouts several times but never been able to do them often enough to progress. Now that I'm in town for the semester I'm going to fix that. I think I'm going to do extra workouts, but I'll vary them enough that I don't do too much to fast. Here's my ideas right now:

Lacrosse Practice twice a week for 1.5 hours each time
C25K three times a week, for .5 hours each time
and weights twice a week.

Does that sound reasonable?
Sounds like a plan to me
Old 09-02-2008, 08:18 PM   #44  

Okay, I need to jumpstart my exercise routine. I think I really want to do this.
Modjeska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 10:16 PM   #45  
Shooting for the moon

S/C/G: 210/151/140

Height: 5' 5.5"

I have W1D3 tomorrow. This is the first time in my life I have enjoyed "running" - not sure I can call it that yet! I hope I didn't sabotage myself today. I walked 3 miles on the treadmill - that wasn't my plan but that was what happened since I got to the gym too late for the class I wanted to go to.
Thin4Good is offline   Reply With Quote