Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 08-11-2008, 03:06 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 188/173/140

Height: 5'8

Cool Injury Question

Hi All!

brief background: started running classes with ny road runners in Jan - all was great until i was sidelined in April due to a car accident - but the good news is i was released by my dr 2 weeks ago to start running again - so now i am back running (well running 1 min walking 2mins and building from there) with ny road runners.
I started last week as a matter of fact. well the funny thing is now it seems i have injured the muscle in my right gluteus maximus - it feels like a pull or strain right in the middle - first few days i iced it and refrained from much activity .. any advice on other things to try? hoenstly i am just tired of dr's visits. i have been sure to stretch it before doing any light jogging and sometimes i have to stop and stretch during the run to stretch it again.

thank you!
crownshape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 08:19 AM   #2  
Ilene the Bean

Stretch, stretch, and stretch some more is very important... Maybe instead of visiting a doctor you could visit a sports clinic where they could show you how to properly stretch and take care and strengthen that muscle strain which was surely caused by the accident. Just don't let it drag on, IMHO, you may aggravate it more...

Last edited by Ilene; 08-12-2008 at 08:19 AM.
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 12:16 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 245/202/170

Height: 5'6"

A good therapeutic massage might help. I went for one when I was dealing with hamstring issues and shin splints and I was amazed at how much getting everything loosened up helped me out.
KimProbable is offline   Reply With Quote