Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 08-04-2008, 02:35 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 175 / 140 / 125

Height: 5'2"

Sassy, Today it has been fascinating that I am actually moving a lot more in my day to day life, not counting my planned walks, then I used to. I guess it really has become a lifestyle change. How old is your DS. Did he get those 2,000 steps just watching morning cartoons? lol My children get more "exercise" during their couch potato time than I do when I'm trying!!! lol

I did get out and do 5 miles while DD was at volleyball camp. The rain held off until about 5 min after I was finished and then a regular T-storm started up. I felt so lucky. Feeling a little blah now though. My house needs cleaning and I hate cleaning house on dreary days. I just want to curl up with my book and maybe snooze, but we're palnning to go away this weekend and there's nothing more depressing than coming home to housework. So, I guess I better hop to it!
Have a great Monday.
lovnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 07:00 PM   #17  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Jumped on the treadmill for 4 miles after work. No dog walks for a few days, my one mutt has leg issues and I think she over did it at the park yesterday.

CIN ~ great job! You are really going for it

SASSY ~ too bad those extra steps can't benefit you by default!

LOVNMOM ~ Kids here started VBS today too. One of my niece's is helping out with the little ones...she's all grown up at 12 I find it hard sometimes to take care of "chores" around here if I have a good day of "miles" That balance thing will come, right now I want the weight to go bye-bye!

HAVE AN AWESOME WEEK GALS!

19.5/75 MILES
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 08:14 AM   #18  

Good morning all!

Gary, My daughter started Volley Ball camp yesterday. Our V.B.S. was back in June. I think it's cool that your niece is a "grown up" helper. I wish my oldest would get involved helping with the little ones at church, but truth is she is not good with small children. Thankfully, she does use her gifts though. She's been singing in the adult choir for two years already. Now my youngest loves the little ones and helps me most Sundays with my class.

My DF Lori will be running a marathon this weekend in Hurley. Thankfully, she is willing to do some of her training in walking with me. The plan today is to do 8 miles during V.B. She's driving to town even though she has no V.B. players in her family. I feel blessed to have gotten to know her better this summer. Both of my daughters have one of her sons in their class so, we've spent a lot of time at the same ball games, band concerts and Christmas programs, but this summer we've been able to take the friendship to the next level....This walking thing has so many benefits!

Have a happy Tuesday!

30 walk miles
7.5 hours of 31
Old 08-05-2008, 10:54 AM   #19  
Starting Sept 16,2010

S/C/G: 210/189/180

Height: 5'4 1/2

Morning everyone.

I got in 15k on the bike yesterday and my push ups (no walk).Will do another 15k on the bike today and get a power walk in if it doesn't pour rain again.

Last edited by Cinm; 08-05-2008 at 10:55 AM.
Cinm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 12:36 PM   #20  
Uggg... I goofed again.

S/C/G: 200/200/120

Height: 5'3"

lovnmom - I am so glad to hear that you are moving more than you thought! That's awesome! My DS is 7... beautiful boy. He was just running and such, just being a boy I guess! He is SO sweet to me. He's a lot like his father, which is a good thing. My DH is crazy intelligent and "black and white". I'm "all gray"! I have two dogs, one of which is a girl (a Sheltie), we stick together against all these boys! lol My DH makes fun of me for cleaning the house before we leave on a trip... I agree! There is nothing worse than coming home tired and seeing all kinds of housework to be done!

EZMONEY - You're amazing! I love to take my dogs for a walk too, but my Sheltie has knee issues. She can walk for a little bit, but then it gets the best of her. I bought her a doggie stroller. I get laughed at, but at least she still gets to go with the family! I have a hard time keeping up with housework, work, kid and steps too. I'm still trying to figure out the balance too.

Cinm - Holy wow! You are moving a lot! I looked at the picture on your profile, you have a great looking family!

I can't believe that I did it, but I finally took the leap... I signed up for Muay Thai Kickboxing lessons. I've been thinking about it for some time, but everyone always seem to think that it's "not me". I was listening to them, but then I decided to listen to myself. Listening to everyone else has not always served me well. My first lesson is tonight.

I only told DH that I was doing it. He's completely supportive, like always, but did poke a bit of fun at me last night. I couldn't reach the remote and he said "You're arms are too short, you'll never hit the bag"... then I said "I'll use my legs then"... he replied "I think your arms are longer." LOL! He's such a smarty. I told him he better be nice to me because one day I might just be able to "take him down".

I'm going to keep it a "secret" until I figure out if it is for me or not. It's OK if it isn't, but I feel like I won't know until I try. Otherwise, it will turn out to be one of those things on my list of things I wish I would have tried. I'm nervous because I'm a big girl and I don't want to be surrounded by "thinnies", but I bet it'll be OK. We'll see!
sassybiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 12:40 PM   #21  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Hi Gals ~Off today and Angie has conferences so I took the dogs out for a easy 1.5 walk this morning, still taking it easy on my one dogs tired leg. I also jumped on the treadmill for 4 while I watched the news channel.

CIN ~ Great job! Hope the rain is easy on you.

LOVNMOM ~ Oh...that VB...that's what I get for "speed reading" I hope my niece does better than her brother, the knucklehead that I am guardian of. He was hired by our day care, right after he graduated 8th grade from school there, to "supervise" the younger kids in their games for summer camp. Within 5 minutes he "became" one of the group and not the leader...the director kept giving him chances to "lead" but he was just still too much into "play"...he was let go after 2 weeks. They told him to apply the following year. Every move made was done with my knowledge and permission. He just wasn't ready. He did do better as a volunteer at VBS.

Have a great day ladies.

25/75 MILES

Last edited by EZMONEY; 08-05-2008 at 09:45 PM. Reason: corrected mile numbers
Old 08-05-2008, 12:41 PM   #22  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

WOW! SASSY! I was typing when you posted...GREAT JOB!! I am so proud of you!!
Old 08-05-2008, 03:42 PM   #23  
Starting Sept 16,2010

Sassy~That's great and i am glad you didn't listen to everyone.I hope you prove them all wrong and it is for you.

Seems like there are a lot of dog people on here also.I am also own 6 four legged friends.3 French bulldogs and 3 German shorthaired pointers .
Old 08-05-2008, 07:53 PM   #24  
Uggg... I goofed again.

OH MY GOSH... KICKBOXING ROCKS!

I went to the class and it was awesome. My knee went kaput when I was jump-roping, so I won't be able to do it in the near future, but I plan on doing it someday.

I can't believe how good of a workout it was. It made me sweat like crazy! I learned all kinds of new things. I've never aimed to hit anyone in my life. It felt really good to learn.

I recommend it. WOW! I spent 45 minutes doing stuff and it felt like about 5! That solved it... nobody knows me better than ME! It is SO for me!

Last edited by sassybiscuit; 08-05-2008 at 07:55 PM.
Old 08-05-2008, 09:30 PM   #25  
Starting Sept 16,2010

Sassy~Glad you had fun and you took the leap and did it.Sorry about the knee.

Well i got in 15 k and a power walk of 3 k i am burnt and sore.
Old 08-06-2008, 09:33 AM   #26  

cinm, Great job..you are rockin' out the exercise. WTG!

Sassy, It's so cool that you tried something new. It can be so scary to step out of our box especially when others are convincing us to stay in. I'm sorry your knee gave out. Maybe a supportive wrap of some kind to wear just for this class. My oldest DD (almost 15) has knee issues and they have terrific supports that are under $10 at Walmart...just a thought. Have a great day!

Gary, Hope you enjoyed your day off!!

Well, it's back to town for V.B. camp today. I'm going to cut my walk to 5 miles so I can watch my DD for awhile...you have to realize she is 11, barely over 4 ft tall and weighs less than 70 pounds, but I'm getting reports from the instructor that she serves overhand like a champ and is really grasping setting the ball with the tips of her fingers (palms are not allowed). I don't have high hopes for her to ever be very tall so setting and good serves will be her passport to playing rather than sitting the bench. She's so much smaller than everyone, but she also works much harder than most. I'm very proud...
Have a terrific Wednesday!

35 miles
8 hours and 45 min of 31
Old 08-06-2008, 12:26 PM   #27  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

LOVNMOM ~ Good luck to your daughter! I have seen amazing growth spurts from kids my kids hung out with....you just never know...although it seems her genes come from someone on the "not too tall" side....wink

CIN ~ great job on the work-out!

SASSY ~ You rock girl! Do you have any idea how long this set-back will be? How you doing today?

Well I took the dogs out for 3 this morning then did 2 on the treadmill after a quick errand for work.

Have a great day ladies!

30/75 MILES
Old 08-06-2008, 01:50 PM   #28  
Starting Over

S/C/G: 255/255/155

Height: 5'7"

Ok I am going to log miles this month. Goal will be 30 since I am getting a late start.

I ran a mile yesterday - that's about all I can do now. Soooo out of shape. That will change though. Enough of this sedentary lifestyle!

1.7/30
cakses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 01:57 PM   #29  
Uggg... I goofed again.

lovnmom and EZMONEY - Kickboxing was awesome. It was scary trying something new... all alone! My knee is hurting like crazy today, I'm trying to get my steps in but I can't get on the treadmill and there only so much walking I can do at work. I took some ibuprofen, so I hope it helps. I have no idea how long this will last, though I plan on going to the doctor about it in the very near future. I think that I need surgery, at least that's what they said last time. This might just be the motivation that I need to actually have it done!

cakses - Welcome! Running a mile is a lot... I'm not sure that I could run the whole thing, even with great knees! Keep logging those miles!

Well, off for another 500 step route. As of right now, I only have 2500 steps today. YIKES! I need 12,500! OMG!
Old 08-06-2008, 02:10 PM   #30  
Starting Sept 16,2010

Cakes ~ I could never run a mile that is a good start.

Sassy~ can i ask how long it took you to get to your current weight?.I so want to be out of the 200 the scale has not moved this week yet and i am working my butt off and eat about 1200 calories a day.