Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 09-12-2008, 03:17 PM   #121  
Workin' It

Claire -anything over the walking pace is considered running to me! Might be a slow run, but a run either way! Cool about your hubby and the yoga DVD... My DH slid back down to no exercise while he was studying for his test, and missing it by three points isn't likely to get him back in the exercise frame of mind, but we'll see. He is rescheduled to take it again, so he is getting back up and going forward. Sorry about your fall - hope you are okay!

Angel - sounds like you had a good couple of days, too! The walking with your son must be fun... I never got to do anything like that with my stepson, and I wish now that I had. He is 3 1/2 now, so I am getting to go play on the playground with him, and boy, that is its own workout!

I got out of a seminar early today, so decided to workout when I got home, even though Friday is traditionally my off day. I took Wed off, so i have already had my break...

I did a 20 minute cardio yoga video (I really like the guy who leads it - Tom Morley. He doesn't take himself too seriously...), a 10 minute ab shaper video that turned out to be mostly pilates, and 45 minutes on the elliptical. Now, I'm going to eat a little lunch and get a little rest before DH and DSS get home...

Have a good day everybody!
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 01:10 PM   #122  

S/C/G: 229/206/1??

Height: 5'2"

Shannon-Yes taking little boys to the playground is a workout!! I am glad that I am keeping up a little better now, but cant wait for next summer. Hopefully I will have so much energy that I wear the little guy out!!

Today is my off day so nothing as far as workout goes but a lot of house cleaning and some grocery shopping! Yesterday I went for a walk and cleaned. Not a whole lot but its the weekend and with SO home we do a lot together!

Well hope everyone has a good week!!
AngelMae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 01:13 PM   #123  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

Glad you are feeling better, Shannon!

Friday and yesterday were a bust for me... On Friday we went to dinner at friends, so there was no time to workout. I had to jump in the shower and leave as soon as I got off hockey practice. We didn't get home from our social outing until 1:30am! Needless to say, considering I was already exhausted from my week, I was rather worthless yesterday. I had a lot of things I NEEDED to do - housecleaning, laundry, errands - energy was low and exercise didn't happen.

I'm disappointed I have skipped two days of workouts, so I plan to have a good workout later today with DH.

Hope it's been a good weekend for all...have a healthy day, ladies!
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 01:13 PM   #124  

Hi Angel - we cross posted!
Old 09-14-2008, 05:01 PM   #125  
Workin' It

Good afternoon -
I did 30 minutes on the elliptical yesterday and a 10 minute ab/back video, same one I normally do. Today I did 40 minutes on the Weider and 60 minutes on the stationary bike, to mix it up a little. About to take a hot shower...

Angel & Claire - I've firmly decided that house cleaning is its own exercise!

Have a good rest of the weekend everyone!
Old 09-14-2008, 08:09 PM   #126  

S/C/G: 185.0/185/140lbs

Height: 5;4

Hi ladies. I do a dvd every morning called exercise with Jackie. It's a great one on one weight training tape. Not too hard! But you can really feel the burn/pain the next day. Anyway, I've been doing this in the morning and heading to the gym at night to treadmill an hour. I really wish I had a treadmill at home or even a bike. Sigh.
Kelly46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 08:57 PM   #127  

Hi Kelly - welcome to our little thread! Great job on the dvd! I would love to have some equipment at home too, but I make do with dvds and then walking/running (s-l-o-w running)/biking outdoors (weather permitting).

Tonight DH and did a 30 minute jog - NO STOPPING!!! I was crawling along... he put quite a gap on me -- BUT I did NOT walk!!!! Woohoo! I'm going to do crunches and push ups before bed.

I'm really not sure where this weekend went - I'm not ready for this week. I have 3 hockey games, so I'm going to be having LONG days. Will do my best to get some exercise in and eat well.

Have a healthy Monday, ladies!
Old 09-15-2008, 07:47 PM   #128  

Nothing for me today, ladies. Just got home from a hockey game and ate.... now I have to get ready for school tomorrow and bed at a decent time.

Hope everyone else got a work out in...
Old 09-15-2008, 08:41 PM   #129  
Workin' It

I did 45minutes on the elliptical this morning - after yesterday my arms and legs were somewhat sore, so it was reasonably low intensity. I'm about to go do a yoga stretching video to try to loosen my arms up a little... unless I change my mind by the time I get to the bedroom...

See everyone tomorrow!
Old 09-15-2008, 09:19 PM   #130  

S/C/G: 280/270/175

hi everyone I've always been an at home ezerciser. I have an older treadmill and i have the newest firm dvds with the weights
ezziriah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 10:46 AM   #131  

S/C/G: 229/206/1??

Height: 5'2"

Hello Ezziriah!! I have an old treadmill too!! We actually got it from the take or leave pile from our dump!! So it was FREE!!

Yesterday I took my mile walk. Unfortunatley that is all I got done, I had a million errands to run and I ran out of hours in the day! Today should be better I have nothing on my schedule except my workouts!

Have a good tueday everyone!

AngelMae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 10:49 AM   #132  
A New me! Right Now!

S/C/G: 218/198/145

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezziriah View Post
hi everyone I've always been an at home ezerciser. I have an older treadmill and i have the newest firm dvds with the weights
I absolutely love "The Firm" it really works and boy does it make you sore.

I did not excersise again yesterday. Not enough hours in a day for me. I do not have anything to do tonight except workout and cook dinner so i WILL do it today.
dlphnmomva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 11:10 AM   #133  
No surrender, no retreat

S/C/G: 170/148! :D /134

Height: Vertically comfy 5'2"; horizontally challenged

Hi you guys! I haven't posted in a week or so. It's been pretty busy here. Oh, and I joined Facebook as yet another way to keep in touch w/my college daughter and well, Facebook is bascially a time-eater!

Been doing well w/the exercise. I was exercising 6 days/wk but decided to combine my strength w/outs w/yoga and cut it back to 5 days/wk. More exercise per day but less days per week. I think my body is liking having two days in a row off.

Just got done some wts. and that 'Yoga for Weight Loss Conditioning' dvd I have. Boy, that yoga dvd is great. Really makes you aware of your body and oddly enough, I feel taller when I'm done. Hmmm, maybe I should measure a before and after? lol

Hope everyone is getting their 'moves' in. Have a great day all!!
Hat Trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 11:28 AM   #134  
Workin' It

Good morning!

Welcome ezziriah!

Angel - kudos on the walk!

Claire - you are really hitting hard with the jogging... Even with doing 45 minutes on the elliptical every day I'm not sure I could jog outside in the real world for 30 straight minutes...

dlp - you can do it tonight!

Hat Trick -I'm also working out six days a week, I've been thinking about consolidating down to 5 as well. I currently do cardio all six, strength train for three, try to do a yoga video at least three of the days (sometimes more, I've started using it as stretching after weights...), do an ab or pilates video the other three. How often do you do cardio work?

I did make it to the 20 min cardio yoga video and a 9 min pilates ab video last night, this morning I did a 10 min ab/back video and 45 minutes on the elliptical.

I have a weight bag and am thinking of working it into the routine, though I don't know where I would find time... Do you guys think I could put in working with the weight bag in place of the elliptical a couple of times per week and get good results?

Have a great day all!
Old 09-17-2008, 09:46 PM   #135  

S/C/G: 280/270/175

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlphnmomva View Post
I absolutely love "The Firm" it really works and boy does it make you sore.

I did not excersise again yesterday. Not enough hours in a day for me. I do not have anything to do tonight except workout and cook dinner so i WILL do it today.
I got an email last night about the new firm system its called the wave and it looks really fun. It has this curve like step thingie that you have to balance on while doing the workout and it looks like it would really workout the core. I'm thinking of getting it my abs went to crap when i had an emerg c section 2 years ago
ezziriah is offline   Reply With Quote