Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 08-10-2008, 02:11 PM   #16  

Height: 5ft 2in

Thanks Claire! I went to the beach on the way to the supermarket and earned some very useful calories! I wouldn't have gone without your prodding!
pufffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 03:26 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

Yay! I did a 45 min walk and may do my dvd yet ...
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 10:44 PM   #18  
How does this thing work?

S/C/G: 250/221/150

Height: 5' 5"

Puff and Walking - You guys are too funny! I'm glad to hear you both got your exercise in.

Yesterday I walked a mile outside. It got dark, so I came back in and walked three more miles with Leslie Sansone. I didn't get any cardio done today, but I completely my Callanetics 10/10 dvd.
Amany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 12:43 AM   #19  

Hurrah for Claire and Amanda!!!!!
Old 08-11-2008, 12:39 PM   #20  
44lbs gone!

S/C/G: 154/112/105

Height: 4'10''

Quote:
Originally Posted by walking2lose View Post

Angel - Lots of people seem to love the Billy Blanks - I've heard it's a killer workout. Do you have any other dvds? I really like the Jillian Michaels if you're looking for a very basic, quick, but very tough workout.
Hiya!
tbh I used his abs boot camp from youtube, and found a taebo one for this mornin, and after 30mins the laptop run out of battery so I went for a little jog.
I didnt wanna waste money on dvds that Im not going to use, but I can see me using the billy blanks ones, so now Im considering getting a couple off of ebay to mix it up a little.

I'll have a look for Jillian Michaels, cheers
angeleyezx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 02:12 PM   #21  
Workin' It

Walking2Lose - I do have a room that is for mostly exercise equipment. DH also has a stereo set up with his turntable so he uses it for a music room when I'm not exercising. The elliptical and the bike are in there, tv and yoga/exercise mats, good floor space. The Weider is going to be set up in the garage, and I actually have a currently unused punching bag I'm thinking about putting in the garage with it or scooting into a corner in the guest room.

We just bought a new house, well, a year ago, so not too new, and I have more space than I really need so I set some up for exercise before other parts of life took over!

I'm not finding myself bored yet, but I'm cataloging things I see other people doing just in case! I switched from elliptical to bike this weekend to change it up a little and that was fun. I figure a few more weeks of heavy cardio before I look at switching things around. I'm in my third month of consistent exercise, so still a beginner really!
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 07:39 AM   #22  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannon in ATL View Post
Walking2Lose - I do have a room that is for mostly exercise equipment. DH also has a stereo set up with his turntable so he uses it for a music room when I'm not exercising. The elliptical and the bike are in there, tv and yoga/exercise mats, good floor space. The Weider is going to be set up in the garage, and I actually have a currently unused punching bag I'm thinking about putting in the garage with it or scooting into a corner in the guest room.

Wow... that sounds so awesome, Shannon!!

Morning girls!

Yesterday I did a very brisk (but short) walk with my folks' dog. I went over to can tomatoes and had a little downtime. I think it was 35 min or so. I also take a Pilates class on Monday evenings. It's a 10 week class, and I really enjoying it. It's the only "organized" working out I do.

Have a happy and healthy day girls! I'll report back with what I did later on (not sure yet).
Old 08-12-2008, 12:06 PM   #23  
Workin' It

I did 45 minutes on the elliptical yesterday, the same Ab/Back core workout. Today I'm feeling a little rundown (head cold or sinus infection I believe...) so I did a Pilates Ab video and 30 minutes on the exercise bike... DH has to work late, so I'll likely do more when I get home... I'll let you guys know...

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 08-12-2008, 12:12 PM   #24  

Shannon - good job getting a work out in, even though you feel worn out. Maybe you shouldn't try to do anything else - rest some so you can feel better tomorrow.

I am actually feeling run down today too, and I don't think I'll be able to do much cardio. I coach field hockey, so I do run around a lot for 3 hours in the mornings with them, but now I'm pooped. I think I've been staying up too late watching the Olympics!
Old 08-13-2008, 12:35 AM   #25  

Well done with the commitment everyone! Hope you feel better today Claire. It's odd how some days you just feel like that. Yesterday was a beach day and I did my jogging which made me feel good. I'm on early shift this morning so I may not get anything done today - I always feel whacked when I get home after an early.
Have a good day everyone!
Old 08-13-2008, 10:54 AM   #26  
Workin' It

Today was one of those days where I turned my clock off when it went off, then actually reset it for later and rolled back over - forget that elliptical trainer, who needs it! I couldn't fall back asleep, just kept thinking about how I was supposed to be exercising...

So I got up! 10 minute yoga video, 45 minutes on the elliptical at mostly 85% heart rate... Yay! And, I actually feel a lot better than I did yesterday!

Puffin, what is an early shift for you? I used to work 5a-2p and always had a hard time working out after those, too... There was no way I was doing anything other than shower and coffee before one, either!

Have a good day everyone!
Old 08-13-2008, 11:15 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 283/see ticker/180?

Height: 5'9"

hi all -- I just did "beginner callanetics" for the second time; it's only a 30 minute tape, but it is kicking my butt. It really feels like a workout, but I don't HURT. It kinda feels...good. I can't get over how demanding it is, though, to get in position and make these little tiny movements. I'm totally humbled -- guess I'm not as strong as I thought!! I'm also lifting weights for upper body, and I do other stretching, but this might be my new favorite thing to do at home.

I'll be reading for cardio recommendations too -- I have some joint injuries (knees, one ankle), so I'd prefer low impact. Thanks! Hope you all are having a great day,
anita
guynna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 03:58 PM   #28  

Hi Angel - I know what you mean about wasting $$ on videos. I have a lot of them, but I probably only use 8 of them. Four of them get a lot of use.

Shannon - Three months of exercise is pretty major in my book. i used to be really good about it (many, many, many) years ago. Over the past ten years the most I've done it consistently has probably been about 2 months. I have to improve. Congrats on getting up and doing your yoga by the way.

Walking - I know what you mean about feeling pooped. I had to make myself exercise yesterday and the day before. The only thing that motivated me is that I've set mini goals. Ultimately I have another 56 pounds to lose, but being 8 pounds from my first mini goal helped motivate me.

Puffin - You're the best cheerleader! I admire you for jogging. I've been wanting to get started, but I've had a problem well... getting started. lol I had started loosely following the Couch to 5k program in early spring, but then I got sick and fell off track.

Hi Guynn - Yes Callanetics will kick you in the rear and have you begging for mercy. lol Last night I did Cardio Callanetics for the first time. The cardio part is these yoga / ballet inspired moves. The second part is the updated version of callanetics. Good grief! I had to take Advil last night after working my muscles like that. My back felt great though. This morning, my muscles just felt completely relaxed. Maybe too relaxed. lol I guess it will just take time.
For low impact cardio, I love Leslie Sansones Walking dvds. She's great. Her movements are not complicated and the workouts are solid.

Well, as I mentioned, I did the Cardio Callanetics last night. The night before I did one of Leslie Sansone's Four Mile dvd. It's kind of old. The people in the video have really big hair and everyone is wearing neon colors. lol Great workout though!

Last edited by Amany; 08-13-2008 at 04:00 PM.
Old 08-14-2008, 11:28 PM   #29  

Well tonight I walked roughly four miles through my neighborhood. I was using my 2 pound dumbbells. The last 3 or so times I walked with them, they didn't give me much of a challenge. In fact, it's as if they weren't there. I need to increase, but to what? Three pounds? Or should I just jump to four?

It's been kind of quiet. I hope you're all hanging in there and doing ok.
Old 08-15-2008, 02:02 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 283/see ticker/180?

Height: 5'9"

I've never used dumbbells while walking (tho I do lift); I'd be kinda worried that I might get into swinging my arms or something and hurt myself with the momentum, you know? But maybe that's a faux worry : o I really don't know. Sounds like you had a great exercise day!
anita
guynna is offline   Reply With Quote