Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 07-10-2008, 06:58 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 154/140/ undecided 129ish ?

Height: 5.6

Default WATP question

Hi i am new to using watp 4 mile challenge i was just curious if i could use this as my full exercise if i do it 5 times a week and if anyone ealse uses it and can tell me if they have benifted in weight loss by using it ?

Thnx
makelovenotwarcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 03:48 PM   #2  
Hug a Tree!

Height: 4'9"

You can do anything you want to do!! If WATP is what you want to do, then go for it. I know many people who use it exclusively and have lost weight. Personally I like it but when I'm on top of my game its not difficult enough. I like the ones that incorporate jogging but even those sometimes feel too mild. Right now I'm looking into doing the 5 mile walk. Actually, it might be in my mailbox right now. If these are what you like and you will stick to, thats half the battle. You aren't going to keep up with something you hate. And as I said, I have heard of many women who have been successful at weight loss while using only WATP. That being said, I'm a big proponate of weight training/resistence training. If you could get some of that in as well it would be great.
LandonsBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 06:33 PM   #3  

S/C/G: HW-300.2 GW-<175

Height: 5' 5.75"

Quote:
Originally Posted by makelovenotwarcraft View Post
Hi i am new to using watp 4 mile challenge i was just curious if i could use this as my full exercise if i do it 5 times a week and if anyone ealse uses it and can tell me if they have benifted in weight loss by using it ?

Thnx
I would say that since there is a whole thread dedicated to Leslie that people must be successful using her videos. Hope you enjoy them.
zinkemomx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 07:35 PM   #4  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

I love the 4 mile videos! I use them in the winter when I can't get outside. If you feel like you want more of an upper body challenge, you can always use weights, stretchie band or the walk-away belt for more upper-body toning. I think her workouts are great to use by themselves or with pilates and yoga. They sure have worked for me
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 12:27 AM   #5  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

makelove
I love Leslie. I do her videos 2 to 5 miles twice a day 5 days a week. I also do 40 min of some kind of resistance training and or Pilate's along with those videos three times a week. She has some nice resistance, workout videos besides the walking videos. I haven't seen that any of the exercise 2 to 4 hours a day has done a thing to make my weight loss faster BUT I can sure see the toning that is going on in my body.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 09:03 AM   #6  

i'm a watp fan and it works for me.
bluemommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 03:14 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 160/129.6/130

Height: 5' 3"

I have about 10 over Leslie's DVDs. I feel like I've "outgrown" them though. I just don't feel like they are challenging enough. But, plenty of people lose weight with her videos. It depends what works for you.
streudel423 is offline   Reply With Quote