Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2002, 11:34 PM   #1  

Talking water aerobics are awesome!!!

Anyone inhere do water aerobics? I've been going to the Y and I can't believe the difference. It's amazing how every muscle in my body feels after a work out. I'm feeling tighter and stronger just after a week of going everyday. I can't believe how awesome this is. I'd love to hear if anyone else is doing this.
Old 03-18-2002, 08:07 AM   #2  

Default YES!

I go once a week and it's awesome! I really love it! And you get such a great workout - sweat free. I thought it would be all gentle, etc... but it really gets you going! Hurrah!
Old 03-19-2002, 09:53 PM   #3  
Hang In There

Default Yea for the water!!!

I've been doing water aerobics off and on for about 15 years, but I joined a new health club about a year ago and they have so many different wateraerobic classes that I'd like to stay all day long every day.

I try to go every day, but I don't make it all the time. I usually make it at least four time a week though.

I just had knee replacement surgery on 2/1/02 and the doctor told me to start out just walking in the water for a week or too, so I'm just getting back into the swing of things. This club has two pools and usually had three different classes at any hour. Until my surgery I only did the 9:00 AM classes because I had to be at work by 11:00. But since the surgery I haven't been going in until about 12:30 or one so that's given me time to try some of the other classes. The one I did today was really great, but I feel I overdid it because my knee and leg are really sosre tonight. The leader of the class said they only have this class twice a week because it is so intense that it takes time for the muscles to relax. Anyway it was a "STEP AEROBIC" class in the water. Aand it was just like a regular step class, except in the water. They had the water steps and all.

I have tried to have a water aerobics thread on 3fc before, but it has always dried up, I hope you two are really interested and we can keep this one going. I check the site out every night. I don't necessarily post that often, but I do read it everynight.

Good to meet you and keep in the water!!!
Old 03-19-2002, 10:00 PM   #4  
Hang In There

Default Old thread

If anyone is interested in the last water thread change your settings to the last 45 days and look on the sescond page, fifth or sixth from the bottom. This is also an attachement fro a girl who tecahes water aerobics and it it her routine. Check it out
Old 03-20-2002, 05:38 PM   #5  
Just one bite at a time

S/C/G: 210/210/146

Height: 5'5"

Default Routine

I thought I'd re-post the routine to save you having to go back for it.

Any questions? I'll try to respond quickly.

Stef (an obese aerobics and Aqua instructor....)
Old 04-11-2002, 06:23 PM   #6  
Hang In There

Default Okay whre is everyone?

Just had another of the awesome step classes If you haven't tried doing a step aerobic class in the water, you've missed out.

This is the most terrific water class ever. I feel like I've really worked out .

If anyone else has a great class let us know about it.
Old 04-13-2002, 03:41 AM   #7  
Crazy Candian in Aus

Talking Deep Water Running!

Hey everyone! This looks like a very interesting thread! I have begun doing a deep water running class and love it. It is on Monday nights and it seems that everyone decides to go to the gym on Mondays and it is hard to find a cardio machine or free weights available. I tried it one evening and loved it to pieces!

Keep up the work everyone!
Old 04-13-2002, 10:21 PM   #8  
Hang In There

Kanola: Yes the deep water classes are really good cardio workouts. The club I go to has two pools and sometimes as many a 4 different classes any particular hour. The class I was talking about with the underwater steps is at 10:00 on T&TH. but at 9:00 on MWF's they have a deep water running clas that I go to quite often. I've just had knee replacement surgery and before I had it and for a few weeks afer, I took one of the others classes that is a milder class.

But for my money you can't get a better workout on land.
Closed Thread