Anyone ever try Platoon Fitness?

• platoonfitness.com

I live in the philly area and am so pumped (and a little nervous) to sign up! It's military-style fitness, every morning at 6am OUTSIDE, rain, sleet, snow, wind... the only time they cancel is if there is lightening. I am just tired of the ho-hum gym and doing tons of machines to build muscle that isn't very functional to real life. I want to become more athletic so that I can ride horses better and also do functional things like rock walls, hiking, running, etc.

Just wanted to know if anyone has heard anything. I think I'll be trying it out for free next week. My biggest concern is actually getting up at 5:30 to make it there by 6am!
  • Wow sounds awesome

Other options for hardcore fitness include kettlebells and crossfit.com affiliates. I was looking at one of the affiliates in my area and it is tough exercise but also looks fun.
  • A couple of the nurses I work with do this style of workouts. Like bootcamp with lots of core training and HITT. They start a new "class" every 2 months I think and really like it. I would try it if it wasn't for the schedule conflicts. GL!

Nelie - there's lots of Crossfit affiliates around Seattle also. I haven't been to one yet (although occasionally I get inspired and do the WOD that's posted online!), but a friend of mine in the Bay area has done Crossfit for a couple years now and WOW! is all I have to say about her body!