Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 03-31-2008, 06:10 PM   #1  

Default Exercise vs. Sleepiness

Last night was HORRIBLE. My room likes to imitate the weather outside, so it was hot and muggy and I just could NOT get to sleep. So (even though I overslept) I only got less than 3 hours of sleep last night.

I still got up and tried to squeeze in some exercising, but I just could NOT do it. I was completely out of it. I just stopped trying to exercise (I knew it wasn't gonna happen) and started getting ready for school.

So, the question I pose to you all is: What should I have done? Is it better to not push yourself when you're already so exhausted? Or should I have been able at least done a little something and tried to push myself further?

I understand that getting enough sleep is an important part of living a healthy lifestyle, but sometimes you just can't help these weird, extenuating circumstances, ya know?

Thanks in advance!!
cephalopod gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 06:23 PM   #2  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

For me, exercise is the only thing that'll wake me up after a bad night of sleep (and I have some intermittent insomnia issues, so I do have some experience) is exercise. Usually I have to start pretty slow (like some yoga), but soon I'm going at my usual pace/intensity. The endorphin rush is better than coffee.

Speaking of coffee - having some of that first, if you drink it, will help a lot to wake you up enough to get started.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 06:27 PM   #3  

Well, I do yoga every day (except Sunday), and I had a hard time even doing that. I was all "Oh Noeeees. "

Also, I can't have coffee. I'm very sensitive to caffeine. Even having half of a soda gets me all jittery and distracted.

Anyway, I think I was just super tired. I'm going to bed early tonight, though, and not letting myself take a nap so that I can wake up on time/well-rested tomorrow.
cephalopod gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 11:26 PM   #4  
Ilene the Bean

Make this your rest day, go to bed early and start fresh tomorrow....
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 10:41 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 283/253/190

Height: 5'9"

If this is an occasional thing I would definitely let the sleep needs come first.
Lifeguard is offline   Reply With Quote