So I was in the south beach forums for awhile, and on South Beach I was able to lose about 12lbs in about six weeks. I hit a plateau and while I'm not really on South Beach, I am smarter and more educated about making food choices. I've come to the realization that in order to lose the rest of the weight I want, I have to exercise. So I've started out this week by biking on our recumbrant bike, trying to get in about 30 minute a day. I usually do like 6 minutes at a time, get up, breathe, take a drink, and go back at it. So it's like a 45 minute long effort.
I want to add in some ab work outs, and hopefully at some point some free weights.
I do have some questions though, such as
1. Is the biking really going to make a difference? Assuming I ride it 30 minutes a day at a varied pace, for 4-5 days a week. I definitely feel my heart rate increase and I'm definitely sweating for a change. What kind of things will I notice with biking?
2. What kind of exercises should I be doing in addition to the biking? Keep in mind, that I'm confined to the house with a toddler, so time and equipment is a factor.
3. Do I need to make any changes to my diet to maybe see results quicker, such as upping up protein?
4. How long will it take til I notice results? Not only seeing changes, but feeling them? When those of you started exercising how long was it until you started seeing a weight loss, and other people noticed?
5. I've got that baby pouch, extra loose skin on my tummy. Is it possible to get rid of this? It's not entirely fat, it's skin.
Thank you guys for reading it and for any advice you might have