Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 03-05-2008, 08:59 PM   #1  

Cool Dance Dance Revolution exercise

Hi everyone! My name's Cory and I'm new the this site and forum so I thought I'd give posting a try.

Soooo, who here has played Dance Dance Revolution before? I try to play it daily for at least an hour and what an exercise it is!!!

One hour of that game and I walk off the pad as sweaty as could be. And it's a blast to play too! One hour goes by in what seems to be 15-30 minutes, and you still wanna keep going. Well, that's just me anyway. DDR has been my sidekick in helping me lose weight, no doubt.

Has anyone else here used DDR for weight loss help?
Coryo61827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 10:27 PM   #2  
McLovin' *TBL Red Team*

I would really like to try it. Do you play DDR on playstation or do you have the DVD? I was looking to buy it myself but am not sure which one to get. I have a playstation 2. What would you recommend?
xGurlyGrlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 09:53 AM   #3  
Stay at Home Mommy

S/C/G: 312/312/160

Height: 5'5"

DDR is totally worth it on the PS2. If you are going to play a lot at home, I recommend a hard, metal pad. Even if not, a redoctane pad is recommended as they are firmer and more willing to stay in place than a soft pad you buy in stores. And if you don't want to invest the extra money just yet, duct tape! lol.

Seriously, I used to love DDR and play DDR religiously. Every weekend at the mall over $40 in the machine. Then I'd play at home with friends! It was ridiculous. Then I got pregnant, wasn't allowed to play. And now I am too out of shape to play, and live on the 2nd floor of an apartment building. D:

Point being, DDR is a very fun workout! Just DDR safely!
stariankyonna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 10:08 AM   #4  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

I got DDR for playstation 2 for Christmas & I love it - Dh & i do it at least once a week for 30 minutes each.... so much fun
GONNABE165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 10:21 AM   #5  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Is it available for Wii?
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 06:25 PM   #6  

Phew, just got done with my one hour of DDR for the day and once again worked up another great sweat. Woot! Anyway, I have DDR for the PS2, and one of the steel pads too. (Well worth the money IMO). I have four of the games for the system. DDR MAX 1 & 2, and DDR Supernova 1 & 2.

I like DDR MAX 1 & 2 a LOT more than the Supernova series so I say give that a try. The Supernova series is more of a wider range of music, going from rock (Fallout Boy) to oldies such as songs like "Video Killed the Radio Star" where as DDR MAX 1 & 2 are more based around techno-ish music. So it really depends on what your tastes in music is.

As for the Wii, I'm not sure if it has DDR or not but I do think I recall reading somewhere that DDR was being made for the Wii.

So if you're dieting and looking for fun effective cardiovascular exercise, give DDR a try. You'll get hooked.
Old 03-07-2008, 10:36 AM   #7  
finding herself

S/C/G: 241/226/175

Height: 5'7"

I might have to get ours out today. I picked this up the other day and have not had a chance to try it yet. I have heard great things about it and thought I would treat myself. I'll let ya know how it goes.

♥betsy
newbebop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 01:49 PM   #8  
Stay at Home Mommy

S/C/G: 312/312/160

Height: 5'5"

Yes, DDR is available for the Wii. It's a newer game, and I've never played. But it's out there! XD Check out Wal-Mart. I'm sure they have it!
stariankyonna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 11:04 PM   #9  

Oh oh oh, as you'll see, DDR games....or some of them at least...come with a workout mode and it's fantastic! I've known about the mode since I started playing but never actually gave it a try until today and I loved it! You set your weight, and then set your goal whether it be amount of time spent playing or it set the amount of calories you want to burn before you stop.

I set my goal to 500 calories and it only took an hour 1/2 before I was done. I didn't think that was too bad and was surprised I burned so many calories that quickly. Then it tells you how far you would have run had you been jogging instead of playing DDR and I believe my results from today came to be 7 something miles!!!

Pretty nifty.
Old 03-07-2008, 11:29 PM   #10  
Work in progress

S/C/G: 165/ticker/120???

Love it... so much fun. I used to play all the time. Can't play now... no room in the apartment. but when we move to a bigger place... you had better believe that DDR pad is coming out!
LittleMoonRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 11:59 PM   #11  

Man I used to love playing DDR!!! I lost the pad, though.

I know I know it's terribly difficult to lose a DDR pad, but stranger things have happened...

Does anyone know how much the pads go for? Maybe I'll just shell out a few and buy a new one...
cephalopod gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 02:28 PM   #12  
Low Carb Lolita

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7"

I used to play DDR all the time If I still had a PS2 around, I'd still do it. We had one of the thick foam RedOctaine pads--and I actually preferred that to the metal pad (which I had also used at a friend's place). It's definitely a lot of fun and a workout! It's nice when "fun" and "workout" can coincide. I ordered my RedOctane dance pad off the 'net, and you can find DDR games in just about any store that sells PS2 games.
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 02:30 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/120

Height: 5 foot 4

We just purchaed it for the WII. I love it!
mezmerize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 03:32 PM   #14  

cephalopod gal, DDR pad prices vary and are all over the place. Since you're not sure how much they are I'll just assume that you've never tried it before so I'd suggest buying one of the cheap foam pads for about $15-$30 so you can decide if you like it or not. Or you can buy a DDR bundle set which includes a game and a foam pad for about $60-$70.

Then you have the serious metal pads like what I have and they sell from anywhere between $200-$300 but I wouldn't buy those unless you're very serious about DDR. Hope this helps!
Old 03-10-2008, 03:15 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 174/See Ticker/130

I just bought this this weekend for my Wii. I haven't gotten much chance to use it, but I am excited to really get into it. I was going to get up early today and do it, but with the time change, my body said no way and I would swear I was sitting up ready to get out of bed and the next thing I knew it was an hour later and I had to be ready for work in 20 minutes. Oops. Tomorrow morning I will be doing this! I'd like to get in an hour everyday on it. I am guessing it will need to be supplemental to my regular workout routine and not able to replace it. But I am going to try and add it at least. I need a little extra boost, my weight loss is slowing down big time.
marie8674 is offline   Reply With Quote