Boxing?

• Hey folks,
    Just wondering if anyone here has every tried boxing...not kick boxing, real boxing. I've been interested in trying it out for a while and I've found a gym in my area. I'm not sure if I can even afford it yet (at least not right away, I'm sure I'd have to save up) but while I'm waiting for them to get back to me with the rate sheets I thought I'd check around here and see if anyone has any feed back or advice.

I'm a bit intimidated by the whole thing...having never done it and going into it by myself. The boxing gym doesn't require sparring (that part is 100% optional) but the workout looks so intense, like it would do wonders helping me tone and get fit and blow off some steam/stress.
  • I have always wanted to try it and I guess I never conjured the guts, but what a remedy and a release! Do it. I'm sure you won't regret it.
  • i've seen the pt at the gym work his clients with boxing and it looks like a killer workout. I did kickboxing years ago...and the bag punching and throwing punches were a killer workout. I think from the people i've talked to...boxing is a great workout.