Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2003, 07:32 PM   #16  

Hi to everyone!!!

I have been doing the tapes for a while and I really like them. I started off with the 1 mile tape and I just got the 2 mile for Christmas and I have been doing that one for the past couple of days.

It is great to have something easy to do and not have to go outside. This time of the year it is easier to stay indoors and do the tape. The only thing I do not like about the new tape is the music, I prefer the 1 mile in which she is with a group of people, it is a little more pleasant than the new tape. I find the music a little slow, not much of an upbeat. But I still enjoy doing it, I guess I could put on my own music.

My plan is to do 2 miles each day. I will have to look into her other tapes.

Suzanne
Old 01-02-2003, 08:00 PM   #17  
Soon to be Lifetimer

Angry Duh :)

Thanks for explaining, I thought it was a video you watch while on the treadmill -- DUH!!! I saw her on QVC. They do look fun. A little change from the treadmill to break up the routine. I have knee problems and it looks like there wouldn't be hardly any impact.
Thanks for all the comments.
Bunny
Old 01-07-2003, 02:51 AM   #18  

Hello Everyone,

I have the Leslie 1, 2, 3 and 4 mile tapes.. and I love them....they truly are a nice way to walk.. I was doing them everyday in November and then I took a little break sometime in Dec. and I am back doing them any day... they are great

Just one question.. does anyone know... approx how many calories you are doing when you do her various workouts??
Any information on this subject would be greatly appreciated

Thank in advance

Heath
Old 01-07-2003, 11:11 AM   #19  
RonaldMcDonald's LuvChild

Suzanne - doesn't the 2 mile tape have the same group? The ones I have seem to pick up the pace thru the 3 mile - all with the same group.

Heath - try this site and see what you come up with for walking and light aerobics... I get about 310 calories for the 2 mile tape.

http://www.caloriesperhour.com/
Old 01-07-2003, 12:58 PM   #20  

I love the WATP videos. I've done the 1 mile two mornings this week. I was more faithful about doing them before Christmas so I'm building back up to the 2 and 3 mile tapes. My goal is to be more consistent and use them 4-5 times a week during the month of January. I can't wait to see the new ones someone said she's got coming out.
Old 01-08-2003, 03:01 PM   #21  

Hi Everyone!

Did you all see the new Leslie Sansone Infomercial. It's called WATP Express and she uses a stretchy band for resistance. It looks really good! I've been doing Leslie walks for over a year and I own almost all of her videos. They are great. If you log into her website lesliesansone.com on the 15 of January, she is supposed to have a walking workout posted on her site. I'm going to join it. Maybe I'll see you all there too.

Rose
Old 01-08-2003, 05:41 PM   #22  

Hi!!!

Rusty*Rusty I just noticed I bought the wrong tape, I bought her Christian Inspired tape which is 2 complete workouts it has the 1 & 2 mile on it and the one mile she does alone and the 2 mile she does with 2 other's and it is done to christian music. I did not realize she had other tapes out, so I will look for her 2 mile tape with the other group, after I went to her site I saw the different tapes, so I will be able to use both, it will be a nice change of pace.

I really like these tapes, I do one each day and find that it is a very easy workout.

Have a great week ladies.

Suzanne
Old 01-09-2003, 07:39 AM   #23  
RonaldMcDonald's LuvChild

Suzanne - I'm glad I caught your comment and gotcha back on track. You get to know the whole gang after a while - especially the lone male - Randy in the back. LOL I'm interested in the walking/kickboxing tape, too. We'll try that when we get good at these three.

(I didn't realize that Leslie had Christian tapes but BoxerBob and I got an inkling on the 3 mile when she started to talk about blessings and raising your arms to Heaven.)
Old 01-09-2003, 07:31 PM   #24  

I found the 2 mile tape and the whole gang.. I like that one better it is more upbeat than the other. So I'm working on the 2 mile for a while now. I will be able to switch back for a change of pace.

Hopefully I will be able to do the 2 mile everyday now and maybe throw in the 1 mile after the 2 mile in the future.

Suzanne
Old 01-10-2003, 02:55 PM   #25  

Hi everyone. I saw this thread, and it looked interesting. I have seen the advertisements for Leslie's Walk Away the Pounds, and from all the info her, I think I am going to go buy them! I work full time - 8-5 Mon-Fri, and I have a 2 year old son. So, needless to say, I don't have a lot of extra time. I love to go for walks, and my son loves me to push him in his stroller when I go (LOL) but, I live in upstate NY, and we have a few feet of snow right now so walking outside is not an option for right now. SO, I have a few exercise tapes already and I would like some variation. I recommend Taebo to anyone who can handle a real workouit. It is very hard, and you HAVE to follow the instructional video first, or you'll never figure out the moves. I also go to the gym 3 days a week and work out. So, the videos are just for fill in.
Anyway, just thought I would say hello, thanks for the info, and good luck to everyone!!
Old 01-10-2003, 06:15 PM   #26  

I just bought the 1 mile tape yesterday after someone at this sight recomended them. I love it. Worked thru it today with the weights, and think I will buy the 2 mile tape here soon. Nice to be able to walk inside, as it was -21 with the wind here today. BRRRR!!!!
Old 01-10-2003, 09:19 PM   #27  
Soon to be Lifetimer

I got the Christian tape, Walk the Walk. I love it. The one mile is about 15 minutes and seems to go pretty fast. The songs are the good old hyms that I grew up with. Our church is always trying new songs and I just like the old ones so this tape suits me fine. I also did the 2 mile and it was over before I knew it. There is no way I could walk that far on the treadmill and be that quick.
They are low impact so easy on the knees too.
A good way to start the morning!
What type of music is on the regular 1 or 2 mile tapes?
I have been doing them for a week and going to curves too and have lost 3 lbs and 5 inches! (been eating more fruits too)!
Old 01-19-2003, 02:37 PM   #28  
CIN

I love the Leslie Sansone tapes.Ihave the 2 & 3 mile.purchased at Target for only $6.99.

Would you believe my 76 year old Mother sent me hers.and begged me to try it.? I have been a faithful walker for years..........I watched out of obligation to my Mother and fell in love with the tapes.I have done them several months now and still am not bored.I like them because they include upper body and I use my own weights with the tape.I feel like I am geting a fairly good work out...................sometimes I walk and do other "chores" while doing the tape!

Try them.you will like them!
CIN
Old 01-19-2003, 03:15 PM   #29  

Well ladies I am moving on up to the 3 mile tape.

I have been doing the 2 mile tape and I am finding it very easy and quick. I do it once a day.

It seems easier to do the tape than to go out and walk. When I go outdoors to walk I do not walk at a fast pace, but the tapes keep up a great pace and the 2 miles go by very fast, I am looking forward to the 3 mile one.

I have not used the weights as of yet but will start this week using a can or 2, for a change.

Suzanne
Old 01-22-2003, 04:11 PM   #30  

I have the one mile tape and it is wonderful. So easy anyone can do it. I love it to because its only 18 min. Almost anyone can have time for that. I have actually been doing it twice a day. I have lost 5lbs. so far. I think I will try the two mile soon! Good luck ladies!!
Closed Thread