Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2002, 01:42 AM   #16  

Got rid of that first cold, sorta came down with another, but now ds is really sick with the flu! My first time as a mom having to deal with this. I feel so bad for him. You can't explain it to him and he looked so confused when he was actually in the process. I hope he can sleep some tonight. Might stay up awhile then get dh to stay home with us tomorrow. I already did one clean up by myself. We were going to go to the gym today, but as I was walking in the mall parking lot, my right hip started to really hurt. I'm just wondering now if it was God's way of getting me to go home and give Emmett a nap before he started getting really sick. I feel out of sorts, but things always change!
In Christ,
Pamela
Old 01-24-2002, 01:28 PM   #17  
Earth Shattering Kaboom!

Oh, poor little guy... I feel bad for him, and for you too, Pamela! Hope he feels better soon, and you can all get back to normal!

As for me, I had a great workout at Curves yesterday after work, and I have the chance to go to aquajogging with my mom tonight, so I'm probably gonna do that instead of my ball workout.... I'll keep that for the weekend! Should be good, though, I love working out in the pool! It's fun and doesn't lead to sore muscles! Plus, no sweating! Yay!

I'm doing a little better with the water intake too.... I remembered a little trick that I used to do a long time ago. All it takes is a little lemon wedge in my water bottle, and suddenly I'm guzzling it down like it's pop! Works for me, though!
Old 01-24-2002, 01:32 PM   #18  
Earth Shattering Kaboom!

Okay, I had an idea!

How about an exercise challenge leading up to Valentine's Day? We could all promise to do some sort of exercise (maybe minimum 15 minutes?) everyday until February 14th? Then we could figure out some type of reward for making it? If we start tomorrow, that'll be 21 days, just the amount of time that they say it takes to start a new habit!

Let me know what you guys think, and we can start a new thread!
Old 01-24-2002, 08:53 PM   #19  

Pam, I am glad your cold is better but sorry to hear about your DS. How old is he? Hope your hip feels better. Funny how sometimes things just start to hurt and then stop.

Marvin - my friends got their ET at Sears. I think I said they paid $600 for it but last night they said it was just $300. So that's not bad. They work out on it a lot. Hope you enjoy your aquajogging. I like to work out in the pool too - you don't sweat!

I am up for the Valentines Excercise challenge. I haven't stuck to my plan so well this week. Work has been really draining. I am so busy and I just feel so behind. It was nice out a couple days this week and I could have walked at lunch but I worked right through and ate at my desk. Then I was so drained that I didn't exercise Tues or Wed. Did yoga tonight though. I haven't heard the weather but maybe I can walk at lunch tomorrow. I am going to a crop (scrapbooking) right after work tomorrow night until midnight, so I know I won't get to do any tomorrow night. Anyway, the challenge might be what I need to make sure I do something everyday. 15 min. is okay.
Old 01-25-2002, 10:08 AM   #20  
Earth Shattering Kaboom!

Okay.... I'll start up a new thread!
Old 02-11-2002, 02:02 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 198/ticker/135

Height: 5'7"

Angry hi all

hi everyone
Im back ! LOL
and im 2 lbs heavier

I saw an elliptical trainer at walmart for 169 this past weekend. I know you get what you pay for.. but Im thinking about purchasing it anyway to see if it will be worth it for me to spend the money to get a nicer one.

wtg everyone on your determination .
let me know the name of the new thread.. Id love a valentines challenge!
Debbie
168/162/135
Closed Thread