Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 09-10-2007, 11:49 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 235/219/140

Height: 5'7''

Default Flexibility of a corpse

Well I have horrible flexibility so I am really trying to build that up, I found a great beginners yoga tape. My flexibility is so bad that when I lie on my back and left up one leg I can not extend it fully it has to be bent slightly.

Can anyone give me any hope that if I continue doing this workout that I will become more flexible, or can anyone share there personal experiences I am alittle skeptical.

The video is about 30 mins long, how many times should I do it also during the week to get results?

Thanks

Last edited by Hope20; 09-10-2007 at 11:50 AM.
Hope20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 01:05 PM   #2  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

Yes, you can absolutely increase your flexibility if you stick with it. I really hate yoga, but I always feel better for doing it, so if you can do your video once or twice a week you'll start to feel better soon enough. I've heard that a rule of thumb is ten times through to notice a difference, but it's different for everyone. Good luck!
thistoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 02:08 PM   #3  
What's this button do?

S/C/G: 323/282/150

Height: 5'6"

I've never been very flexible myself. As a kid, I quit ballet after half a year because no matter how often I stretched and practiced, my achilles tendons wouldn't let me plie very deeply at all. Mind you, by the end I could plie much lower than when I first began, but it was nowhere near what was required to be even passable at ballet. As you can see, flexibility is a constant issue for me as well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hope20 View Post
Can anyone give me any hope that if I continue doing this workout that I will become more flexible, or can anyone share there personal experiences I am alittle skeptical.
Thanks
Yes, you absolutely will become more flexible! Look at it as a continuum. You probably will never be as flexible as a gymnast or ballet dancer—the ultra-flexible end of the spectrum. But you may become as flexible as the middle of the spectrum or better.

Karen Voight's Pure and Simple Stretch
is an excellent stretching DVD I use. Karen's a consummate pro, and she explains everything about the stretches you do in it. Stretching a muscle for 30 seconds or more, and relaxing and "breathing into" the stretch are key.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote