Gravity Training

• Hi Exercise People -
    I am just beginning again after about 3 years. The fitness center I joined offers (at an extra charge) "Gravity Training" classes. This is something new to me. Do any of you have any thoughts about this type of training? Is it wonderful?
    Here is a description from the club's website:

Gravity training uses an innovative piece of training equipment featuring a glideboard, pulley system, and eight levels of resistance. This design allows for supported full body resistance training, multiple intensity options, and over 100 different exercises to choose from. Our instructor team will guide you from beginning to end with individual options along the way. Please use the drop-down fitness schedules menu to find times and pricing packages for small group Gravity training.

Anyone?

Thanks!
    jo
  • That sounds like the piece of equipment that Chuck Norris and that model (can't remember which one) would try to sell on an infomercial
  • Oh! Yep - it is one of those 'machines' that allows you to use your body weight to exercise with!

In other words it could be just another 'name' for training! It could be as old fashoined as the ankle boots you tie yourself to a bar to - to do upside down sit ups - or it could be the "zenergistic" exercises (I kid you not) that balance body and mind, but is probably one of those 'Pilates' style machines

http://www.totalgym.com/products/GTS.details.html

And they're not bad stuff! They do allow you to use your body weight sensibly and safely - and are usually more fun and less threatening to use than standard weights machines!

I did a short research project on them about 4 years ago for a local (very small) gym prior to purchase. And they came out very favourably.

Unfortunately someone else did the follow up project, so I don't know about customer satisfaction!

Try it out and let us know....
  • Stef - yes - thanks - that link shows a picture similar to the machines in the Gravity class. If they are more fun than the standard machines, I'm going for it.