Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 08-31-2007, 09:13 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 215/186.5/130

Height: 5'3

Default Working and School FULL TIME!!!

I work from 8-5, then go to school from 6-11, where in the world can I find time to exersize??? Im about to start school and I was just thinking about this, I know I havent been going to the gym as often as I like but now It doesnt seem like Id ever get there. The commute from the job to school is about an hour without traffic. My hour lunch break isnt always an hour, and I have to eat or I practically wouldnt eat all day. And even if I could exersize on my lunch break, the place I work isnt very safe, and they advise us dont to go outside alone. Im just not seeing where I could exersize ever except for weekends. Where to I find time??
staciec878 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 09:21 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 227/ticker/130

Height: 5'4"

I am in the same boat as you, I work 6-2, and then go straight to school, even though classes don't start until 4 (parking is a B****). For me tho, I have the advantage of not having class everyday...but i've been close before. My suggestion: Do the weekend. If you feel like you need to do something, there are exercises designed to be 15 min done at your desk, and you could always do a set of x # of reps of crunches or hand weight lifting just before you go to bed. When in doubt, watch your calories, walk the long way" at work (ie the stairs or the longest way possible to the bathroom) and exercise on the weekends. Anything is better than nothing!

V
Grumbleworts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 10:36 PM   #3  

I work 8-5 and have 3 or 4 classes I take per semester. It is harder when I have to go to campus, most of my classes I take online. That helps with time management. My schedule is that I get up 35 minutes early and do a mile on my elliptical. I drive to a nearby park on my lunch hour and walk another mile then (it only takes 20 mins to walk a mile). This week alone, between my mornings (I skip Thursday and Friday mornings, but do my mile in the morning on Sat/Sun.) and my lunch walks, and one evening walk tonight with my family... I will have 12 miles in. And amazingly it is not cutting into my time during the day. It takes dicipline to get up in the mornings, but it gives me so much more energy during the day! Look at your schedule and see where you can fit in at least 20-30 minutes per day. You'll be glad you did!
alie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 08:52 AM   #4  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

STACIE ~ I know you don't want to hear this...but...it looks like you may have to get up a little earlier to get an "exercise" in to start your day...
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 11:41 AM   #5  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

Sorry to say it...but get up just a tiny bit earlier. If you go fairly high intensity you can get a decent workout in 20 minutes and if you do it at home you dont really lose that much time.

Then your lunch time break - if there are any stairs in your building climb up and down them for 15-20 minutes. Do some flights up fast for light cardio, and then do some flights slow and deep bends and every other step for strength.

Also - do you have coworkers who smoke? How often do they take a 5 min smoke break? Every time they take a smoke break, go do 5 minutes of stairs.

The gym is a nice thing...do it on the weekends, but it isnt the only way to workout

Happy squeezing it in!
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote