3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Exercise! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise-34/)
-   -   That feeling exercise gives you (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise/121290-feeling-exercise-gives-you.html)

NoVaVTFan 08-26-2007 09:32 PM

That feeling exercise gives you

I have never been an athletic person. Growing up, I tried just about every sport - soccer, softball/baseball, basketball, etc. but nothing every worked out or was enjoyable. I started riding horses in 3rd grade and continued that until my senior year of high school, and I guess I would consider this my "sport" growing up. I stopped riding horses in college, though, because it was just too expensive - it was college or horses, and college won over.

Not being an athletic person or enjoying playing sports, exercise has never been important to me. I started working out for short amounts of time at gyms when I was in high school, but never kept with it for more than few months at a time. I have basically come to believe that I just don't like to exercise. It is never something that I would label as "fun." But, I know it is an important part of weight loss and life in general, so I am forcing myself to exercise at least 2-4 times a week now. I usually do cardio and add weight lifting on top of that twice a week. I never really enjoy it, but I do it because I know I need to. (I exercise at home on my elliptical and with my workout DVDs/weight videos.)

I never like the act while I am exercising, but I have realized that I do love that feeling I get afterwards. I love coming upstairs from the basement after a workout and taking my shoes off and feeling proud of myself for the workout I just completed. I absolutely hate being sweaty and feeling nasty from dripping sweat everywhere, but I love getting in the shower and washing it all away but knowing that the effect of my workout will stay with my body long after. I have definitely developed a love/hate relationship with exercise, but I know it will be worth it in the end.

TurboLeda 08-26-2007 09:34 PM

girl, I hear ya! I love the exact same feeling of taking off my shoes after a jog...and peeling off my sweaty socks! and especially when I dry off after a nice shower and feel so powerful.

Cassie501107 08-26-2007 10:04 PM

I am the same way..the sense of accomplishment is a HUGE payoff...and sometimes, I'm in a great mood for the rest of the day, all because I took some time out to improve myself. :)

Azure 08-26-2007 10:16 PM

The funny part for me is, the HARDEST part of getting a great workout is getting my butt out the door! I know that I'll physically feel great and accomplished after a workout, but for some reason I always drag my butt when it comes to actually going to work out :)

Diva 08-27-2007 06:59 AM

Sometimes I workout just to get myself in a better mood, LOL! But I hear what you are saying, most of the time I am doing it to lose weight and get healthy and love that feeling of accomplisment and pride. :D