Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 08-16-2007, 06:21 PM   #1  
I deserve to feel good!

S/C/G: 250/225/150

Height: 5'5"

Default Running Is Great For....Abs?

I've been running regularly for a couple of months now, and I haven't yet supplemented it with any other exercise like weights, situps or anything like that, but I noticed last night that my abs are crazy strong now compared to before! I just sort of assumed that running would strengthen my leg muscles, I never thought it would carry over to my abdominal muscles too. BONUS! Anyone else notice this?
wisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 06:24 PM   #2  
Starting Over

S/C/G: 255/255/155

Height: 5'7"

Oh yeah running is a great core workout, so abs get a nice toning! i have notcied mine getting stronger and under the fat i can see them more pronounced.
cakses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 06:38 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 176/143/138

Height: 5'7

Yes, running has definitely helped tone my abs...I also never would have suspected it would to the extent it has. I knew running was a good overall body workout - but its still a nice surprise

The other surprising one was spinning...DEFINITELY thought spin class would mostly focus on my legs and bum but it's helped define my abs further. *shrugs* go exercise heh
Lyria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 06:44 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/150

Height: 5'7 1/2

I was just thinking this too. I noticed during my run today that my abs were really tight. Good thing too, because I need all the help in that area I can get!
LeedaRenee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 10:53 PM   #5  
I deserve to feel good!

S/C/G: 250/225/150

Height: 5'5"

I can't see my abs yet (still a little too much cushioning around them!) but they are definitely way stronger. I remember when I first started out and I did that move where you lay on your back with your legs straight up in the air and slowly lower them all the way to the ground (keeping them straight). I couldn't actually get all the way down, I would start to shake and then have to drop them the rest of the way. On a whim last night I decided to try the same move and I could do it easily and smoothly and repetitively!!! It was an awesome feeling!
wisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 03:38 AM   #6  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

Off road running is even better for them - because it takes more effort to keep your balance it really works your abs as well as your legsl.
YP1 is offline   Reply With Quote