Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 08-25-2007, 01:04 PM   #121  

S/C/G: 224/see ticker/130

Height: 5'1''

Leeda- Feel better!
I'm done with week 1. I plan on doing the C25K program on Mon, Wed, and Fri and some weights/turbo jam on the other days. What does everyone else do on the off days during the C25K program?
teacher1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 02:32 PM   #122  
Heather 2.0

S/C/G: 290/281/139

Height: 5'8"

Yay cakses! What a bargain!!

Teacher - I do strength training most days that I don't run, but I almost always have a day off from everything once a week
HeatherAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 09:10 AM   #123  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/150

Height: 5'7 1/2

Well, my ankle is sprained ladies, so no more C25K for me for the next couple of weeks or so.
LeedaRenee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 11:57 AM   #124  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Renee~I'm so sorry to hear about your ankle! Take care and mend quickly. Thankfully it is only a sprain, though. I got a call yesterday from my Mom. My sister fell on Friday and broke her ankle and has to have surgery tomorrow. Ouch.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 02:25 AM   #125  
Starting Over

S/C/G: 255/255/155

Height: 5'7"

OK idiots on craigslist. Can *anyone* just sell me something w/o excuses and bulls***???? AHHHH....

Talked to hubby, God bless him. Told me to go to the fancy fitness shop that's about an hour away and get a good treadmill. So tomorrow I will be banging down their door at 10am when they open. They do deliveries once a week on Wednesdays and I want to try to get it there this week!

I am going to be so broke paying my credit card bill, but skinny and broke. And to add to thegood news, my ankle and shin are starting to feel better. I can't wait to run again!!!
cakses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 07:28 AM   #126  

cakses, I am so happy you are feeling better and good luck with the treadmill!
Old 08-27-2007, 09:54 AM   #127  
Heather 2.0

S/C/G: 290/281/139

Leeda - look after that ankle - don't run again too soon!

Cakses - what happened with the other treadmill???

Heather
HeatherAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 10:04 AM   #128  

Heather, I wont be running again until I am 100 percent certain I am healed. I am going to live vicariously through you ladies while I am healing up.
Old 08-27-2007, 11:02 AM   #129  
Starting Over

The stupid (two) craigslist people disappeared on me. I don't get it why people list things they want to sell, then call or email saying yes let's meet then fall off the face of the earth. This has happened to me when I tried to sell stuff too. It's annoying!

I'm going this morning to the fitness shop to try out a bunch of treadmills. At least this way I will have a warranty and a free year of service. Wish me luck, my leg is feeling funny again, bah!
Old 08-27-2007, 12:35 PM   #130  

S/C/G: 214/ticker/175

Height: 5'8

Well everyone, I went out and tried Week 1, Day 1 today. WOW. I listened to the Ullreys podcast, which helped a TON because I wasn't watching the clock. Unfortunately, I only did the first 5 intervals, then walked the remaining time; I'm still congested from last week's cold, and my asthma was flaring up big time. I expect I'll end up doing Week 1 twice, but hey - I still TRIED today, and I am sooo proud of myself for that.

LeedaRenee - ouch!! Hope you heal up quickly. Sprained ankles are no fun.

Cakses - good luck with the treadmill shopping!
practiceliving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 12:44 PM   #131  
Getting there...

S/C/G: 195.6/see ticker/135

Height: 5' 6"

Way to go Marianne! It's nice not to watch the clock - I know if I run on a treadmill I have to cover the display with a towel as it goes soooooo slowly otherwise! You'll be doing it all in no time. That's the beauty of running! If you need to take two weeks of Week 1, go ahead. Especially if you've been sick, as you have.

Leeda - take care of that ankle. I twisted mine recently, tripping over the new puppy, but it's better now. It took me a couple of weeks but it wasn't a bad injury. I could walk on it the next day but took it easy.

Cat - check out the treadmill doctor website - they have reviews on lots of treadmills and in all price ranges. I found it helpful when I got mine.

teacher1 - I do Jari Love's "Get Ripped!" DVD's on non-running days. Sometimes I use the exercise bike in the basement. Once the boys are in school I may bike outside too.

I've been slack on running recently, not wanting to get up at 5 am anymore after getting up with the puppy at night. Next week all the boys will be in school and I plan on running in the mornings after they're gone. Woo hoo.
jaxjob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 02:15 PM   #132  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

I'm still at a standstill wondering if I should continue onto D3W5 or stick with D2W5. I guess tomorrow morning at the end of 8 minutes, I'll know what the answer will be! I wish I had a different running route that wasn't all uphill for the first half. Once I get to the longer runs, it will be uphill for the first mile or so, then a steep downhill followed by a moderately flat downhill and then another uphill climb before I head downhill toward home. I guess it's better to get the uphill done and over with at the beginning, though.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 05:44 PM   #133  
Starting Over

http://www.visionfitness.com/home/tr.../prod.php?id=8

Here is the treadmill I bought. I got the one with the ortho belt since I seem to be having leg issues. It felt really nice when I took a jog on it in the store. My SIL has the same one and swears by it and it has a nice warranty just in case my large butt breaks it in the beginning.

My leg started to act up just while trying out the treadmills, so I am off to make a doctor's appointment. I actually went into the clinic to see if I could make a same day appointment, but the military is dumb and you have to call the 800 number and get an appointment. Sort of teed off about that! Hopefully I can get seen in the next few days though and figure out what I did to myself and if there is some sort of wrap or brace I can wear to help!
Old 08-27-2007, 09:18 PM   #134  

S/C/G: 224/see ticker/130

Height: 5'1''

I feel silly asking this but where do I download the Ullrey podcasts? I have a ipod nano so I went to the itune store and could only find week 9 to download. I did a search on the site but only found week 9. Can anyone explain this to me? I only download songs so the podcast is a little confusing to me. Thanks!
teacher1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 09:47 PM   #135  
Getting there...

S/C/G: 195.6/see ticker/135

Height: 5' 6"

All the Ullrey podcasts are on itunes. They are listed under "Podcasts for Running" artist:Robert Ullrey but if you put "couch to 5k" in the itunes store search this will come up. That's how I found them. I'm not sure how you only got week 9 - but it is listed first, so maybe there's more?

HTH

Jax
jaxjob is offline   Reply With Quote