Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 08-07-2007, 02:09 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 188/188/150

Height: 5'7

Default Just started!

Hi Everyone!

I have been on and off 3fatchicks for over 2 years. I come and go, while my weight goes up and down

Well, I finally decided that this is it- I am counting calories and excercising and I WILL lose the weight for good this time.

It is so funny, I was looking at this forum for advice about running, because my husband and I just started C25K last week! Today we do W2 D1!!! I am so proud of myself for even getting this far- running has always been difficult for me- but my husband is a great motivator. I was so excited to see other C25K'ers on here!

Have you all lost weight doing C25K? I am eating about 1600 calories per day (i weigh 185, 5'7 height).... just wondering what I should expect.... I look forward to hearing from you all!
judes26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 04:21 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/150

Height: 5'7 1/2

Hey judes, welcome! I've only been doing C25k for 3 weeks but I noticed a 2 pound loss that a first week I did it, which is a lot for me (I'm usually a 1 pound every 2 week loser). Right now, I'm expecting TOM so no weight loss for me I definitly feel a difference in my leg muscles though. Congrats on starting week 2! Also nice to see another mississippian on here!

Allison, that is great that you get up so early to run! I wish I could get up earlier, it gets so hot here by 8 am even.

I did week 3, d2 and it went smoothly. I'm pretty anxious to get started on week 4, I wonder how 5 minute run will go...yikes.
LeedaRenee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 12:24 PM   #33  
Starting Over

S/C/G: 255/255/155

Height: 5'7"

I am not eating great so I haven't lost much weight (a few pounds) but my body shape is changing and my muscles are coming back! I have lost quite a few inches thanks to the running!
cakses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 04:44 PM   #34  
No pain, no gain.

Height: 6'3"

hi everyone!!!

I've really enjoyed reading through everyone's posts and experiences on their
c25k journeys.

I'm currently on week 8 of the program and nearing "graduation." I've already completed the first workout of the week and I'll do the second workout tomorrow.

Then comes the 5K which I signed up for on Saturday. I'm super ready and excited...hoping to complete it in 28-30 minutes but I'll be happy just to finish the distance.

If someone had told me I could have done this before I started I would have probably laughed right in their face. But I've gained so much fitness and confidence in sticking with the program. There's been workouts that pushed me to the limits...and also ones that felt almost enjoyable. But all in all, its definetly worth it.
glitterlicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 06:50 PM   #35  
Starting Over

Glitter, are you seriously 6'3", if so wow! Now I know how you are so fast at running - your legs are twice the length of mine! Good luck on the 5k you have this weekend, I know you'll do great.

I did the 2nd run of week 6 and OMG it was brutal. I almost quit halfway through. I haven't been in a running mood this week, but I forced myself to finish. Tomorrow I will do an easy walk and some weights and then Friday it's a 25 min run so I better have my A-game back. I need to get more sleep, I know that is part of it as well. Hopefully tonight I can get it together and make it to bed at a decent hour.
Old 08-08-2007, 07:47 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/150

Height: 5'7 1/2

Glitter, good luck on your 5k saturday, let us know how you do! I am sure you will do wonderfully.

Cakses, week 6 looks terribly brutal, Good for you for doing it even though you werent in the mood.
LeedaRenee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 10:01 AM   #37  
Heather 2.0

S/C/G: 290/281/139

Height: 5'8"

Morning all!

Glitterlicious, I got confused - is the 5K ON Saturday, or did you sign up for one on Saturday?? Either way, good luck! I've signed up for one in October - I don't think I could do one any sooner, even though I am running more than that on the treadmill...! BTW - your avatar is looking gorgeous, girl!

Cakses - stick with it - think how great you feel (emotionally, at least) for NOT quitting part way through! That said, if you're tired, you know MY mantra - repeat 'til you're ready, repeat 'til you're ready!

Renee - keep going, chickie! We all felt daunted (and me - terrified!) when looking ahead, but you can DO IT!

Jude, ! Good for you for getting started - this programme absolutely changed my life! Keep posting and telling us how you are getting on!

Have a great day all - I'm going to do some hill work today, pretty sure one day a week of THAT will be enough for me!

Heather
HeatherAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 11:27 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Terrified at looking ahead? Is there a stronger word to use? If there is, I choose that word!!

I did D1W3 this morning. The first set was hard, all uphill ya know, but the 2nd set was pretty easy. Saturday should be a breeze.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 12:40 PM   #39  
Heather 2.0

Way to go, Allison!
Old 08-09-2007, 02:13 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 188/188/150

Height: 5'7

Thanks you guys for your kind replies! My husband and I did W2 D1 yesterday, and on the last run I thought I was going to die!! It was really hard, but I am going to keep at it- I feel soooo great when I finish!

It is so hot here, we can't run until 7:30 at night, and even then, I feel like I can't catch my breath because of the humidity. We tried to do it in the morning, but I am not a morning person and I have a hard time getting up!

My eating habits have not been good, and I am worried that even though I am running, I am gaining weight- I have to get them under control!
judes26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 05:56 PM   #41  
Heather 2.0

Jude - it WILL get easier, I promise you! It's nice that you and hubby can run together - I was SUCH a b!atch in the first few weeks of C25K that even the DOG stopped running with me! That's only partly a joke - !

Heather
Old 08-09-2007, 10:29 PM   #42  
Starting Over

jude, i haven't changed my eating habits and i am on week 6 and the weight is FINALLY starting to come off. so it will happen just much slower than with diet. remember muscle weighs more than fat so the change in your body will make you seem like you are gaining or maintaining. i suggest getting a tape measurer as well. i have been tracking my measurements as well so i know exactly what's going on.
Old 08-09-2007, 11:28 PM   #43  
Starting Over

tomorrow is my 25 min run - ACK. this week has sucked so bad running-wise, so i hope i make it through.
Old 08-10-2007, 09:39 AM   #44  
Heather 2.0

Cakses - how did you do today? Hope you feel awesome!
Old 08-10-2007, 09:53 AM   #45  
No pain, no gain.

Height: 6'3"

yep...I really am 6'3". lol.

anyways I made it through workout 2 of week 8 of the c25k. I know I have a week left but I still think I can do the 5 K this Saturday. I'm really excited about it. I'm going to make a playlist today so I have some good music to keep me going on my run.

The thing I'm nervous about it starting off at too fast of a pace trying to keep up with the pack of people running then tiring myself out. So maybe if I start off my playlist with a slow, relaxing song it will help me find my own pace...i dunno.
glitterlicious is offline   Reply With Quote