Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 12-26-2001, 12:04 PM   #1  

Default PRECOR eliptical machines

To all of you who use them. Please tell me the results you have along with any muscle soreness you felt afterwards. Also, did you gain, maintain or lose weight when you first started to use the machine?

Michelle
Old 12-28-2001, 08:39 AM   #2  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

I have had a home vertion of the club precore eliptical. It was a reward for my weight loss. I hvae used it steadaly for the last 2.5 years. I love it. You can get an excellent WO or a so so workout, it really depends on you.

The Eliptical trainer is easy on the joints and I think a lot of fun. I do suggest you take a trial mebbership ofg get a few day passes to a gum to try it out and make sure it is what you want as they are kind of pricy.

-L
Old 01-04-2002, 08:34 AM   #3  

Angry precor eliptical

HI,
I have had a precor eliptical for about 2 years. I love it. I seem to have problems with exercise programs--like developing a horrible skin allergy to clorine after swimming every day for almost 3 years, ended up with heel spurs with a treadmil, bad knees with a stairclimber and the storry goes on. Anyway it seems that an eliptical must be easy on the joints etc because I've done that for years and never had a problem. I used a NorticTrack for several years--it was ok but needed repairs pretty regularly. The Precor hasn't given a bit of problem and I use it daily along with my two teens who run track, Xcountry and use it all winter. Expensive, but a great machine.
Old 01-17-2002, 09:57 PM   #4  

We just bought one last Saturday. It seems harder to get started with that an treadmill - it is more work. However, I seem to burn more calories in a shorter time. It seems like it works my upper thighs and abs whereas the treadmill seemed to work my knees and calves and feet ( and I have bad knees and a foot problem, so that's not good). I haven't been very sore with the Precor, just tired muscles when I am done which seems logical.

Maybe I will post again after I've used if for a month or so.
Closed Thread