Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 07-24-2007, 06:51 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 234/154.4/120

Height: 5'6

Default exercise and "me time"

I got my Jane Magazine in the mail and I was flipping through it, and in it there's an advertisement for Nike. On the page there's a little thing that you can pull off, and it's like those things you see on store windows that say, "Out, be back at _____" and it has a little clock where you can move the hands to say when you'll be back. Well, the one in my magazine says "Gone Running. Will Return At ___" then you can move the clock hands.

I think we all have different things that distract us from our goals. I'm totally going to use this thing from the magazine to define ME time. I'm exercising, I'm spending time to make me a healthier and happy person, and you can come back and talk to me at ____.

How do yall keep from being distracted when you're trying to exercise?
FreeSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 07:08 PM   #2  

X

Last edited by elmuyloco5; 03-26-2008 at 02:22 PM.
elmuyloco5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 03:32 AM   #3  
Constant Vigilance

S/C/G: 150/132/<130

Height: just under 5'4"

I don't do any exercise at home, so distractions aren't a problem. I exercise at the gym, the pool, or I go running. In all cases, I'm out of the house and in a place where's there's nothing to do but what I came there to do, so there's no question of being distracted.
BlueToBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 11:29 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

Height: 5'5"

Luckily, i go straight from work to the gym before going home. When i'm home, there is too much going on to be able to carve out any me time to excersize. I can't even get thru a 30 minute tv show without being interrupted by the girls. The real key for me is to not get distracted by something at home BEFORE i leave for the gym. I hate missing my class.

My ex-husband tells me I shouldn't spend so much time at the gym, but he felt that way when we were married too but yet wanted me to lose weight. Now i think he hates it because i'm actually losing the weight he always wanted me to lose but now we're not together!!!! hahahahaha.

My boyfriend on the other hand, loves that i go to the gym. He knows that i want to lose weight and he is very supportive. He's offered to watch the girls on the weekend if i needed him to so i could go.
lumifan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote