Excersize and loss of weight loss

• Okay...I am sure I really know the answer in my own mind, but starting to just feel alittle insecure about it and need some support (for lack of a better word).

I started excersizing 5 to 6 days a week July 2. Since then, I have not lost a single pound. If anything, I have gone up one or two pounds. My mind tells me that it is okay....that I am eating pretty much on plan every day (not counting the past saturday nights drinking binge with my boyfriend) and that I am probably just retaining fluids since I am tired and sore alot. Can you just re-affirm that, that I am right. That soon, I will probably see a big drop at once???

Anyone else have this happen when they started adding in more excersize??

I used to go about 2 maybe 3 times a week to my ultra do all class, but now I really do go 3 times a week to that class, 1 step class and one day a week at least, i walk/jog 2 miles.

I really want to see the numbers going down on the scale and I KNOW that by excersizing hard 5 days week, I am going to start seeing muscles toning up and inches coming off. This is only week 3 of working out 5 days a week....I just can't seem to wait to see my weight start dropping again. Seems like every time i start excersizing, it takes longer to see a pound drop.
  • It's water weight. Water weight, water weight, water weight!

You're doing great and the extra exercise is going to pay off in the long run. If the plateau lasts for a few more weeks, you might want to tinker with your calories, but for now, stick with it, admire your increased fitness and toning muscles and feel virtuous for living an active and healthy lifestyle. The weight loss will follow, I promise
  • My weight loss usually plateaus for a few weeks and will all of a sudden drop. It has never been gradual, especially because I exercise a lot. The last time that I increased my exercise my weight remained the same for about a month, and all of a sudden it started creaping down. I think that my body was holding on to water, especially because my muscles were so sore. I would have to agree that it is water weight!
  • Thanks guys....i just really needed to hear someone else tell me it was probably water weight. I am soooo desperate to see the scale move back down, i am drinking as much water as i can. I know i haven't been eating too many calories, so that it has to be water weight. I know....I just have to be patient...but i am having a hard time being patient right now. I just have this drive, this motivation and i want to see progress for all my hard work. Okay...i'll try to chill. I feel myself wanting to jump up and go excersize, so let me go drink a glass of water instead. lol!!
  • Don't forget as well that muscle weighs more than fat - so once you make that switch you will be golden - muscle burns more calories than fat. So give it a bit longer, make sure you are eating enough for how much you are working out and it should start of melt off....
  • You never talked about food. Do you track your food and are you still eating the same, even though you've upped the exercise?
  • I do track my food...other than this past weekend when i had a little tequilla party with just me, my boyfriend and a full bottle of tequilla...i have been maintaining about 1200 calories a day. I keep my proteins in the 30's, my carbs in the 30's and my fats in the 20's. I only drink one cup of coffee with splenda and sugar free creamer. the rest of the day is water.
  • Well, it is possible that if your tequila party had a lot of calories that is messing with possible losses for the rest of the week! Alcohol does have a lot of calories. So, think about how often you are NOT tracking and if you're doing a lot of damage at those times!

But otherwise, it sounds like you're doing great! And, yes, you probably will see a drop soon! Remember that weight loss doesn't move in a straight line, much as we would want it to!

Good luck!